BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Alot of players had relegation clauses of wage dropping.

Bradley Dack coming in shortly.

Interesting comment from Kent on line... 

26/06/2017 08:55:57
Backing Gregory wrote:
Shame to see Bradley go but that's football. Mowbray must have done a great job in selling the club to him as why would anyone go to a club run by the Venky's?? And some of you moan about Mr Scally!!! Blackburn should be up there challenging and if they get the Dack from 2 seasons ago then they've signed 1 hell of a player. Good luck Bradley and I'm sure along with Cody McDonald when you return to Priestfield you will get a good reception.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Latest twitter rumour 

BREAKING NEWS: Blackburn Rovers have made a bid to sign 27 year old Barnet striker John Akinde. Fee believed to be around £600,000. #BRFC

Just now, Tom said:

Latest twitter rumour 

BREAKING NEWS: Blackburn Rovers have made a bid to sign 27 year old Barnet striker John Akinde. Fee believed to be around £600,000. #BRFC

Top scorer in League 2. Big unit. Could be a nice signing. I heard Forest are after him too though. 

Just now, Tom said:

Latest twitter rumour 

Could just be lazy journalism after this article from 'Football League World':

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/this-383k-rated-marksman-can-take-blackburn-rovers-to-the-championship-next-season/

• Backroom

Conor Mahoney apparently off to Bournemouth - well done him, surprised he's got straight to the premier league though 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Top scorer in League 2. Big unit. Could be a nice signing. I heard Forest are after him too though. 

Was very effective at Barnet but tbh from the snippets I've seen looks more like a big unit who is effective at that level rather than someone like Bogle who you genuinely think could play at a higher level.

Good move for him.

Under normal circumstances, I'd feel quite bitter about a Rovers fan & Academy player moving on like this, but given the state of the club you can't really blame anyone from wanting out. B'mouth are excellent at developing young, attacking talent, hope he does well for them. 

Having had a quick look at this John Akinde on youtube I can't say I'm overly impressed - which, given that you only see the highlights, is always a concern to me. Looks like he has a lot of power and can finish. Seems to benefit a lot from bad defending of over the top balls if I'm honest. Judging by his highlight videos from 15/16 to 16/17 he's put on a fair bit of muscle which has clearly made him harder to shrug off the ball. He has an eye for goal though, runs in behind defenders, has a lot of physicality and can take a penalty which is what you want from strikers. Can do a lot worse for half a million but also think you can do a lot better.

I think a big bruiser would compliment what we already have upfront. Sometimes we are going to need to get the job done in a more direct way. I expect our forwards to get a lot of chances next season and this guy did finish top scorer in hos division, so he must have a bit about him. 

Just now, Tom said:

Conor Mahoney apparently off to Bournemouth - well done him, surprised he's got straight to the premier league though 

That's great news for the lad.

Obviously, I wish he'd stayed but I can't knock it if he gets a move to a premier league club.

Just now, JayPeeBee40 said:

Well they gave josh king a proper chance, unlike Rovers.. <_<

Absolutely. One of my biggest criticisms of Bowyer was that he couldn't see the effectiveness of King as a CF.  We have stuck with bland, going through the motions old players for way too long at this club. Good luck to Mahoney, Dorset is a beautiful place and Howe is a super, young manager who gets a lot out of average players.

Just now, Pedro said:

Absolutely. One of my biggest criticisms of Bowyer was that he couldn't see the effectiveness of King as a CF.  We have stuck with bland, going through the motions old players for way too long at this club. Good luck to Mahoney, Dorset is a beautiful place and Howe is a super, young manager who gets a lot out of average players.

Wasn't just bowyer. Appleton too.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think a big bruiser would compliment what we already have upfront. Sometimes we are going to need to get the job done in a more direct way. I expect our forwards to get a lot of chances next season and this guy did finish top scorer in hos division, so he must have a bit about him. 

We need a battering ram with pace. A Jason Roberts style player - another who's hard work went largely unnoticed by a lot of the Ewood faithful because his finishing wasn't great.

Whilst we are at it..a David Thompson in midfield too. What a cracking little player he was and he would have been effective in any of the English leagues.

Mowbray wants to play passing football on the 'grass' so we are in for Akinde.....hmmmm

I'm not against the Akinde type and would prefer a direct game plan in L1.

Still it would add to our strike force and give options for kitchen sink time.

Indeed I worry that our current defence in not equipped to deal with this style from our oppos and they are going to face it.

Just now, JayPeeBee40 said:

Well, Bournemouth are a league one club playing in the premier league, but I get your point.. :)

Howe at little Bournemouth that PREMIER LEAGUE club will make Mahoney a player. Great move.

No great financial outlay by Bournemouth with their PREMIER LEAGUE income so a no brainer for them.

Just now, Pedro said:

We need a battering ram with pace. A Jason Roberts style player - another who's hard work went largely unnoticed by a lot of the Ewood faithful because his finishing wasn't great.

Whilst we are at it..a David Thompson in midfield too. What a cracking little player he was and he would have been effective in any of the English leagues.

This been saying it for ages about Roberts. 

Archived