SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Promotion is the aim this season and that's what we should be planning for a promotion winning squad. Whiitingham and Smallwood can play Championship football. If we signed McMahon on 12 month contarct with a view to another 12 months if we are promote that would be sensible for that player age. But someone like Dack I would be looking at 3 or 4 year contract at least.

Mowbray has already said that Venus is helping him with recruitment process. Also we have scouting department aswell to help,

Training will be fitness base in the 1st week so Mowbray wouldn't need to be there all the time as Lowe and Fitness staff can do all that.

Wonder if Robert Coar is helping running the club at the minute in a CEO type of role?

Venkys don't think they need a Chairman or MD mostly during their tenure(I think we need a MD to work with Mowbray) as they deemed it not needed. From my point of view it looks like Mowbray runs the Football side of the club with Cheston/Coar running the admin side the club.

w

And here in lies the problem. Yes they do. Like every other football club, you need a managing director/CEO. To say/think otherwise is a joke and leads to people either not having enough power, or too much power. It's a mess of a system. 

Who is TM accountable to? Terrible sysyem, even if he is a decent bloke/manager - so, so unprofessional. Let's say he screws up/takes us for a ride. Who is there to stop him? Likewise why should Cheston who is clueless on football be dictating the finances. Someone with some football nous should be overseeing that. Good accounting is all well and good but it needs some knowledge of the industry to be implemented effectively. (Like you need to reinvest some transfer fees to continue to produce good players; that's passed them all by for a fair while now...)

Anyone happy with that set up, then you're happy with us being unprofessional and having a structure set up to fail. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

BS. He hasn't posted on instagram or twitter since after the Nottingham forest game last season. 

Apparently it was an Instagram live thing that he has deleted, not sure what he said on it though.

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know we are close to signing Gladwin this week? Hope not, not only does he sound like a poor player whose not done well at all recently, but it makes no sense to waste some of our small budget on a central midfielder, when we have Whittingham, Evans, Smallwood and Tomlinson for the central midfield positions. Whereas we have absolutely no pace and only 1 out and out striker, as well as 1 senior full back.

Why do you expect 6 or 7 signings before the season?

People are alllowed to question some of Mowbrays decisions, hes not the untouchable you seem to make up. To be fair Whittingham is a good signing, and Smallwood im content with as back up for Evans, but if people question it you cant tell them to "give it a rest lad."

How do you know that Mowbray is running the recruitment side, and theres no influence? You don't, for all we know Whittingham and Smallwood may have not been recommended by him.

You dare question Chaddy? I've discovered that debating isn't his strong point - assertions and ignoring evidence counter to his ideas are his general MO. 

I agree there are a lot more places that need work on, but then we don't know whether Tomlinson will be any good, Evans is often crocked, Whittingham is getting on a bit - so maybe another cm does make sense. But then there' s the strikers, wingers, and right back positions to consider, and that's before anyone else leaves. Going to be a busy summer I think. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

Why did they put the transfer fee on the article?

just to appease us plebs? 

I thought exactly the same. I expected an undisclosed fee to be mentioned but the £750k jumps out as if to say we are spending money like a big FU to the doubters.

As Bob said you just can't second guess lunatics.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, RV Blue said:

Apparently it was an Instagram live thing that he has deleted, not sure what he said on it though.

He did an Instagram live video in a Rovers training kit (the cheek of it! I bet Venky's deduct it from his final pay packet) on the treadmill. It was as dull as it sounds.

Just now, K-Hod said:

He did an Instagram live video in Rovers training kit on the treadmill. It was as dull as it sounds.

Apparently he was getting abuse from deluded Rovers fans, and he said "don't believe everything you read" 

All the abuse he's getting is unwarranted. We are a shambles. Careers comes first. 

If any of us had jobs and realise the company is gunna go under or is becoming a mess. We'd all want to leave 

Just now, roverstdt said:

I think Venkys back managers they trust and who make an effort with them i.e going to india. WHen that happens they back them i.e Bowyer

I can't agree with that. Why appoint a manager you don't trust in the first place? And Bowyer wasn't backed in his last couple of windows with us as he relied on frees and second rate loans.

19 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

£750k?!? The club spent £250k over the previous 4 transfer windows. There's just no point trying to second guess lunatics is there.

Really is crazy! It's good too see us buy a player for a fee regardless and I'm very happy with that signing. Big fish in a small pond aren't we lads. ;):lol: 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently he was getting abuse from deluded Rovers fans, and he said "don't believe everything you read" 

All the abuse he's getting is unwarranted. We are a shambles. Careers comes first. 

If any of us had jobs and realise the company is gunna go under or is becoming a mess. We'd all want to leave 

I disagree with this. Mowbray was spot on when he said Mahoney should become a cult hero for his home town team, get 50 games under his belt etc. Never in a million years will he feature regularly in the premier league (at this moment in time). At this stage in his career he needs regular football.

Elliot Bennett has just tweeted that the signing of Dack is a real statement of intent and that's the attitude I want to hear from Rovers players. 

Unless, and wishful thinking on my part, Bournemouth plan to loan him back to us? Like Utd did when they bought Saha from Palace. May explain the recent cryptic instagram post?

Just now, david brent said:

Unless, and wishful thinking on my part, Bournemouth plan to loan him back to us? Like Utd did when they bought Saha from Palace. May explain the recent cryptic instagram post?

Those are my thoughts too. I can see that happening and would be an ideal scenario for us.

Just now, Pedro said:

Those are my thoughts too. I can see that happening and would be an ideal scenario for us.

I don't think it's in our best interest to give Mahoney away for peanuts and then pay his wages to try and turn him into a more finished article before he goes off back to Bournemouth again.

We would be better served in promoting another youth team winger into the first team. 

I disagree with this. Mowbray was spot on when he said Mahoney should become a cult hero for his home town team, get 50 games under his belt etc. Never in a million years will he feature regularly in the premier league (at this moment in time). At this stage in his career he needs regular football.

Elliot Bennett has just tweeted that the signing of Dack is a real statement of intent and that's the attitude I want to hear from Rovers players. 

Agree RE loan. But I think you're being extremely naïve sorry. 

If you were offered an awful wage when applying for a job, knowing there's a way better offer out there, what would you do? 

32 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Why did they put the transfer fee on the article?

just to appease us plebs? 

Well it worked didn't it, the plebs are appeased :P

In fairness, if thing arent totally transparent from  the club these days, some fans let their imagination run away with them to very dark places

You could be spot on with the loan thing.

Archived