SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Bennett should be a class player at this level.

For me his best performances by far came in the number ten position, he may not be your typical flair player there but his energy and closing down made him very effective ve I thought.  Whilst he was decent and sometimes good on the wing, I don't think it's his best position. 

Of course I wouldn't be against getting in another creative player in, I haven't seen Dark but that ten minute season highlight video of Bostock someone posted a few days ago showed he sure knows how to pick a pass, lots of great through balls.

I love a player that can really pass a ball, it's why I was sad to see Guthrie go, he had his faults (used to see Tugay's invisible friend a bit too often) but his passing was underrated I reckon.  Hopefully Whittingham will prove to be better.

Bostock is the exciting one out of those mentioned.  All the ability in the world as a youngster.  If he is starting to fulfil 90% of his potential then he would be a great acquisition and potentially  worth a few bob a couple of years down the line 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Already posted that link before

Chaddy, I think you're a decent bloke and always appreciate your input.

However, let me give you some quick advice. Imo that post comes across as pompous, if you changed your perceived tone, people may give you a break.

Dack .... Wasn't he Luke Skywalkers gunner in Empire Strikes Back ? .. Anyway he looks very decent in that video , it is a concern for me that it is the season before last , and last season he was poor by those standards , but if he can recreate that form either by change of scenery , better players around him  or a different voice in his ear he certainly looks good enough to play Chamoipnship level at least , Gladwin on the other hand doesn't enthuse me , the good thing about the recruitment so far is Mowbray has identified what we as fans know .... That our midfield is and has been for a number of years now ...  Woeful

Just now, RoverCanada said:

Fantastic negotiating prowess right here.

I'm right though.

If he's a good enough player then 600k vs £400k isn't a lot of money. 

If this drags out, some championship team will match our 400k on a punt or go in at 500k, and he'll go there instead. Seen it far too many times before.

Haven't seen any defenders linked to us yet. Maybe Mulgrew is planning on sticking around. Midfield and up-front both need work.

Dack looks like he a classic number ten, would be good playing off Graham I would think.

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams 

Bennett Whittingham Smallwood Bostock

Dack

Graham

Strong team in league 1, but will need another couple of strikers.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack would be good, Gladwin is unnecessary and Burke would be terrible.

Agree on Burke. Gladwin and Dack would be good signings if it happens. Not trying to get too far ahead

8 hours ago, Traviscon said:

Chaddy, I think you're a decent bloke and always appreciate your input.

However, let me give you some quick advice. Imo that post comes across as pompous, if you changed your perceived tone, people may give you a break.

Tbf, the link was posted with intro to the link..maybe we need transfer link only. My apogolises 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agree on Burke. Gladwin and Dack would be good signings if it happens. Not trying to get too far ahead

Tbf, the link was posted with intro to the link..maybe we need transfer link only. My apogolises 

Quite right Chaddy. I for one like how you intro a link, saves reading something I might already have.

You had no need to apologise to anyone.

Carry on the good work that Man :rover:

Possibly a little controversial but I can't but think that we should sell Mulgrew.....he only managed 28 championship games, he is a great player for us I'm not disputing that but he is a little injury prone and when your playing so many games week in week out I just think selling him and reinvesting in someone younger and fitter would be more beneficial 

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Welcome back Ciccio we missed you 

IMG_5003.JPG

Thought that was bad Chaddy's new nickname for a second.

If so 'Chadass' sounds better. As in, don't mess with him, he's a Chadass Mother keaner.

1 hour ago, Eternal Optimist said:

Possibly a little controversial but I can't but think that we should sell Mulgrew.....he only managed 28 championship games, he is a great player for us I'm not disputing that but he is a little injury prone and when your playing so many games week in week out I just think selling him and reinvesting in someone younger and fitter would be more beneficial 

If we sell mulgrew we won't reinvest in anyone let alone someone younger and fitter if past experiences are anything to go by

Only sell if he

A: Demands to go & a suitable deal can be found that benefits Rovers

B: A very good offer comes in but please be cute and try and get a replacement first otherwise the coin is gone into the black hole.

Otherwise he's a keeper, no more soft touch Rovers.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Also you can't put a price on his invaluable experience and leader ship qualities. We need an old head like Charlie's to steer the ship on the pitch

I understand your point but he missed almost 20 championship games last season, can't steer the ship if he's on the treatment table and he will be one of our top earners but I'm not doubting what he brings to the team in the slightest 

Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

I understand your point but he missed almost 20 championship games last season, can't steer the ship if he's on the treatment table and he will be one of our top earners but I'm not doubting what he brings to the team in the slightest 

Hey, stay true to your name - he may have missed 20 but he played 28...or four seasons in Grella terms.

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Just off topic for a sec but why are talksport at ewood this morning? Heard the delectable georgie bingham is doing her programme from there whilst making my toast.

Cheston has turned the multi faith room into a studio. 

Archived