BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Bluebandit said:

Yes we have been relegated but being unhappy about the situation will not instantly get us back promoted. In my life everybody gets a fair crack of the whip as from next season it's a clean slate all round as I've already said. I'm not going to be involved in he/she said this he/she said that. I'm going to support my team & watch a game of football plain & simple the way I like it with no hostility or animosity to anybody.

I'm replying to your post 6 minutes ago in which you did exactly what you now say you're not going to do!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 47er said:

Don't worry, everyone else will follow it OK.

I don't have the foggiest of what you are talking about. It's been a long day. Another riddle maybe another night I might have abit more success with another. Night.

1 hour ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

What went wrong with stokes? Stated of well, scored a couple, then out the side and nothing since?

My theory is this:

Celtic happy to see the back of him and don't offer him a new deal after he spent the last season on loan at Hibs. Repeated references to disciplinary issues.

Hibs want to sign him, now managed by his pal Neil Lennon, however are stuck in the Scottish Championship and can't afford him.

Stokes needs a contract somewhere and a club to pay his wage. Along comes old friend Owen Coyle who moves in similar circles to those above. Come along to Blackburn. As long as he doesn't cost a fee then Venkys will happily agree to a 3 year deal of £15k a week.

I'm still convinced he'll end up back with Lennon at Hibs before the summer is up. I think that's been his preference from the start and it would have happened earlier had Coyle not lined him up on a fat long contract here.

Just now, JHRover said:

My theory is this:

Celtic happy to see the back of him and don't offer him a new deal after he spent the last season on loan at Hibs. Repeated references to disciplinary issues.

Hibs want to sign him, now managed by his pal Neil Lennon, however are stuck in the Scottish Championship and can't afford him.

Stokes needs a contract somewhere and a club to pay his wage. Along comes old friend Owen Coyle who moves in similar circles to those above. Come along to Blackburn. As long as he doesn't cost a fee then Venkys will happily agree to a 3 year deal of £15k a week.

I'm still convinced he'll end up back with Lennon at Hibs before the summer is up. I think that's been his preference from the start and it would have happened earlier had Coyle not lined him up on a fat long contract here.

Exactly how I've been seeing it almost since he pitched up when noise of his head and attitude never leaving Scotland started swirling. Crafty moves by a few I reckon.

Just now, tomphil said:

Exactly how I've been seeing it almost since he pitched up when noise of his head and attitude never leaving Scotland started swirling. Crafty moves by a few I reckon.

He'll end up at hibs with rovers picking up most of his wages then.

I'm sure they must have had grounds to get rid when he was found guilty of nutting Elvis mind you I dread to think what kind of contract they actually got signed off for him at Rovers.

Have to admit that TM has worked quickly and efficiently. He has also concentrated on the main area rather than going from one to the other. Midfield was obviously the biggie, knowing we needed most players in before preseason. He has filled that gulf and now its just dusting off around the outside with  a striker or two, full back, winger and possibly a cb. Midfield is where the heart of the team is - he knows that had to be priority.

So i admit that even i am starting to become a little more optimistic...(that does not mean i am in happy 'forget the past ever happened 'clapper land where the future is orange with sprinkly tugay teardops falling on our faces). Just optimistic of our chances this season, though we should never have been in this position in the first place and should be playing Arsenal away on the first day of the season with our 2017 FA Cup winning manager Big Fat Sam taking charge.

Just now, tomphil said:

I'm sure they must have had grounds to get rid when he was found guilty of nutting Elvis mind you I dread to think what kind of contract they actually got signed off for him at Rovers.

He attacked Elvis prior to signing for rovers.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he should be

Yep all sorted

Agree

Graham is staying. He said this after the last game of last season

I think we play 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 formation. But we need a plan B which could 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. 

Chaddy you can't keep saying Graham is definitely staying just because he told a fan after the game he would be. He was hardly going too turn around and say too the fan he was leaving was he? If a championship club comes in for graham then he'll be gone. Hope that doesn't happen though! 

6 hours ago, 47er said:

I'm replying to your post 6 minutes ago in which you did exactly what you now say you're not going to do!

Don't worry. All this happened 7 hours ago so you have a clean slate.

7 years (and two relegations) isn't a 'fair crack of the whip' so 7 hours is merely a blink of the eye.

Tbf, in 7 years it's 'only' two relegations so it could have been worse. That means for 5 years they kept us up.

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Who is Sam Lord, and why didn't you say that he told you, rather than get off on thinking you know all?

Wasnt my only source tho..2 others ones who backed all this up and more. I wont reveal the other 2 sources cos they dont want to named on public messageboard. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Wasnt my only source tho..2 others ones who backed all this up and more. I wont reveal the other 2 sources cos they dont want to named on public messageboard. 

