SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

Something for the mixer - Emnes?

1.) Free agent - fact.

2.) Loved by the fans - fact

3.) Did he love the fans and the club enough to take a salary cut?  - Discuss.

If there was a deal to be done that suited the club and not Emnes' wallet, I'd have him back. 

He's got talent, no doubts there. He should be a cut above in regards to technical ability in this league.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MikeRovers said:

God knows why it's taken 3rd tier football for them to start spending. The mind boggles

Because we've now fallen far enough that they can afford to finance a competitive team.

Championship or Premier League, forget it.

17 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So Gladwin is another attacking cm - so I would imagine he is here as backup to Dack or whenever he gets a wrist injury?

Would have thought he's both a backup to Dack and Whittingham.

Will Tomlinson be going out on loan seeing as we have Evans and Smallwood in his type of roll? Although I would rather get rid of Evans and keep Tomlinson.

1 hour ago, mustard said:

£750k spent on Bradley Dack.  More than Lambert got after shifting Rhodes for £12m.  I'm so confused right now.

Did Mowbray give Venky's a good rollicking when he was in India or something?  

Mowbray's arrival in India probably reminded them that they had a football club in the UK and that it might be a good idea to do something about it.

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know we are close to signing Gladwin this week?

well we did sign him didn't we? maybe I know more than you think

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Callum Camps who we were " linked " with in the past won't be going anywhere soon. He's just signed a new three year contract at Rochdale.

Probably too costly and we signed Dack and Gladwin for what he would have cost to buy

1 hour ago, Butty said:

So Gladwin signs for an "undisclosed fee" where as the Dack fee was put out there for everyone too see. Don't understand that. Still though, another signing! It's good too see us trying to get our business done as early as we can. Smallwood Whittingham and Dack all seem very solid league one players whereas Gladwin has something to prove, hope he does prove what he can do. Good luck too the lad.

Maybe QPR don't want the fee in the public

57 minutes ago, Leyland-Rover said:

My sources tell me that Lewis Mansell was training last Thursday with a few first team lads.

No I don't know whether I'm reading into things too much, and maybe this is totally normal, but I won't if it's a hint that he could feature for the first time this season, maybe as back-up, or maybe a bencher....but still, food for thought. 

First team training only started back today so unless a couple of first team players were training early and Mansell joined that I don't know

43 minutes ago, Leyland-Rover said:

Something for the mixer - Emnes?

1.) Free agent - fact.

2.) Loved by the fans - fact

3.) Did he love the fans and the club enough to take a salary cut?  - Discuss.

no thanks Emnes

29 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So Gladwin is another attacking cm - so I would imagine he is here as backup to Dack or whenever he gets a wrist injury?

Gladwin could play as part of centre midfield 2 or in an attacking role either wide or number 10. I remember scoring lots of goals for Swindon couple of years ago

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Probably too costly and we signed Dack and Gladwin for what he would have cost to buy

First team training only started back today so unless a couple of first team players were training early and Mansell joined that I don't know

no thanks Emnes

Gladwin could play as part of centre midfield 2 or in an attacking role either wide or number 10. I remember scoring lots of goals for Swindon couple of years ago

:lol: Just a wild guess probably, one of absolutely loads that you make, like Mercer even a stopped clock is right twice a day. You spend every hour tweeting various journalists/randomers who like you claim to know things they dont asking for constant updates, as was shown on the previous page.

He was heavily linked to us, if you had prior information youd at least say where it was from. 

Anyway, underwhelmed with the Gladwin signing, QPR fans seem to want shut and it seems wasteful to spend money on someone who I can't see a place for in the team. Need some pace in the team now and some strikers.

It was all over social media that we was after him. You hardly broke the story for @#/? sake.

I feel like Gladwin can do a job in this league. Although we may struggle to get rid of him should he not do well.

I still feel we need a centre back and a striker to make this transfer window successful.

• Backroom

I have a feeling we'll be going some variation of 4-5-1 this season, be it 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1.

In which case, I reckon the squad as it is looks a good bet for promotion. One up front seems to be what we're currently going wit has unless we make a play for this Akinde bloke.

To be fair that could be it. They paid 1.5 million for him if I recall - revealing a fee if it was something like 100k or even 300k could be a bit embarrassing for them. Likewise Rovers might not want to fess up to a (relatively) large fee for probably our riskiest signing yet this summer. Likely works for both parties.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

It was all over social media that we was after him. You hardly broke the story for @#/? sake.

I feel like Gladwin can do a job in this league - a player we may struggle to get rid should he not do well here though.

I still feel we need a centre back and a striker to make this transfer window successful.

Lenihan, Mulgrew, Ward, Tomlinson. I would not make centre half a priority 

Why do people keep bigging up Elliot Ward? He has hardly been an inspiring player for us. His first half performance in the 1st home game against Norwich last season was ranked amongst the worst performances I have ever witnessed. Flat footed, slow and not good enough at picking up his man or reading the game. Granted this a lower level but I'm hardly counting him as a player to build a squad with. He's hardly got youth on his side either.

Tomlinson is an unknown entity - had you said Wharton I may have agreed.

Mulgrew may be off.

We do need a centre half.

And this statement just proves that you are a winding up turd.  You are a lot cleverer than you like to make out. I just dont know who the feck you think you are....imagine being you and getting off on winding people up.

Ward was decent in the season with Lambert, you cant judge him on 20 minutes in a terrible team performance before he was injured, he was good when he came back in at the end of the season, he is experienced, he is comfortable on the ball, and he is better than the level of player we can attract.

Only reason we would need a centre back is if we don't have one of Mulgrew, Lenihan, Ward and Wharton, which to be fair is likely. All 4 I would be more than happy with.

We need a right back as first choice, a left back to compete with Williams who is poor, we really need a pacy winger, and 2 strikers.

Hopefully Gladwin and Smallwood can compete with Whittingham and Evans, and Stokes can compete with Dack as a number 10. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

:lol: Just a wild guess probably, one of absolutely loads that you make, like Mercer even a stopped clock is right twice a day. You spend every hour tweeting various journalists/randomers who like you claim to know things they dont asking for constant updates, as was shown on the previous page.

He was heavily linked to us, if you had prior information youd at least say where it was from. 

Anyway, underwhelmed with the Gladwin signing, QPR fans seem to want shut and it seems wasteful to spend money on someone who I can't see a place for in the team. Need some pace in the team now and some strikers.

Was told last week by a Rovers fan on twitter called Sam Lord. Look at my twitter or his page and you will see

We need a squad not just 11 players..its going to long hard tough season but hopefully we will get promotion this season

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

jesus wept, their pretty dismissive of us, you would think they had been promotion chaser the way they talk

I read the comments, and I'd say they only seemed 'dismissive' of league one. Which is a lower level after all.

Archived