BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Manchester Blue said:

Seriously some of the posters on here at present, you'd genuinely get a more balanced view on a Burnley fan site, it is unreal to read.  People genuinely appearing to be just willing us to fail so they can say I told you so.  Fully accept people being pessimistic, but this is way beyond that.  

I'd also prefer Venky's to fund us last season and keep us up, there's one slight flaw in that plan however, I'll leave you to work it out.

Not having a go at you specifically,  there is plenty of others, and similarly I can imagine the way too optimistic folk are tedious to some.  However there are appears genuine glee in some posts just waiting to knock down every signing it is bizarre, I read some to mates at work who support other clubs and they laugh at how bad and negative they are.

Healthy scepticism I get, but this is way beyond that, we need to assemble a decent league one squad to get out of this league, Dack would be a positive on that from anyone who has watched League one, simple as that, as are the others brought in so far.

Fully get the doubters but for me the moment Mowbray heard enough to convince him it was worth staying on convinced me we'd have a chance this season, no guarantee's but a real chance.  The only comparison to past years is we've heard similar from the Venky's.  However we've never had a proper manager, in my view given the backing and control that he appears to have.

By all means if we're bottom 4 in 6 months and Mowbray has been replaced 3 times you can gloat all day but surely you've got to let him prove you wrong?

I'm genuinely interested to understand the one flaw which prevented Venkys plan to fund us last season...

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Whats to say anyone wants Danny Graham on 26k per week? If we have to cover a portion of his wages should he leave and pay the wages of a new player, surely its better to keep graham who has an excellent scoring record over the last two seasons.

I believe Graham had a relegation wage drop in his contract. So is on a wage around 16k per week

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

Rotherham / Bristol. Both play in red.

No probs

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Former Burnley, Bolton and Wigan boss Coyle, 50, says he has "turned a few things down" since leaving Blackburn in February.

"I'd rather wait for now," he explained. "It's just important that I make the right choice when I move forward."

Translation: 'I'll keep name dropping and bigging up my pi$$ poor record in every avaliable media channel and my agent will ensure various red top guessers keep linking me to every role that's going... eventually some fool will give me a job."

Local pub teams, 5/6 aside teams most likely.

If this joke of a man gets another job in professional English football, the people who appoint him should be banished from the sport, forever.

9 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Whats to say anyone wants Danny Graham on 26k per week? If we have to cover a portion of his wages should he leave and pay the wages of a new player, surely its better to keep graham who has an excellent scoring record over the last two seasons.

Which further backs my point that we are paying over the top wages. Therefore no lessons have been learned and Venkys remain the same.

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm genuinely interested to understand the one flaw which prevented Venkys plan to fund us last season...

Probably just another FFP excuse despite us being told that the player sales starting with Cairney were designed to get us out of embargo because Venkys wanted to invest but couldn't.

Some still like to believe propaganda despite everything pointing in a different direction.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has already said he wants to play attacking passing football. Last season Mowbray played a much more defensively style of play last 7 games to get results last season. This season he has told the LT he wants play attacking passing football. Now look at his signings(or potential signings) so far, Whittingham and Smallwood signed. One a midfield playmaker and one is ball winning midfielder, Dack supposedly on his way who is goal scoring number 10 player. Gladwin who is a midfielder/number 10 player who performed at this level when at Swindon before his move to QPR. Plus look at Mowbray comments yesterday on the official website about him still wanting to sign players and he mention Centre midfielder, Winger, number 10 and strikers. with him mention these positions indicant to me that he will look to use 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 formation as plan A. Mowbray has also spoken about maybe having to play different way when its a wet and windy Tuesday night away from home, so sometimes he play 4-4-2 or 3-4-2-1 at times. But its good to see a Mowbray having plan A and B after watching Coyle last season playing different formations but look like no work on Training field had taking place regarding tactics and defensively work

Frankly Chaddy , Mowbray bored the ass of me last season in pursuit of those ''results'' you mention.  So glad it managed to keep us up.

Look not having a go at TM and he seems a logical bloke saying all the right things and for many, the fact he isn't Coyle is making him into some kind of wizard. But we all know how this plays out. We are in League One ,( for which TM cant be totally blameless) we are signing players you would have scoffed at in any other close season and we haven't even arrived at the usual  pre season , last minute sell off to balance the books in La la land.

Just in case you have forgotten, we are £130million in debt. , losing money hand over fist and with the lowest ST base we are likely to have seen in many a year.  The cuts just have to come somewhere and yet we celebrate the potential signing of a Gillingham midfielder like its Pogba and we are about to zoom back up the leagues again.

I hope we do , of course I do but its 26th June and six weeks till we kick off the season so pardon me for not joining the street party just yet. We will know where we stand come 31st August just after midnight-until then lets just keep a lid on it. when you are around the table discussing tactics with TM , just pass on the likely reality to him please.

Lambert promised money, cue sale of Rhodes. Coyle promised money , cue sale of Hanley & Duffy, Mowbray promised money, cue sale of.......

56 minutes ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

Surprising quotes from Coyle in the article linked below.  If they are to be believed he tried to sign Stuart Armstrong from Celtic for £1M but Brendan Rodgers wanted to keep the player.

£1M? On one player? Did Venkys sanction that? Doubtful.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/25/owen-coyle-shares-what-brendan-rodgers-said-to-him-after-bidding/page/1/ 

I can believe there was a million set aside they decided the million would be better invested in his own severance compensation payment when they let go. It was so obvious they never trusted the clown with too much money.

34 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As with anything from Coyle it's straight out of the Steve Kean handbook of complete bull. 5 years from now he'll still be talking about taking 6 points from Newcastle. The damage limitation by Jim White/Sky etc when it was rumoured the clock was ticking on clownpants was unbelievable so we know exactly who was pushing the buttons, the friends he'd never met nor heard of.

A liar to the last that twohat.

K**n is still probably talking about the Liverpool and Utd games in our relegation season.

47 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Well the flaw is unless someone has a time machine handy then it's all in the past and therefore pointless to say I'd rather Venky's fund us last season instead of this one.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we can get around 1.5 million combined for the both of them, we will be laughing. 

I suspect anyone who is asked for that figure for those two players would also be laughing.

Just now, davulsukur said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/june/magloire-signs-pro-deal/

Another Academy graduate signs a pro deal.

Played in pre-season a little bit for the first team last year. See how he gets on.

Anyone know if he's anygood? Parson?

From what i saw of him last season in the u23 he looks like he has a chance of making it just needs to keep developing

Archived