BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Agree RE loan. But I think you're being extremely naïve sorry. 

If you were offered an awful wage when applying for a job, knowing there's a way better offer out there, what would you do? 

I take your point re the wage and only the lad himself and those itk know what he was offered.

If it was a pitiful contract offer, you would like to think a last ditch improved offer would have been made given that the finance now seems to be available?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

10+ goals and Dack will prove a cracking (one off) signing. Just another 70 goals to find:)

Big Bazza must have sold one of his gold chains to fund that. £750k in League 1 is crazy money. Moneybags Rovers are back!

I would joke that it's like 94/95 all over again, except even making that joke would be insulting to Jack Walker. 

It's great that Mowbray is being allowed to build a solid team anyway. 

Dack will score alot of goals in a better side with Bennett and Whittingham in the team. Can see Bennett, Dack and Whittingham all score 10+ goals this season. Now keep the rest and get two strikers to the club and we will walk this league. Think Raya and Nyambe will have a Big season and Also think two youngsters will improve and Leninhan will be rock steady hopefull with Mulgrew at the back! Will be nice to see the yo yo test tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well it worked didn't it, the plebs are appeased :P

In fairness, if thing arent totally transparent from  the club these days, some fans let their imagination run away with them to very dark places

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great signing. 

Its just there was a time when "Undisclosed fee" was more than enough to disclose a transfer.

I guess this is the level of trust we have between the fans and club/owners.

Sad times.

On 20/06/2017 at 21:06, Eternal Optimist said:

I am pretty confident (hence the name) that we will spend money in the next few weeks which will obviously make a lovely change......then maybe the doom mongers in here will pipe down for a short period of time

Just going to repost this I posted last week after the grief I received from people saying we won't spend a penny

IMG_1957.PNG

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great signing. 

Its just there was a time when "Undisclosed fee" was more than enough to disclose a transfer.

I guess this is the level of trust we have between the fans and club/owners.

Sad times.

Is it a poor level of trust, or just a rare piece of transparency?

I remember knowing virtually all the transfer fees we paid for players from the LET in the Souey-Hughie days. I wouldn't say there was any lack of trust between the fans and Williams.

1 hour ago, bob fleming said:

£750k?!? The club spent £250k over the previous 4 transfer windows. There's just no point trying to second guess lunatics is there.

50k now and the rest on the never never depending on how many teeth he has etc

Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

Just going to repost this I posted last week after the grief I received from people saying we won't spend a penny

I have seen this now a few times, having a go at the "doom mongerers" when we spend money.

One they have spent over £150 million and we are a mid table premier league club then you have a point. Up until then you are jumping up and down at £750k being spent!!!

And that's before we get into the quality of the player bought.

Just now, Speedie Dived said:

I have seen this now a few times, having a go at the "doom mongerers" when we spend money.

One they have spent over £150 million and we are a mid table premier league club then you have a point. Up until then you are jumping up and down at £750k being spent!!!

And that's before we get into the quality of the player bought.

It's not about that. It's just the constant negativity. Not one person can change the past. Cannot continue to go on about the past. It's like being bitter about an ex. Just move on.

54 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I can't agree with that. Why appoint a manager you don't trust in the first place? And Bowyer wasn't backed in his last couple of windows with us as he relied on frees and second rate loans.

Kean was the one who got more out of them than anyone, yet that didn't stop them appointing Shebby to wreck the party and ultimately push Kean out the door. 

As you say Bowyer was well in there for a couple of years and paid them back with interest - he was their perfect manager - yet they ruthlessly fired him mid-season after depriving him of funds and brought in a manager they couldn't handle in Lambert who was always going to demand money and would never have flown to India.

Its so random and mental that I'm going to try stopping thinking about it. 

If this £750,000 is correct then that is the most money they have spent since at least January 2014, possibly since summer 2013. 

More money spent than Lambert and Coyle got in their entire Championship tenures, more money than Bowyer got from 2014 onwards all the while they've had 50 times that back out in sales.

I'm not complaining if they've decided to spend again, but its just lunacy.

The only conclusion i can draw is that they are completely insane. No more to it than they are complete sociopaths who occupy a parallel universe. Not badly advised or clueless, they're just on a completely different wavelength in their mansion to the rest of the world.

Just now, Mike E said:

Is it a poor level of trust, or just a rare piece of transparency?

I remember knowing virtually all the transfer fees we paid for players from the LET in the Souey-Hughie days. I wouldn't say there was any lack of trust between the fans and Williams.

