BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, bluebruce said:

Are you serious? I'd be feeling pretty flush with that. Far more than I earn, and I manage to save quite a bit a year. Isn't that about what a GP earns? More in many cases.

Not a fortune in football though, we should have offered more once rejected it that's the figure. It's still a heck of a lot for a kid who hasn't fully established himself to a kick a ball around in League One, but his transfer value alone makes it worth paying more to tie him down.

Don't forget that players have a 15 year career, 50% of them bankrupt within 5 years of them retiring.

We offered him peanuts, an insult really and another example of our owners not understanding football.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, islander200 said:

If you live abroad then you can watch all the games live

True but does anyone know if i pay for that fee if I come to the UK for a weekend an I able to watch it in the UK? (As I am based in the UK just I spend a lot of time abroad).

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Blackburn, with the ice arena, League One status, filthy streets, entrapping bus lane cameras, toothless smack addicts and drab, dour weather. The college with foul mouthed slappers, who shreik and cackle their way to Maccy D's. On an evening, have a romantic walk along the dank canal, spotting the occasional rat or floating corpse.

Or Bournemouth...Premier League football, the beautiful Dorset coast and climate, Poole harbour 5 mins away, Sandbanks beach, great restaurants, stunning houses, a university with plenty of beautiful young women.

If I was his dad, I know which one I'd guide him towards.

The lads from mill hill ain't he? Ows ee gonna fit in with all that fancy dancy rubbish in born mouth? ;)

• Backroom
44 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I'd be doing the same as him make the most Money as I possibly can, end of the day football is just business. His Mrs is still studying I believe which makes his wage shared in a household , rovers were an insult to offer 1.8k a week before 45%tax 12%nat ins Even the wage earners on here with or without families wouldn't be flush with that. Here he can go to the PL, go to a proper club what's ran the right way under a decent manager in Howe and learn whilst picking up good money and a sign on fee.

well done to the lad, anyone who'd rather stay at Rovers is not thinking clearly

Take home pay of £62k is absolutely flush and rolling in it!

I'm on £180/week and I get by ok.

35 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Are you serious? I'd be feeling pretty flush with that. Far more than I earn, and I manage to save quite a bit a year. Isn't that about what a GP earns? More in many cases.

Not a fortune in football though, we should have offered more once rejected it that's the figure. It's still a heck of a lot for a kid who hasn't fully established himself to a kick a ball around in League One, but his transfer value alone makes it worth paying more to tie him down.

Hey Bruce. Still here after our demotion to this lowly level? Others have completely disappeared off the scene. Only me and you left of the old roversmad posters.. :(

51 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I'd be doing the same as him make the most Money as I possibly can, end of the day football is just business. His Mrs is still studying I believe which makes his wage shared in a household , rovers were an insult to offer 1.8k a week before 45%tax 12%nat ins Even the wage earners on here with or without families wouldn't be flush with that. Here he can go to the PL, go to a proper club what's ran the right way under a decent manager in Howe and learn whilst picking up good money and a sign on fee.

well done to the lad, anyone who'd rather stay at Rovers is not thinking clearly

I really doubt he and his girlfriend live together... what are they? 20?

Just now, Mike E said:

Take home pay of £62k is absolutely flush and rolling in it!

I'm on £180/week and I get by ok.

@#/? we earn me and mrs similar to that through our jobs and are defiantly not flush, decent place to live in Manchester or Hale etc is 1400 quid a month. One salary is purely just living costs and the rest savings, holidays etc. I can assure you it's not enough to be living it up in an affluent area. 63k is an average electricitans money on Crossrail by the way, imagine having a family and household to run. Average uk salary is 34k so you can see not exactly above a household average of say double that and he's a talented footballer! Not your average joe like ourselves.

30 minutes ago, Speedie Dived said:

Don't forget that players have a 15 year career, 50% of them bankrupt within 5 years of them retiring.

We offered him peanuts, an insult really and another example of our owners not understanding football.

50% of them are bankrupt within 5 years of retiring because they are @#/? with money. Not because they're not paid enough. For a lot of them it doesn't matter what you pay them, they will misspend it.

I wish someone would offer me those peanuts.

50% of them are banrupt within 5 years of retiring because they are @#/? with money. Not because they're not paid enough. For a lot of them it doesn't matter what you pay them, they will misspend it.

I wish someone would offer me those peanuts.

True and allot invested in EBT type schemes and film companies. Funnily enough lots set up by Robert Segal and JEROME Anderson. Mamjam ltd and banaram Ltd spring to mind and lost out that way.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

True and allot invested in EBT type schemes and film companies. Funnily enough lots set up by Robert Segal and JEROME Anderson. Mamjam ltd and banaram Ltd spring to mind and lost out that way.

I read that as manjam for a moment. Thought it was a division of Dack Enterprises.

I bet Jerome is utterly minted from football without having contributed anything beneficial to it. Dirty fingers in so many pies.

I read that as manjam for a moment. Thought it was a division of Dack Enterprises.

I bet Jerome is utterly minted from football without having contributed anything beneficial to it. Dirty fingers in so many pies.

Google "Jerome Anderson Dimitri Kharine" 

Anyone walking into a hotel with 250k is obviously minted!

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Google "Jerome Anderson Dimitri Kharine" 

Anyone walking into a hotel with 250k is obviously minted!

Well that took me to an article which, among other gems, quoted David Dein as saying of Anderson, "There are people in this industry who are not as honourable as you" (I suppose technically that's true as long as there are at least two...FIFA committees probably make it so) and Anderson responding "It's always visible who we are acting for. There's never a conflict of interests."

Thanks for inducing me to vomit. (Sorry for the off topic direction, just had to share my revulsion).

Just now, mustard said:

£750k spent on Bradley Dack.  More than Lambert got after shifting Rhodes for £12m.  I'm so confused right now.

Did Mowbray give Venky's a good rollicking when he was in India or something?  

It is a conundrum all right. How much more money would we have had by remaining in the Championship? Why spend now and not last year or the year before etc?

What were the perceived benefits of relegation? What did this event make possible? hmmm

Hard not to be excited by what seem to be sensible/good signings based on a proper plan...but , again, why only now??

5 minutes ago, mustard said:

£750k spent on Bradley Dack.  More than Lambert got after shifting Rhodes for £12m.  I'm so confused right now.

Did Mowbray give Venky's a good rollicking when he was in India or something?  

Didn't Lambert jump ship before the window opened? 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Anyone seen Gladwin play? Haven't read many rave reviews about the bloke. Happy to trust TM on this but seems an odd one.

Swindon fans definitely liked him in his first spell, QPR fans don't like him but he did only start 6ish games for them.

Archived