SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

Not sure how I feel about that! We already have 31 year old Graham, would we not be better investing in something different rather than 35 year old Lambert, someone younger and quicker, a different kind of striker than we already have 

Have u ever seen akinfewa? Dont need to be that mobile at this level to score goals.

Just now, JayPeeBee40 said:

Have u ever seen akinfewa? Dont need to be that mobile at this level to score goals.

True true but we already have Graham who is a very similar player to lambert! Would it not be more beneficial to have a target man and a pacey striker? 

• Backroom

Talking about houses (a few pages back now)

my wife watches something called the housewives of Cheshire, Ashley Ward and his Mrs are on it.

I knew he put his money into houses but his house is ridiculous, literally one of the nicest houses you could see.

For a limited footballer he's absolutely minted and fair play to him for being smart 

Just now, Tom said:

Talking about houses (a few pages back now)

my wife watches something called the housewives of Cheshire, Ashley Ward and his Mrs are on it.

I knew he put his money into houses but his house is ridiculous, literally one of the nicest houses you could see.

For a limited footballer he's absolutely minted and fair play to him for being smart 

Of course it's your wife. Definitely not you.:)

I'd like to see a bit of pace in our squad. I've been saying this for as long as I can remember now. I'm in agreement with the lad above me dunno if we have room for Lambert and Graham unless Danny is off. Realistically what wages would Lambert be after as well?

Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

Maybe Graham is off and Lambert his replacement? With the players we have signed so far I doubt he's looking at playing two strikers 

Not at the same time doubtful but it's a long hard season & when you're post 30 you tend to pick more knocks up & takes longer to regain fitness. Not sure how much playing time RL has had recently if any.

36 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

That has to be midfield sorted now Dack, Wittingham, Smallwood, Gladwin, Evans and Tomlinson should be enough.

Tomlinson has only played about 20 minutes of first team football so he can't really be classed as an option, still though I agree the midfield seems too be boxed off now. Bennett and Conway look like being first choice wingers as it stands. I love Conway but I think he'd be better as a back-up option this season. Need some pace on the wings, with Conway more than able too step in when needed. 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Really dislikes us that guy. My guess is he's building us up so that he can bring us tumbling down like a ton of bricks if we don't get off to a flyer.

Ya, I don't care for him to be honest. He posted that he hopes we get the Dack from two seasons ago, not last season. Then a fan asked him how good is Dack at his best, Cryer responded low to mid table championship. I got a feeling of snideness off tweets, as I often do when he tweets about rovers. 

Just now, Tom said:

Howay man I'm too busy watching love island 

anyway 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4152352/amp/Inside-lavish-world-Dawn-Ward.html

the boy did good 

I've been around this board for many a year. Does anyone remember Cheshire Blue??  He was a well to do lad and liked to brag a bit on here and tease a bit.

Nice guy, does he still knock about???

Just now, Tom said:

anyway 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4152352/amp/Inside-lavish-world-Dawn-Ward.html

the boy did good 

Look at the house and the children's bedrooms, and then Dawn Ward says:

"I would die for my kids but we don't want them to be spoilt. Ashley and I want them to be in touch with reality.'

That isn't reality.

Some people would call it obscene. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I don't care for him to be honest. He posted that he hopes we get the Dack from two seasons ago, not last season. Then a fan asked him how good is Dack at his best, Cryer responded low to mid table championship. I got a feeling of snideness off tweets, as I often do when he tweets about rovers. 

Don't get what his problem is.

He got a job at the BBC on the back of being in the right place/right time when the Kean storm was at its height.

Just now, des said:

well todate the signing have been quite good long may it carry on 

Does anybody really know exactly what we have signed? I mean truly? Nobody can have much of a clue about the ones we have signed -it certainly wont be by watching them in action on a regular basis. There seems a lot of optimism around the incoming transfers but I am not sure what its based on.  £750k for Dack (a league one player pure and simple) looks an awful lot of money to me. Surely, we are about to see some of our best players in the departure lounge -none of this adds up.

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

anyway 

the boy did good 

Christ. They might have tidied up a bit before those photos were taken though.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I've been around this board for many a year. Does anyone remember Cheshire Blue??  

Isn't he Prime Minister now?

Just now, Butty said:

Tomlinson has only played about 20 minutes of first team football so he can't really be classed as an option, still though I agree the midfield seems too be boxed off now. Bennett and Conway look like being first choice wingers as it stands. I love Conway but I think he'd be better as a back-up option this season. Need some pace on the wings, with Conway more than able too step in when needed. 

Whilst I agree he's not played too much I think he's easily good enough to be sixth choice center mid in the past we would have loaned him out to a league 1 or 2 side to get experience now its where we are.

We could do with another winger Feeney could be an option at this level but I'd rather sign a winger or two possibly. 

Archived