It could be transparency and if so, keep it coming.

Based on the last 7 years it feels more like a "here's proof we are spending money" but time will tell based on future transfers.

Saying that, I am happy we have finally spent some money on a transfer and a sensible buy to boot.

It's not about that. It's just the constant negativity. Not one person can change the past. Cannot continue to go on about the past. It's like being bitter about an ex. Just move on.

Move on? I don't know if you have noticed but they are not an ex.

It's not negativity, it's called realism. Three signings (one good, two unknown) and you are forgiving everything they have done to this club in the last 6 years.

Just now, JHRover said:

Kean was the one who got more out of them than anyone, yet that didn't stop them appointing Shebby to wreck the party and ultimately push Kean out the door. 

As you say Bowyer was well in there for a couple of years and paid them back with interest - he was their perfect manager - yet they ruthlessly fired him mid-season after depriving him of funds and brought in a manager they couldn't handle in Lambert who was always going to demand money and would never have flown to India.

Its so random and mental that I'm going to try stopping thinking about it. 

If this £750,000 is correct then that is the most money they have spent since at least January 2014, possibly since summer 2013. 

More money spent than Lambert and Coyle got in their entire Championship tenures, more money than Bowyer got from 2014 onwards all the while they've had 50 times that back out in sales.

I'm not complaining if they've decided to spend again, but its just lunacy.

The only conclusion i can draw is that they are completely insane. No more to it than they are complete sociopaths who occupy a parallel universe. Not badly advised or clueless, they're just on a completely different wavelength in their mansion to the rest of the world.

Like the weather, I no longer trust it, I don't predict what it will do and I basically look out of the window to see what it's doing.  

'Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it'

Just now, JHRover said:

I've thought this. It's almost capricious. I'm guessing ToMo going over there has endeared him to the family and he's been rewarded with some big bundles of cash that the taxman missed,

Move on? I don't know if you have noticed but they are not an ex.

It's not negativity, it's called realism. Three signings (one good, two unknown) and you are forgiving everything they have done to this club in the last 6 years.

It's not forgiving hahaha, why would I forgive them? Theyve got us relegated twice in 7 years. 

Just can't keep living in the past. 

Take this current transfer market with positivity. 

Rather than a constant moan

Just now, JHRover said:

'Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it'

That would only make sense if we had some control over our destiny. We don't. The fact they are spending money on an apparently good young player is a tiny little ray of light. Like an English summer it will only be fleeting, so let's bask in it while we can.;)

It's not forgiving hahaha, why would I forgive them? Theyve got us relegated twice in 7 years. 

Just can't keep living in the past. 

Take this current transfer market with positivity. 

Rather than a constant moan

It's not a moan. It's response to some posters mocking the majority who are wary of everything these clowns do.

They have spent £750k and are we supposed to be doing cartwheels?

You are literally celebrating the fact we have spent money and have no idea about the quality of player.

I tend to believe that there is the tiniest bit of contrition in them spending £750k after running the club into the ground and being entirely responsible for us kicking off as a League One team on August 5th. In their aloof, arrogant and patronising world they are giving us something back.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

That would only make sense if we had some control over our destiny. We don't. The fact they are spending money on an apparently good young player is a tiny little ray of light. Like an English summer it will only be fleeting, so let's bask in it while we can.;)

They will balls this up, no question. And will come up with an imaginative way to do it as well. Be one of the options below:-

1. Sack Mowbray for losing a random game

2. Sell Mulgrew in August

3. Breathe

4. Sell training ground

Just now, arbitro said:

I tend to believe that there is the tiniest bit of contrition in them spending £750k after running the club into the ground and being entirely responsible for us kicking off as a League One team on August 5th. In their aloof, arrogant and patronising world they are giving us something back.

Ha ha, that made me laugh. 

Mrs D "We've sort of messed up at Blackburn haven't we? We probably owe them something to be fair. Any ideas?"

Barry "I know, they will love Bradley Dack"

It's not a moan. It's response to some posters mocking the majority who are wary of everything these clowns do.

They have spent £750k and are we supposed to be doing cartwheels?

You are literally celebrating the fact we have spent money and have no idea about the quality of player.

Seeing what we have spent over the past few seasons then yeah we probably should be doing cartwheels right now.

no one is saying we want venkys here, no one is saying all should be forgotten in the slightest but people constantly banging on about how we should have spent last season etc etc is seriously dull! Yes we should but we can't change it now! Just look forward to what's going to be on the pitch and a successful 2017/2018 season! 

Archived