BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thanks for the ups. 

I am now listening live so will catch on replay.

Heard Nixon on Venkys near the end. 

No time for the man personally but he is right about how much Rovers have really spent this window against savings and that TM will soon, if not already realise how the Venky's really work.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Butty said:

Hanley has been linked with Sheff Wednesday the last few days on twitter. Hope he goes there and gets his career back on track in blue and white. :brfc:

It was in an sms I got from a Son in Manchester. Just rumour.

I thought if Grant went to the Dingles then he'd be playing us next season:brfc:

Sheff Wed may go up!

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It was in an sms I got from a Son in Manchester. Just rumour.

I thought if Grant went to the Dingles then he'd be playing us next season:brfc:

Sheff Wed may go up!

Didn't we reject a bid from them  for Hanley the season before he joined Newcastle ? 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Bloody hell. I thought I was a glass half empty man, but some of the doom and gloom merchants on here! 

It's ridiculous. Unless there is a new player signed every 48hrs, some people simply can't cope.  It's the first week of July. The transfer window closes in approx 2months - yet we've signed 4 players already - each one a piece of a plan for a change.  There will be more comings and goings, no doubt about that but don't let a hack get in your minds.

A lot of faith has been put in TM especially when he said he has control of any sales. The man is no fool. He sat down with the owners and was happy to continue as manager. To sell a key player like Lenihan will be more than a surprise and I hope it doesn't happen. 

No faith in venkys but I'm relying on TM to use his skill and build a team that will compete.

39 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It's ridiculous. Unless there is a new player signed every 48hrs, some people simply can't cope.  It's the first week of July. The transfer window closes in approx 2months - yet we've signed 4 players already - each one a piece of a plan for a change.  There will be more comings and goings, no doubt about that but don't let a hack get in your minds.

Think positive Pedro. That's it. 

But looking back you had the same opinion in July last year about the situation at Ewood and the transfers.  You said:-

I'm pleased to say, I'm not always right and don't claim to be, in fact I'm one of the few who doesn't care if I am wrong - but I'm certainly one of the minority who tries to think rationally and won't just buy this tiresome, perpetual negativity on here.

How did last season work out with your rationale?

People were not eternally negative on this message board back in 2010. It's taken 7 years of Venkys-inflicted torture which has led to people refusing to believe we will ultimately end up with anything but stupidity, cost cutting and missed opportunities.

1 hour ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

And by the fact they are part of Blackburn Rovers Football Club then yes they have a good chance of making the grade!! If you are contracted to the club then I wish you all the success in breaking into the first team, however if you are not then come up with some better logic! 

That's some warped logic. We have had 4 players (off top of my head) come through in last 4 years. So that's 4 out of 50 odd players.

I am led to believe there is nothing great coming through either.

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I've not read any panic. Just people questioning the posters who say "we will walk this league", "we have the best squad by a mile".

And people thinking our youth team is La Maisa

We have made a good start but still short with a lot of work to do.

42 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Didn't we reject a bid from them  for Hanley the season before he joined Newcastle ? 

He's a cracking player Hanley. He'd be a great Shawcross understudy for Stoke. Probably if he full fills the potential the best centre half behind Ryan Nelsen I've seen supporting Rovers.

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

He's a cracking player Hanley. He'd be a great Shawcross understudy for Stoke. Probably if he full fills the potential the best centre half behind Ryan Nelsen I've seen supporting Rovers.

Better than big Chris? 

I liked Oojer myself 

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Think positive Pedro. That's it. 

But looking back you had the same opinion in July last year about the situation at Ewood and the transfers.  You said:-

How did that season work out with your rationale?

People were not eternally negative on this message board back in 2010. It's taken 7 years of Venkys inflicted torture which has led to people refusing to believe we will ultimately end up with anything but stupidity, cost cutting and missed opportunities.

It's not about being positive. It's about the usual suspects complaining when we sign someone. Complain about who we sign. Then complain when we don't sign someone, followed by complaining about not signing a player that they would've complained about if we signed him.  

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Better than big Chris? 

I liked Oojer myself 

Apologies I loved Chris too! 

Ooijer was class but I'd have Hanley at centre half, live a no nonsense brute, ooijer was handy at RB though!

I remember ooijer signing how many penalties did he give away! Then the leg break but came back bloody brilliant.

13 minutes ago, Speedie Dived said:

I've not read any panic. Just people questioning the posters who say "we will walk this league", "we have the best squad by a mile".

And people thinking our youth team is La Maisa

We have made a good start but still short with a lot of work to do.

Currently, I believe we have the best squad and we were a half-decent manager away from staying up last season.  Will we be scrabbling around in the last few days of the transfer window replacing Lenihan and Mulgrew. History suggests we will - but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

• Backroom

Apologies I loved Chris too! 

Ooijer was class but I'd have Hanley at centre half, live a no nonsense brute, ooijer was handy at RB though!

I remember ooijer signing how many penalties did he give away! Then the leg break but came back bloody brilliant.

Didn't he get an oggy in his first or second game too? The leg break made him more careful and more brilliant.

7 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Better than Samba and Jones?

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Better than Samba and Jones?

Better than Jones but I forgot Samba. Had a mate who played with them a few years back, said out the two Hanley was better in training but Jones had the physicality early and literally stood out. 

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Didn't he get an oggy in his first or second game too? The leg break made him more careful and more brilliant.

I think he does did Portsmouth rings a bell? I used to watch him during the game and he had this strange gangly type run. 

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Currently, I believe we have the best squad and we were a half-decent manager away from staying up last season.  Will we be scrabbling around in the last few days of the transfer window replacing Lenihan and Mulgrew. History suggests we will - but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Ben Heneghan from Motherwell big six footer, 23 plenty of time to improve, burnley had a scout at fir park not long ago. Get him for 300k

Last year when he was on a free I recommend Ryan Tafazolli he's since joined Pererborough and played at international level for Iran. Quick lad who's a bit handy in the tackle, ideally I'd have replaced Ward with him.

Better than Jones but I forgot Samba. Had a mate who played with them a few years back, said out the two Hanley was better in training but Jones had the physicality early and literally stood out. 

I heard similar, that of the two, Hanley was the one expected to do better.

I was a big fan of Jones but Hanley always looked to have a major clanger in him and often did. Alongside Dann, there was always a slip or dodgy pass but I suppose it couldn't have been easy being a young player in that era.

I'm a firm believer in having 3 keepers going into a season. 2 just isn't enough. It takes 1 serious to injury and you are in trouble. 

I'd look at Joe Hart. Not much interest for a transfer, City don't need the money, perhaps a loan would suit all?

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I'm a firm believer in having 3 keepers going into a season. 2 just isn't enough. It takes 1 serious to injury and you are in trouble. 

I'd look at Joe Hart. Not much interest for a transfer, City don't need the money, perhaps a loan would suit all?

You are joking.

Archived