BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

12 minutes ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

I just don't care who owns the club, I care about the football. That's it..

Hail the venkys? I think the idiotic violent snowball attack did the trick. You wonder why they pulled the plug in terms of backing?

Really?

But what had happened before the snowball? Why were the "reception committee" there in the first place?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

I have spare anti psychotic medication if you're feeling a bit strange..

How has it worked for you though ?   Can't be much good if your giving it away ......

1 minute ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

My life picture is clear as a bell with minimal distortion. :)

If you had something that would stop me thinking about Venkys/Anderson/SEM/Huber/Kean/Sella/Cresendo and more i'd snap your hand off believe you me :P

Anyway back to the transfers .......

1 hour ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

Hail the venkys? I think the idiotic violent snowball attack did the trick. You wonder why they pulled the plug in terms of backing?

What an incredible statement. You seriously think that a snowball assisted the demise of a multi million turnover business. It's a good job it wasn't an egg - they would have shut us down for that.

37 minutes ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

Snowball ! It should have been a bloody big house brick.

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What an incredible statement. You seriously think that a snowball assisted the demise of a multi million turnover business. It's a good job it wasn't an egg - they would have shut us down for that.

A rotten egg, maybe..?

I'm looking back into the championship seeing Wolves spending £15m on Porto midfielder, closing in on a loan signing from same club as well as going to re sign Benik Afobe from Bournemouth. Not that I'm jealous but Wolves could easily have been where we are :angry: 

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

I'm looking back into the championship seeing Wolves spending £15m on Porto midfielder, closing in on a loan signing from same club as well as going to re sign Benik Afobe from Bournemouth. Not that I'm jealous but Wolves could easily have been where we are :angry: 

Wolves have been where we are..

54 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Wolves smell like some agency owned vehicle though. Like we were/are but a higher class of owner. Portugal, like Brazil is awash with players who are owned by all sorts of shady 3rd party organisations. So much so that the President of either Benfica or Sporting Lisbon has publicly said he has no idea who owns half the players at their club.

It will all end in tears at Wolves, and they will be torpedoed once the Chinese 'owners' get bored of failing to get into the Premier League. 

4 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Wolves smell like some agency owned vehicle though. Like we were/are but a higher class of owner. Portugal, like Brazil is awash with players who are owned by all sorts of shady 3rd party organisations. So much so that the President of either Benfica or Sporting Lisbon has publicly said he has no idea who owns half the players at their club.

It will all end in tears at Wolves, and they will be torpedoed once the Chinese 'owners' get bored of failing to get into the Premier League. 

Take a read - exactly the same https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/19/jorge-mendes-wolves-influence-chinese-owners-signings

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I have read that Lambert is looking likely this week. I think the more experienced players who have done it at the top level we have the better. The guy has scored goals in every division and is a full international. No brainer in league 1

Type of warrior you need at this level.  Could do a Hughes type job for a year and bully teams..........IF FIT.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

People saying Lambert to sign for this week. Good signing, if true? 

a couple of people on twitter say it already done whether it a loan or permanent they don't know. One guy who tweeted this info also said that Stokes to Hibs is 80% done.

Would Lambert be a good signing? I'm not positive about this move and would have prefer someone like Bogle or someone younger as a Target man. Hopefully we sign a striker with loads of pace and pacey winger

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Says who?

look on twitter. just search Blackburn Rovers on there

4 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

can we set up a thread just for people to have a go at each other and leave transfer threads to be about transfers.

after a good day out in Lytham with the family, I hope to come on the transfer thread to find out some transfer gossip or news. instead of scrolling through 2 and half pages of Venkys chat

11 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Feels different it certainly does wow we are now spending 500-700k on Dack 250k on Baldwin. Given we've lost roughly 125-150k of the wage bill per week, then it's six maybe seven weeks of wages saved on transfer fees. Equally I see Nixon now says Venkys wouldn't sanction McMahon wages. I think this is our lot this summer with probably 2 loans to come in later this month..

Too many pinning hope on Mowbray and co and whilst I can't see anyone who could fail with this squad the very fact we've had two relegations  reduced to the third tier yet people have hope is completely barmy

I haven't seen the Nixon tweet but Not sure how reliable is at the minute cos he did laugh off the Dack rumours.

Mowbray has said he want another 4 players which I expect 2 to be permanent moves and 2 loans

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

This is the point I've been trying to make over the last week or so. 

Is this really 'new territory' or are they just repeating a cycle that we have seen before? The only thing that will prove it is the longer term, but for now I'm going with caution and treating the whole thing with suspicion and doubt. 

There's a big difference between being dubious about these owners and their behaviour and then being negative about the team/club. For the record I like Mowbray, I like how he comes across, I liked the effort he put in last year to try and keep us up, I like the look of the signings made so far, I've got my season ticket and will be doing all the away games again, I'll be hoping more than anything that Mowbray can turn this around and get us back up at the first attempt. That doesn't mean I have to believe that things are suddenly completely different and that Mowbray has managed to do what nobody else has and get Venkys to change their ways.

You mention the initial Bowyer period. He was handed money from Venkys and he set about rebuilding the squad with top end Championship quality players that would retain or increase their value for the club. For whatever reason after a couple of years Venkys made the decision to wreck all that and we've ended up a league lower with no players of serious value and about 13 players under contract at the club. 

Now it seems they are putting their faith in Mowbray, but how long will it last, and what's to say that 2-3 years from now we won't be in League 2 with no players left on the books?

Bowyer had to get players off the books and had to sell Martin Olsson before he money for Evans and Marshall permanent plus loan move for Cairney. then in January he spend around 1 million pounds on Cairney, Gestede and Conway.

Mowbray has spent money but not had to wait for players to be sold 1st. Yes he has let most of the out of contract players go and most wont be missed.

what's to say that in 2 or 3 years we wont be in the Premier League with Mowbray still in charge? we could be utter positive or the opposite or be a sort of middle ground. For me, I just focus on this season and getting out of League 1 and back to the championship. Not thinking long term at the minute

Archived