BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

He'd get in my all time team. I loved his will to win and his expectations of those around him to do the same too. That kind of desire, mixed with the respectful leadership of say Nelsen, is a couple of the key things I miss since the Venky Virus took hold.

Here here. Was too young to appreciate Shearer at the time, but I really think you can make a case that he's been our best player since the 1995 team.

Obviously didn't have the raw talent of Tugay (who does?), Duff or Dunn, and Benni & Roque were both more polished strikers. But as you say, that palpable desire to win at all costs, as well as being much, much better than he has ever been given any credit for, made him the single biggest factor in turning us into a European standard team for those years under Sparky in my opinion.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just got a text of a long time mate and QPR fan who I asked about Gladwin.

Quote: "I would not say that he is an atrocious donkey. He's not that good. Please take him"

He'll only be a backup.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Weren't people saying our squad looked unfit last season, would this not have been Nevilles area? 

I've been saying it for the past 5 years, 4.5 of them under his watch. Ok there's been varying degrees of downgrades in quality but the fitness and workrate when it was a half decent squad has come into to question time and time again. He certainly didn't seem to be a pioneer on that score at Rovers.

Maybe over ridden by too many lightweight managers though but in reality probably just another one on an easy number at Ewood.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Considering that we have looked yards slower than virtually every team we've played for years I can't say I'm too sorry he's gone.

Also says a lot about the character of the players recruited. Neville came with Appleton so fingers point at Bowyer for sure. Coyle too.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Weren't people saying our squad looked unfit last season, would this not have been Nevilles area? 

That right back formally of Bristol (?) is meant to be coming in to replace. Forgotten his name. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes the top 2 this season is the target this season. Pleases with Mowbray's signings so far in Whittingham, Smallwood and Dack(if he signs)

Yes they are linked of course but Don't Venkys let the manager get on with it like they did with Bowyer and seem to be doing with Mowbray at the minute.

Nobody is happy about being a league 1 club but that's where we are now. I could moan and whinge about every single day but it aint going to change owt is it?

Mowbray staying is the positive and I happy with the Whittingham signing cos of his passing, set pieces, assists and goals he gets will be a major asset to the team. Smallwood I don't know a lot about but from I have read and look up he is ball winning midfielder with experience of getting promotion from this league.

why would I have to listen to Ian Wright on MOTD tbh? I watch the highlights and fast forward through the chat unless its Alan Shearer. But I started watching the highlights on Sky Sports instead cos they are 30 mins long and get to see more of the games

I bored of reading personal digs towards people instead of talking transfers, some people rather focus on the person than the things he has posted about transfers or possible signings

By your logic the relatives of someone murdered have no right to remain aggrieved or complain about the situation...

Also I agree the digs have to stop - ie the digs at fans never being happy, how much knowledge people have, that sort of thing. I'm far from innocent but come on chaddy see that you are adding to the problem and you are making digs. At least admit that!

Surprising quotes from Coyle in the article linked below.  If they are to be believed he tried to sign Stuart Armstrong from Celtic for £1M but Brendan Rodgers wanted to keep the player.

£1M? On one player? Did Venkys sanction that? Doubtful.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/25/owen-coyle-shares-what-brendan-rodgers-said-to-him-after-bidding/page/1/ 

Just now, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

Surprising quotes from Coyle in the article linked below.  If they are to be believed he tried to sign Stuart Armstrong from Celtic for £1M but Brendan Rodgers wanted to keep the player.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/25/owen-coyle-shares-what-brendan-rodgers-said-to-him-after-bidding/page/1/ 

Probably one of those where Balaji promised to provide millions on millions for new players but then when the time actually came to get the go ahead from India the phone was engaged and the player got fed up of waiting and went elsewhere.

Lets just hope Mowbray hasn't fallen for the same trick.

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well everyone has a price. The issue is selling too late and being unable to find a replacement 

Isn't that exactly what I said? To which you replied with "or because Mowbray says we don't need to sell??"

However, yes I would like to see some players leave. Quite frankly having Danny Graham on an est. 26k p/w at this level is far too much. It is almost as if no lessons have been heeded from us dropping to the Championship with high earners. I understand fully we can't afford to lose players without replacing them hence my panic that we haven't looked to off load any so far. What we don't want is to get to late August and suddenly start losing all of our big earners because the Vs want them off the books, leaving us with holes in the squad and slim pickings/no time to fill them.

That's why I am apprehensive so far. Whilst the incoming transfers seem quite good the out going is too slow for my liking. I'd rather them go now than later in the window because, as said, there is no such thing as 'not for sale' at Rovers anymore.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Isn't that exactly what I said? To which you replied with "or because Mowbray says we don't need to sell??"

However, yes I would like to see some players leave. Quite frankly having Danny Graham on an est. 26k p/w at this level is far too much. It is almost as if no lessons have been heeded from us dropping to the Championship with high earners. I understand fully we can't afford to lose players without replacing them hence my panic that we haven't looked to off load any so far. What we don't want is to get to late August and suddenly start losing all of our big earners because the Vs want them off the books and leave us with holes in the squad and slim pickings/no time to fill them.

That's why I am apprehensive so far. Whilst the incoming transfers seem quite good the out going is too slow for my liking. I'd rather them go now than later in the window because, as said, there is no such thing as 'not for sale' at Rovers anymore.

Most players who leave here, want to go themselves. So I think this can be decided earlier in the window with a proper manager like Mowbray. 

Just now, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

If I was Coyle, i'd be putting as many stories like these out as I could.

"I tried to sign this wonderkid, the failings at Blackburn weren't my fault etc.etc."

He'll have an eye on early season sackings.

As with anything from Coyle it's straight out of the Steve Kean handbook of complete bull. 5 years from now he'll still be talking about taking 6 points from Newcastle. The damage limitation by Jim White/Sky etc when it was rumoured the clock was ticking on clownpants was unbelievable so we know exactly who was pushing the buttons, the friends he'd never met nor heard of.

A liar to the last that twohat.

Just now, tomphil said:

As with anything from Coyle it's straight out of the Steve Kean handbook of complete bull. 5 years from now he'll still be talking about taking 6 points from Newcastle. The damage limitation by Jim White/Sky etc when it was rumoured the clock was ticking on clownpants was unbelievable so we know exactly who was pushing the buttons, the friends he'd never met nor heard of.

A liar to the last that twohat.

This is such an understated point. We had gone way off the radar of mainstream media until this point. Much like when Anderson got extreme criticism his connections with Sky enabled him to get a platform and cry crocodile tears, all the while pocketing millions of pounds. Suddenly another SEM client comes in and once again Sky journalists give us extended coverage all in defence of the 'victim' Coyle. Meanwhile he pockets a wage and ultimately profits on our failure.

Unbelievable when you think about it. Especially when both JA and OC have been single-handedly the most detrimental people to Rovers behind the Indians in the past 3 decades. Why defend them so vociferously? 

Former Burnley, Bolton and Wigan boss Coyle, 50, says he has "turned a few things down" since leaving Blackburn in February.

"I'd rather wait for now," he explained. "It's just important that I make the right choice when I move forward."

Translation: 'I'll keep name dropping and bigging up my pi$$ poor record in every avaliable media channel and my agent will ensure various red top guessers keep linking me to every role that's going... eventually some fool will give me a job."

Archived