Surely not that Jamie person? He thought we were signing emmanuel rivere on a free when he still has a year left on his contract

38 minutes ago, Stuart said:

7 years (and two relegations) isn't a 'fair crack of the whip' so 7 hours is merely a blink of the eye.

Tbf, in 7 years it's 'only' two relegations so it could have been worse. That means for 5 years they kept us up.

Ironic thing is that actually the clean slate logic isn't something that's applied anywhere else.

For example they wouldn't let an alcoholic with 7 years form of going off the rails drive them to work or look after their kids just because they've been sober for a week.

Nor would they be happy if someone robbed their house, and was a repeat offender but got no punishment under this clean slate idea.

But somehow logic doesn't apply to Rovers...

33 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I envisaged all this when the WT sold up it signified the end of what of you could call the end of a golden era I also knew that there would be a period of decline. It's fair to say mistakes have been plentiful along the way things could/should have been done differently for a myriad of factors. It hasn't transpired to be any different from my premonition. Time is relative 7mins 7hrs 7days 7weeks 7years the end result is still the same. So far I've not been wrong with my feelings I believe now if we can stabilise the debts learn from certain mistakes we can start going up in terms of league standing won't be a overnight thing.

I envisaged all this when the WT sold up it signified the end of what of you could call the end of a golden era I also knew that there would be a period of decline. It's fair to say mistakes have been plentiful along the way things could/should have been done differently for a myriad of factors. It hasn't transpired to be any different from my premonition. Time is relative 7mins 7hrs 7days 7weeks 7years the end result is still the same. So far I've not been wrong with my feelings I believe now if we can stabilise the debts learn from certain mistakes we can start going up in terms of league standing won't be a overnight thing.

What a lovely eye-catching stream of consciousness...

I agree with the sentiment, but since we are owned by the disconnected ones of no consistent logic-land, I guess it will take a whole lot more than a few sensible signings in the bargain basement of the football league to bring back any confidence or trust (sic) in the long term direction of the club I've supported since 1973.

Now I'm not sure i believe that! You evisaged:

The club dropping 2 tiers in 7 years, narrowly missing relegation several times on the way

That agents would be running the club

That we would appoint 2 never before having been managers, journeymen coaches as managers

We'd fire a proven manager who had success with us when he was doing well

The club would turn on it's fans when they protested

The media campaign against our fans

5 managers in 1 season

Having no proper board structure for 7 years

Appointing a joke of a pundit from India to be in charge

To appoint an ex programme seller as our assistant ceo or whatever title he had

a civil war in the board room

Signing all those Portugese players some of whom couldn't get into non league teams

Spending less than 1% of our incoming transfers fees on players

Radio silence from the owners

1 That is not natural decline. That is the rape and pillage of our club.

2 No one expected such a mess. It's the stuff of dream team tv soap.

But still, clean slate eh? After all it's hardly anything.

Whoops missed off adding £100 million to the debt.

Just now, Disenfranchised said:

What a lovely eye-catching stream of consciousness...

I agree with the sentiment, but since we are owned by the disconnected ones of no consistent logic-land, I guess it will take a whole lot more than a few sensible signings in the bargain basement of the football league to bring back any confidence or trust (sic) in the long term direction of the club I've supported since 1973.

Like I said before everyone is different. I've had a period in the wilderness from going due to working committments but at the same time I've been closely watching/following things from the sidelines so to speak. Disconnected things can become reconnected in my world I never burn my bridges. I'm not wishing to continue this conversation (not that I don't have the stomach) on this thread as it's for transfers really & im off to work shortly.

6 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Now I'm not sure i believe that! You evisaged:

The club dropping 2 tiers in 7 years, narrowly missing relegation several times on the way

That agents would be running the club

That we would appoint 2 never before having been managers, journeymen coaches as managers

We'd fire a proven manager who had success with us when he was doing well

The club would turn on it's fans when they protested

The media campaign against our fans

5 managers in 1 season

Having no proper board structure for 7 years

Appointing a joke of a pundit from India to be in charge

To appoint an ex programme seller as our assistant ceo or whatever title he had

a civil war in the board room

Signing all those Portugese players some of whom couldn't get into non league teams

Spending less than 1% of our incoming transfers fees on players

Radio silence from the owners

1 That is not natural decline. That is the rape and pillage of our club.

2 No one expected such a mess. It's the stuff of dream team tv soap.

But still, clean slate eh? After all it's hardly anything.

Whoops missed off adding £100 million to the debt.

A sobering and well articulated summary of the reasons not to trust the deluded ones of Pune. Thanks for the reminder !

Venkys Out! Backwards stawt.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Your mum and dad dont want to be associated with you perhaps? :D

Archived