BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Moderation Lead
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

His name should be pronounced 'Duck'. Silly southern fackers.

'Are you trying to mug me off in front of my pals?'

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hopefully Mowbray gets this over the line. Interesting that Bristol city bid 2 million for him. When was the last time we spent that much or more on a player? Rhodes? 

In theory sign him for £400k - £500k give him a 3 year contract and you have a £2m plus player on your books.

Am I the only one who is getting really excited about this little team Mowbray is putting together?! Dack Whittingtham Smallwood. Just need another Winger and striker. I would also look at Conor McLaughlin who just left Fleetwood. Would solve our RB issue...

I saw Dack play on TV a couple of times and he looks a tidy player. He seemed to be strong given his diminutive stature and was difficult to knock off the ball. His quick feet enabled him to beat players in tight spaces and create openings. I recall him having a decent set piece delivery too and if he can chip in with a few goals he can become a fans favourite.

If Dack signs though I don't think the Turkish lad will be signing as they are very similar from what I have seen.

22 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Am I the only one who is getting really excited about this little team Mowbray is putting together?! Dack Whittingtham Smallwood. Just need another Winger and striker. I would also look at Conor McLaughlin who just left Fleetwood. Would solve our RB issue...

I can't stop thinking about Gordon Lee, who just weaved and knitted together a promotion team one close season. It is possible with thoughtful, sensible management,,,,just saying  haha

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I just meant in a transfer fee. Crazy that Bristol were prepared to show that kind of money around. No wonder we got relegated 

They seemed to spend a lot last season, but still only just avoided the drop. Something not quite right there in my opinion.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I can't stop thinking about Gordon Lee, who just weaved and knitted together a promotion team one close season. It is possible with thoughtful, sensible management,,,,just saying  haha

Keep them good thoughts coming LV :):rover:

I must admit that these are my feelings about the signings thus far and the players being talked about.  Gordon Lee made some very astute signings that season to do the specific job of getting us out of the Third Division.  As you said it can be done, Kendall did it as well plucking the likes of Jim Branagan and Andy Crawford from reserve team football.  Some on here would have been up in arms at some of signings Lee and Kendall made and yet they were both hugely successful managers at this club.  To be honest I'm rather looking forward to this season as I believe with a few more additions we ought to be challenging at the top end of this division.

18 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Keep them good thoughts coming LV :):rover:

As ever, I am torn.Some early signs are good, all right. But we still don't know who will be leaving.( I can guess, though)

The problem is I know that the fresh start syndrome goes with the rule of optimism and buys time for abuse and neglect to continue.

So you see I am busy pi55ing on my own chips, as soon as I take them out of the paper!

As ever, I am torn.Some early signs are good, all right. But we still don't know who will be leaving.( I can guess, though)

The problem is I know that the fresh start syndrome goes with the rule of optimism and buys time for abuse and neglect to continue.

So you see I am busy pi55ing on my own chips, as soon as I take them out of the paper!

If the chip paper is the LT you're plizzing is not in vain ;)

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

makes you wonder if we have failed in a bid to sign Oztumer from walsall. You wouldnt end up purchasing both unless we had the money (which we dont), if we do its a bit silly as Oztumer and Dack would cost a fee and wages. There both simliar players. If we get either then they will be a good signing. If we are being clever with the budget you would only purchase the 1.

20 hours ago, Mike E said:

The reasons I feel cautiously positive:

We've signed 2 free players who look at worst a small upgrade on what we had before, and whose styles look to complement each other.

The rumours of Bostock, Dack, and Oztumer came from external sources rather than LET or Rovers. Any of those three would appear a great signing and would require cash, which (imo) adds credence to Mowbray's insistence that we have bids in.

I think Mowbray comes across in the Bowyer mold of saying it as it is, and given the above, I think he's telling the truth about cash bids.

I'm perfectly aware of what's gone on under Venky's. I'm a regular at WMC meetings, am helping the Rovers Trust, and have taken part in all protests last season, and 2 in the Kean era. However, I'm willing to look at next season in a positive mindset because we OUGHT to be in the playoffs as a minimum imo IF the squad remains as it is.

agree but will need some legs in as i think we are a little bit light on numbers to geth through 46 games plus cruddy cup games.

Just now, ruggles1995 said:

makes you wonder if we have failed in a bid to sign Oztumer from walsall. You wouldnt end up purchasing both unless we had the money (which we dont), if we do its a bit silly as Oztumer and Dack would cost a fee and wages. There both simliar players. If we get either then they will be a good signing. If we are being clever with the budget you would only purchase the 1.

Rich Sharpe says no bid for Oztumer. Dack the one he wants

Just now, ruggles1995 said:

agree but will need some legs in as i think we are a little bit light on numbers to geth through 46 games plus cruddy cup games.

Promotion is the major target. Forget cup competitions. I'm not saying to not be competitive but I'd imagine, or at least hope, the cup games is the place to give the academy lads a game whilst having them on as subs or fill ins in suitable league games. We'd be silly to pursue successful cup runs whilst aiming for promotion.

Go for the FA Cup and sod the rest. 

Sky Sports think....

BLACKBURN IN TALKS TO SIGN DACK

Blackburn are in talks with Gillingham to sign midfielder Bradley Dack but Sky Sports News HQ understands the Gills are playing hardball over the transfer fee.

The Kent club are asking for a payment of £600k up-front plus add-ons potentially rising to £1.2m for the 23-year-old, who only has one year remaining on his contract. Blackburn are not willing to pay more than £400k as an initial fee and are willing to negotiate add-ons, but talks have hit a standstill at this stage.

Dack was of interest to a number of bigger clubs last summer including Brighton and reportedly Crystal Palace, but a move never materialised.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Sky Sports think....

BLACKBURN IN TALKS TO SIGN DACK

Blackburn are in talks with Gillingham to sign midfielder Bradley Dack but Sky Sports News HQ understands the Gills are playing hardball over the transfer fee.

The Kent club are asking for a payment of £600k up-front plus add-ons potentially rising to £1.2m for the 23-year-old, who only has one year remaining on his contract. Blackburn are not willing to pay more than £400k as an initial fee and are willing to negotiate add-ons, but talks have hit a standstill at this stage.

Dack was of interest to a number of bigger clubs last summer including Brighton and reportedly Crystal Palace, but a move never materialised.

Hopefully we can make a deal sooner rather than later on Dack. It sounds ,from that report t least, that we aren't miles apart on the fee. 

Archived