SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

McConnell is the worst of the worst, never had a lead in his life, spread some stuff last year and claimed to have a source inside the club the backtracked massively when called out on it.

Don't give him a second of attention 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The Peterbrough Chairman and owner have confirmed that we had 2 bids turned down for him

The centre back is Jack Bladwin

I've just been reading the twitter account of their owner Darragh MacAnthony who confirmed we bid for Bostwick. Breath of fresh air that bloke in terms of open communication with fans (of all clubs) 

Just now, david brent said:

I've just been reading the twitter account of their owner Darragh MacAnthony who confirmed we bid for Bostwick. Breath of fresh air that bloke in terms of open communication with fans (of all clubs) 

Also now saying we bid for Ricky Miller - 250k

1 hour ago, watford-rover said:

Which is pretty much what i put in my other post, like the FA cup against stoke, Knew it was on telly and his deal was nearly up. Pulled his finger out and showed what he could do to get a decent move away and it worked. not blaming him I wouldnt like playing 4th fiddle behind chris brown but if he actually tried would he have been down the pecking order. 

Kind of agree but i really don't think he would have got on more had he busted a gut every day because Bowyer didn't fancy him and that's the top and bottom of it. He was busy accommodating and increasing in value his signings and of course Rhodes.

They were always going to get first nod.

Just now, StaffordRover said:

So have we allegedly bid for 2 or 3 Peterborough players and if so why them? 

I'm putting it down to Balaji has realised he can @#/? off an entire league by buying every single player in League 1 then making Rovers go bump. 

"Can't get relegated if we're the only team in the league, Madame"

IMG_2830.JPG

• Backroom
Just now, JayPeeBee40 said:

From starting off good, this is suddenly looking a bit desperate now.. :(

Reminds me of Blackpool hurriedly assembling a squad that time.

Desperate? There's 6 weeks to go

if we have identified targets and we are going for them early that's a positive for me 

3 hours ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

He got merciless stick for 'missing' one at middlesboro I remember, last minute of an fa cup tie. It was very unfair. The ball bobbled off his shin.

They  all bobbled of his shin ...?

2 hours ago, Butty said:

Was about 11 on this game, couldn't believe the atmosphere we created that day. Absolutely out-sung Chelski from start to finish and should have won the game. Other than the result one of  the best atmosphere's I've experience. Me and me brother started singing "we love you rovers we do" and a few blokes joined in and before you know it the whole crowd was singing it. I've remembered that ever since and I'll never forget it! Those sort of memories Venkys can't destroy. 

Best I've ever seen Rovers fans that day in a cup game away from Ewood including finals although those of us who went to Cardiff for Arsenal semi with the stupid early kick off time were pretty good as well considering we were getting thumped.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

So no flaw at all then. Lets all just 'move on'.

It's funny when you listen to people who just want to be positive, optimistic, move on, look to the future not the past: they are all putting their faith in the crackpot owners who took us to where we are and remain here - unapologetic, unrepentant.

Crikey you need to calm down and read the posts, I'm in no way a happy clappy everyone has to be optimistic person, I can fully understand a healthy scepticism but my point was that some of the negativity is beyond belief in my view.  The evidence so far is pointing towards optimism in the fact Mowbray looks like he'll have enough budget to get us in with a shout, I'll worry about how we do beyond that when it happens given how much crap we've had to put up with.

I'm in no way saying we should forget all the crap and say thanks to the Venkys but at the same time there isn't any point saying i'd rather we invested in this season or that season.  I'd rather we were still in the Prem but we're not and we need to accept that.  I'm looking forward to this season so much more than last because I can honestly see us bringing some half decent players in, having a chance of winning a few and have a decent manager, none of which was the case last season.  My faith is in Mowbray simple as that.

Does make you wonder if there is a perception that we're a big fish in a little pond, with bags of Venky cash to throw at teams (maybe in the hope it intimidates them) or that TM has been given the green light to adopt a scatter gun approach, with low offers for potential targets in the hope that some bite.

Just now, J*B said:

I'm putting it down to Balaji has realised he can @#/? off an entire league by buying every single player in League 1 then making Rovers go bump. 

"Can't get relegated if we're the only team in the league, Madame"

IMG_2830.JPG

Knowing our luck we will be classed as finishing bottom of a one team league and relegated!

Archived