BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

I'd rather have Guthrie certainly or probably Lowe ahead of this fella tbh. 

Ineffective captain derided by the support of a relegated side is better than a midfielder praised by the support of a fellow relegated side?

It's a theoretically positive, albeit small, step imo. Recall him actually making tackles in the Rotherham away game last season (I initially noticed his funny name, so it stuck), which is immediately a step up from anything Captain Fantastic has done in 7 years. He's even scored more goals!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

He went to Scunthorpe on a year's long loan apparently, struggled to break-in to the team and returned to R/ham in January, they were in the top 2 at the time I think.

They lost out on promotion in the play-offs.

yeah sorry, I meant he got out of league 1 with Rotherham. I will go back and amend:)

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Smallwood rejected other clubs some champs and a 5k offer at RUFC so he's going to be on quite a bit more isn't he?

Guthrie was on around 8.5k and looks set to be signing for Aberdeen so I'd imagine wage wise would be similar to resign.

Cant be worse than Lowe!? I think you'll realise soon the hilarity of that comment

You are basing your opinion  on him on very little first hand data. What I have read is positive. I will reserve full judgement until seeing him play in a rovers shirt 

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Decent money plus long contracts is the only way that we have recruited fees, frees or out of contract players for years now.

Why else would they come. The attraction is an inflated contract.

Different times though mate. Rovers were well known in football circles for paying good wages and looking after players. That was in the PL and we could afford to pay an excessively high percentage of our tv money in wages. Quite simply we just cannot do that now and I would think that any contracts for new players this summer will be heavily incentivised.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If we can sign a goal scoring mid - Bostock would be a great addition , then add some pace out wide and up front, things may be looking up.  We are going to have to spend to get anyone that scores goals though.

Graham and Stokes?? 

Whittingham and Smallwood are two good players to take us back to the championship. 

Team at the moment:

Raya

Nyambe, Leninhan, Mulgrew, Williams

Bennett, Evans, Whittingham, Smallwood, Conway

Graham

Subs: Ward,  Wharton, Stokes, Steele, Feeney, Tomlinson.

This starting eleven would be the strongest in league one. More quality needed IF players get injured.

People said the same when we came down to the championship and spent tons of dollar. I am not even convinced the team above would be strongest in L1, plus the fact a good chunk of it i still expect to go.

Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

I am pretty confident (hence the name) that we will spend money in the next few weeks which will obviously make a lovely change......then maybe the doom mongers in here will pipe down for a short period of time

Hmm, not sure. I think the budget is mainly for wages. Strikers/Attacking players are the ones that cost the most money, but I'm expecting us to use loan players for those positions again.

I don't know too much (anything!) about Smallwood but I am happy with Whittingham. Given that in the last few years I would have carried any our midfielders on my back to any club of their choice, I am willing to give anybody a chance to come in and hopefully improve our midfield. Midfield being a position that we have been to put it kindly, horrific in during the last few years!!

I am pretty confident (hence the name) that we will spend money in the next few weeks which will obviously make a lovely change......then maybe the doom mongers in here will pipe down for a short period of time

Seriously?

Doom mongers?

Did the last 7 years not happen or something?

Are you a 1 year old baby?

Because for most of us supporters, we have LIVED with no tranfser fees being paid, stars being sold, and @#/? being fed for that entire time. We are supposed to just accept where we are? This is natural is it? Posts like yours completely infuriate me!

9 minutes ago, Eternal Optimist said:

Oh dear. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Seriously?

Doom mongers?

Did the last 7 years not happen or something?

Are you a 1 year old baby?

Because for most of us supporters, we have LIVED with no tranfser fees being paid, stars being sold, and @#/? being fed for that entire time. We are supposed to just accept where we are? This is natural is it? Posts like yours completely infuriate me!

I agree the last seven years have been pretty $*^# but Mowbray is not a stupid man and I honestly don't think he'd have signed a new contract after being told you get nothing to spend, just doesn't add up! Also think he knows players will be sold, mulgrew is not going to play League one so I think he will get the cash we receive to spend on new! Sorry if I infuriate you but it's time to stop "protesting" (it's not working) and just support whoever is on the pitch! 

Look,. Mowbray as much as a good guy he is - does not run this football club. Why does everyone blindly trust Mowbray when the only people that require trusting is our owners?  sigh...not going over all this crap again...lets just wait and see huh

Just now, JacknOry said:

Look,. Mowbray as much as a good guy he is - does not run this football club. Why does everyone blindly trust Mowbray when the only people that require trusting is our owners?  sigh...not going over all this crap again...lets just wait and see huh

I agree, not going to get into a debate as like you said it's already been talked to death! Next transfer rumour please 

I agree the last seven years have been pretty $*^# but Mowbray is not a stupid man and I honestly don't think he'd have signed a new contract after being told you get nothing to spend, just doesn't add up! Also think he knows players will be sold, mulgrew is not going to play League one so I think he will get the cash we receive to spend on new! Sorry if I infuriate you but it's time to stop "protesting" (it's not working) and just support whoever is on the pitch! 

I'd call myself a 'protester' but that doesn't mean when I go to Ewood where I've only missed a handful of games since the early 2000's I don't support whoever is on the pitch, what an absolutely ridiculous statement. Poor from you that.

Archived