BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't get some Rovers fans on here. You were complaining saying we wouldn't sign anyone, now that we are signing players ahead of Championship clubs, ye are still moaning. Before some of you get disappointed, we wont be in for Ronaldo. 

some Rovers fans like a moan about anything. sadly that's what we are facing now.

Just now, Boroblue said:

Smallwood has been coming to us  for several weeks. Since he turned down the contract offer at rotherham

good to hear

Just now, J*B said:

Rumour time...

Mulgrew going to Boro

Bennett staying 

Evans being touted everywhere and anywhere. 

Smallwood not the only Rotherham player on the way - Mark Bradley also being talked too. 

Mulgrew going to Boro wouldn't be surprise since Monk is there and he was linked with Leeds when he was there.

Always thought Bennett would stay. Would like Evans to stay but poor injury record makes it hard.

Mark Bradley retired from football in 2016 due to injury but he has sports science degree so will he be joining the fitness and sport science department?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sad-story-lost-member-wales-12159554#r3z-addoor

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Boroblue said:

Smallwood has been coming to us  for several weeks. Since he turned down the contract offer at rotherham

Boroblue do you know Of him personally ? What sort of type is he. General conscious is he's a grafter. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

My friend who is a Scunthorpe fan:

Likes a sidewards ball and slows play up. 

Bang average.

There's only two Jason Lowes!

• Moderation Lead

For all the people complaining about fans whingeing- we're in the third division for the first time in over 30 years, we're in bucket loads of debt and Venky's treat the fans with complete contempt and have sold anything which isn't nailed down which could be worth a damn.

The way people criticise fans that complain go on like we are still 10th in the PL. We've every reason to be angry, frustrated and completely despondent because of our owners and to criticise people for the mindset shows ignorance to our plight as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, K-Hod said:

For all the people complaining about fans whingeing- we're in the third division for the first time in over 30 years, we're in bucket loads of debt and Venky's treat the fans with complete contempt and have sold anything which isn't nailed down which could be worth a damn.

The way people criticise fans that complain go on like we are still 10th in the PL. We've every reason to be angry, frustrated and completely despondent because of our owners and to criticise people for the mindset shows ignorance to our plight as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, but that doesn't extend to critisising mowbrays possible signings before he's had chance to put them on the pitch, or even get them through the door, surely?

Slag venkys off all you want, fine, but give TM some sort of chance.

Just now, Boroblue said:

To be honest I have to look up most of the people we are signing these days

Me too. But I still find it interesting, and look forward too seeing how they/we do next season. With no tournament this summer, I'm bored silly already.

Just now, JayPeeBee40 said:

Yes, but that doesn't extend to critisising mowbrays possible signings before he's had chance to put them on the pitch, or even get them through the door, surely?

Slag venkys off all you want, fine, but give TM some sort of chance.

It's an open MB so will get a broad spectrum of views and tbh the crticical posts have been rather mild for this place over the past few days.

Just now, K-Hod said:

There is a difference between criticising fans and criticising the same wallowing negativity, post after post after thread after topic!

I can quite obviously explain our plight in detail, and at the same time I can quite fairly criticise those who would judge a player before even seeing him play thank you very much :) 

It's not the place I would want us to be but  you have to admit there is something slightly exhilarating about the possibility of winning a number of games in a row. 

Two would be good three makes me dizzy.

i almost can't wait for august Monday mornings

Just now, Boroblue said:

It's not the place I would want us to be but  you have to admit there is something slightly exhilarating about the possibility of winning a number of games in a row. 

Two would be good three makes me dizzy.

i almost can't wait for august Monday mornings

Hmm, sure I remember reading such things in the summer of 2012. How did that work out?

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

And Makelele, Veron, Savage, Butt, Gattuso, Batty, Speed, Cambiasso, Vieira, N'Zonzi, Leiva,  ... I'm sure there are many others I've undeservedly forgotten who were holding midfielders with plenty of talent.

How many of these where 26 and playing for lowly Rotherham United looking for their next desperate transfer to a League One club. Wow !

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

some Rovers fans like a moan about anything. sadly that's what we are facing now.

good to hear

Mulg

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't get some Rovers fans on here. You were complaining saying we wouldn't sign anyone, now that we are signing players ahead of Championship clubs, ye are still moaning. Before some of you get disappointed, we wont be in for Ronaldo. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said, and I quote "When you read the words," likes to play the holding role" there's the clue in that the lad doesn't have much skill or talent. 

So now you are saying that scenario doesn't apply with Kante :rolleyes:

Kane can attack !

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The guy from Rochdale would cost.  This guy from Rotherham will be free.  

If there was money in the pot for transfers we should be looking at better than this guy......but we all know there isn't.

Caddy, how you can claim that this Smallwood guy is better than Evans is beyond me.  On what basis us he better?

Very poor signing IMO.  Let's hope it's idle gossip.

Archived