SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Disenfranchised said:

Possibly, but that would mean at least 5 teams potentially ahead of us in terms of preparation and readiness for the season ahead which, if it translated directly into results like last season, would mean a play off berth at best.... Sobering thoughts.

Come on Venkys tawts, time to sheet or get off the pot!

I meant in the football league, not just League 1! 

"Look Tony you've got a new deal and two new players now please stop mithering Pascha he needs to concentrate on raising funds to pay all you silly boys" -- Mrs D's taken hold of it again !

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

In the football league? Doubt it. Lots of teams have released that many, particularly in League 1 and 2 

Maybe down in League 2 and the bottom end of League One where clubs like Stanley get by on a season by season basis, but not in the Championship.

As we're only on a 'temporary setback' and have aims of returning to the Premier League according to our owners/their lackey then we should be operating as a Championship club. That doesn't mean assembling a new squad of frees and loans every summer, which has been the case the last 2 years.

Just now, JHRover said:

Maybe down in League 2 and the bottom end of League One where clubs like Stanley get by on a season by season basis, but not in the Championship.

As we're only on a 'temporary setback' and have aims of returning to the Premier League according to our owners/their lackey then we should be operating as a Championship club. That doesn't mean assembling a new squad of frees and loans every summer, which has been the case the last 2 years.

Nonsense. We are a League 1 club next season. 

Great news on Dack above. 

Nonsense. We are a League 1 club next season. 

Great news on Dack above. 

You might be happy in having no ambition and continually dropping your standards but it shouldn't mean people like JH should.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

You might be happy in having no ambition and continually dropping your standards but it shouldn't mean people like JH should.

Wishing that we won't be a League 1 club next season and hoping we sign Ronaldo isn't going to make it happen chaps. 

Did I not ask you who you would be signing a couple of times? I notice you dodge it whenever anyone asks you the question. I suppose it is easier to have problems than solutions. 

Wishing that we won't be a League 1 club next season and hoping we sign Ronaldo isn't going to make it happen chaps. 

Did I not ask you who you would be signing a couple of times? I notice you dodge it whenever anyone asks you the question. I suppose it is easier to have problems than solutions. 

We'd need to be privvy to the real budget/transfer kitty to suggest players!

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We signed 2 so far, and its appears that we are set to Dack and Gladwin this week so that would be 4. Plus linked with RB and striker. so if we got them then that would be 6 players. only need a couple more in then barring any sales but

Hope we can but expect him to go Preston or someone like that

I would expect 6 or 7 signings in by the 1st game of the season

Thanks

McMahon brings experience and can play either full back position and Mowbray knows him from his Boro days I think.

Bostwick isn't being mixed up with Bostock as the Peterborough owner confirmed we made a bid but it was rejected.

Recruitment looks poor? give it a rest lad for god's sake. Much better than last year and at least there is a proper recruitment plan in place and players being signed to fit the tactics unlike last season.

Whittingham is experience, brings good passing and set pieces skills, scores goals. Smallwood is hard tackling midfielder.

we look like we are bringing in Dack and Gladwin, both players who has scored goals at this level and performed aswell

Exactly. Mowbray is running the recruitment side of the club and being left to do the work without any influence from anyone,

How do you know we are close to signing Gladwin this week? Hope not, not only does he sound like a poor player whose not done well at all recently, but it makes no sense to waste some of our small budget on a central midfielder, when we have Whittingham, Evans, Smallwood and Tomlinson for the central midfield positions. Whereas we have absolutely no pace and only 1 out and out striker, as well as 1 senior full back.

Why do you expect 6 or 7 signings before the season?

People are alllowed to question some of Mowbrays decisions, hes not the untouchable you seem to make up. To be fair Whittingham is a good signing, and Smallwood im content with as back up for Evans, but if people question it you cant tell them to "give it a rest lad."

How do you know that Mowbray is running the recruitment side, and theres no influence? You don't, for all we know Whittingham and Smallwood may have not been recommended by him.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Quite happy to post a list oztumer and Davk being two names I posted last summer. Let me get home first !

Just now, roversfan99 said:

How do you know we are close to signing Gladwin this week? Hope not, not only does he sound like a poor player whose not done well at all recently, but it makes no sense to waste some of our small budget on a central midfielder, when we have Whittingham, Evans, Smallwood and Tomlinson for the central midfield positions. Whereas we have absolutely no pace and only 1 out and out striker, as well as 1 senior full back.

Why do you expect 6 or 7 signings before the season?

People are alllowed to question some of Mowbrays decisions, hes not the untouchable you seem to make up. To be fair Whittingham is a good signing, and Smallwood im content with as back up for Evans, but if people question it you cant tell them to "give it a rest lad."

How do you know that Mowbray is running the recruitment side, and theres no influence? You don't, for all we know Whittingham and Smallwood may have not been recommended by him.

I think a lot of us are just trying to put 2+2 together, doesn't always make 4. My own assumption is Mowbray went to India and was made promises 'easily broken under this lot'. Either way he signed a new contract and it appears some wheels are in motion. A few of the players Mowbray knows which leads me to believe it's him making the decisions. Only draw back that everything has to be signed off by those loons and as we know this can be a long wait. 

• Backroom

Good signing, would have been a great signing but he cut his hair, now I can't as easily compare him to Ciccio although there was that one time Ciccio cut his hair 

Just now, Blue Cabbage said:

Someone on Twitter has asked Rich Sharpe if he knows anything about Mahoney staying as he's said so on his instagram.

Can anyone who's on it confirm?

BS. He hasn't posted on instagram or twitter since after the Nottingham forest game last season. 

Archived