SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, USABlue said:

Be funny if Mahoney movedto Forest and found himself on the bench with Feeney picked ahead of him.

I believe that is the midlands club Baz is referring to .. They want both Mahoney and Feeney 

45 minutes ago, AJW said:

I believe that is the midlands club Baz is referring to .. They want both Mahoney and Feeney 

Hence why it's likely garbage. They can't want 2 right wingers from us.

It's someone hearing Forest want a right winger from Rovers, and picking the wrong one for their 'exclusive'

Just now, Baz said:

Hence why it's likely garbage. They can't want 2 right wingers from us.

It's someone hearing Forest want a right winger from Rovers, and picking the wrong one for their 'exclusive'

The alternative is that Feeney was the back-up plan if Mahoney goes to 'Boro, who he's been strongly linked with.

Just now, islander200 said:

Monk and beattie wanted him at Leeds so I could see Mahoney ending up at boro

I think Beattie was coach at accy for a while so he maybe knows him from there. I think Mahoney would be better off at Boro, Gibson has the club at heart.  

53 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

As much as I dont really rate Feeney, he is the only player we have with pace. We desperately need more pace - even more so should he move on.

I agree, but only once a achievable suitable replacement has been identified.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

He's on big money i think that will be the catalyst for his departure 

Get there eventually still figuring how to do post certain things & links being a relative newbie to the forum & the iPad seems unstable after its last update. Anyway enough digressing. I'm not sure on his wage but it would make sense that being the case with the books needing to be balanced. It's acceptable that people need to leave things need freshening up anyhow.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/june/boss-eager-to-make-more-additions/

I've checked, double-checked and triple checked and as far as I can see nobody has posted this link. May I offer my sincerest apologies in advance if anybody is offended by the posting of this link. No animals were harmed in the posting of this link. This link is about transfers, and specifically which positions ToMo would like to sign players for over the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

He's on big money i think that will be the catalyst for his departure 

The catalyst for Feeney's departure should be far too many poor performance

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/june/boss-eager-to-make-more-additions/

I've checked, double-checked and triple checked and as far as I can see nobody has posted this link. May I offer my sincerest apologies in advance if anybody is offended by the posting of this link. No animals were harmed in the posting of this link. This link is about transfers, and specifically which positions ToMo would like to sign players for over the coming weeks.

Thanks for link and sharing it. 

We currently have only two strikers  - one who is aging and becoming injury prone and the other has a screw loose.

Neither has pace, trickery or aerial ability. 

Having spent several seasons having strikers but no midfield, we seem to be inverting that situation!

Just now, Hasta said:

We currently have only two strikers  - one who is aging and becoming injury prone and the other has a screw loose.

Having spent several seasons having strikers but no midfield, we seem to be inverting that situation!

Tony Watt has pace and trickery! I know it's only a twitter rumour linking him with us and I know some on here don't like twitter rumours being posted, but I'd be very happy if there is something in it.

I thought he was good in his brief loan spell for us before cut short with a bad injury. I know Tompill compared him to Stokes in the mercenary stakes but Watt said some nice things about Rovers and the fans when he returned to Charlton. He also upset Charlton fans last summer by his twitter photo which was him playing in a Rovers kit.

I read an interview with him a couple of weeks ago in which he said he had been training particularly hard during this break as he wants to get back into the Scotland fold. He is also mates with Conway and an instagram photo of him, Conway and Hanley on holiday in Marbella appeared last week. I appreciate these two points contradict themselves ha!

Just now, david brent said:

Tony Watt has pace and trickery! I know it's only a twitter rumour linking him with us and I know some on here don't like twitter rumours being posted, but I'd be very happy if there is something in it.

I thought he was good in his brief loan spell for us before cut short with a bad injury. I know Tompill compared him to Stokes in the mercenary stakes but Watt said some nice things about Rovers and the fans when he returned to Charlton. He also upset Charlton fans last summer by his twitter photo which was him playing in a Rovers kit.

I read an interview with him a couple of weeks ago in which he said he had been training particularly hard during this break as he wants to get back into the Scotland fold. He is also mates with Conway and an instagram photo of him, Conway and Hanley on holiday in Marbella appeared last week. I appreciate these two points contradict themselves ha!

Well there could be a difference if he actually wants to come and play here, comparisons with Stokes can be put to one side :)

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

A bit harsh on Graham and Stokes. Both have decent goalscoring records, so they have a bit about them. We definitely need a bit of pace upfront though. I can see at least one forward coming in on loan. As Abraham proved at Bristol City last season, there are some quality loans out there who can make a difference. Having said that, I would like if we signed someone permanently who has a good goalscoring record in league 1or even 2.

54 minutes ago, Hasta said:

from reading the interview with Mowbray it appears we are still after about 4 players. A number 10 player which would be Dack, A centre midfielder/Number 10 which would be Gladwin, a pacey winger and a striker who has pace and strength.

I have used Gladwin and Dack has these are 2 players we have been linked to recently. Gladwin has been left out of the QPR training camp to Portugal so its appears he not part of their plans or set to sold

Still like to sign a full back who can play either position brought in unless Mowbray think Travis and Doyle are good enough to step up if Nymabe or Williams are injury

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A bit harsh on Graham and Stokes. Both have decent goalscoring records, so they have a bit about them. We definitely need a bit of pace upfront though. I can see at least one forward coming in on loan. As Abraham proved at Bristol City last season, there are some quality loans out there who can make a difference. Having said that, I would like if we signed someone permanently who has a good goalscoring record in league 1or even 2.

I'm not saying both Graham and Stokes couldn't do a job in this league. In fact in paper both should be very effective. It's just if we want to mix it up and go direct or over the top then we need a different kind of option. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

Not too sure about Gladwin, seems like he was a proper non league Journeyman and then failed at a higher level with QPR. 

I had never heard of him, but that's what his wiki would suggest. He went to QPR for big enough money, so he must have been playing well prior to that. However it seems he went back to Swindon on loan twice since, but hasn't reached previous heights there. Not very excited by the name, but I suppose we will need to take a gamble on a player or two. 

Archived