BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You make an interesting point in your final paragraph. Why hasn't Mowbray been specific about who he met? It seems strange,  even conversationaly, he wouldn't say specifically who he met. Did he meet 2 or all 3?Has he been asked this question? Probably nothing in it, but at the next meeting with Mowbray, can someone ask who he exactly he met 

Because it is the club's policy to be deliberately vague about as much as possible and keep information to the very minimum. We've seen it with the shadow director who has been around the club for at least the last couple of years but has never been named, interviewed or photographed by the club except one occasion when Mike Cheston was forced into it at the fans meeting.

Back in the old days Gary Bowyer and Steve Kean were quite happy to detail their trips to India to see 'Madame' and through that people came to realise that she was the power behind the organisation. Since 2015 that has stopped and instead the most we have had it talks with 'the owners' or their 'advisors'. Curiously since 2015 it also appears Madame has scaled back her involvement which also coincided with Bowyer getting the boot, players being sold all over the place, the boardroom being dismantled and the shadow director appearing on the scene.

My gut feeling is these 'talks' with 'the owners' have at the very most been a few meetings with Balaji/Venkatesh, possibly not even them but their financial advisors/team. We know from past experience that they can say one thing and do another.

The Telegraph are involved with this cover up operation of being deliberately vague and keeping information to a minimum. Nobody can expect a transcript of their discussions but it would be nice to hear who the meeting was with, where it took place etc.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I reckon Emnes would tear up this league, far more than Gallagher. 

For me Emnes was lightweight and lazy and to be honest not exactly deadly in front of goal I think that strike v Wigan good as it was has blinkered people a bit. Need something more robust in this league not another 10k + per week shirker.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I very much look forward to your financial posts but when it comes to footballers and their ability I can never understand your reasoning.

Lenihan is a good player and a great prospect. Championship is his level but I'd say he'd walk into mid-lower league Championship team this year. A few more years of development and I'd say he'd be a top half player.

I've heard from a reporter, albeit a Burnley reporter but someone that is obviously in the 'media loop' if you will (and someone I trust to be impartial), that Lenihan is staying at Blackburn but Mulgrew and Graham are off. Mulgrew is an almost certainty whilst Graham's agent is throwing him about like nobodies business in a bid to get him back to the Championship.

Sounds correct but on Lenihen I think he'll get pushed if the right bid comes in. We know won't have the final say on it really should the numbers become tempting.

Anyone else hear Nixon last night on Radio Lancs hawking Lenihan and Mulgrew as great options for North End? I don't hold my breath but it would be great if we managed to hold on to the pair.

The guy clearly has an issue with all things Rovers related and I'm amazed Radio Lancs continue to invite him.

He certainly likes the sound of his own voice.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Because it is the club's policy to be deliberately vague about as much as possible and keep information to the very minimum. We've seen it with the shadow director who has been around the club for at least the last couple of years but has never been named, interviewed or photographed by the club except one occasion when Mike Cheston was forced into it at the fans meeting.

Back in the old days Gary Bowyer and Steve Kean were quite happy to detail their trips to India to see 'Madame' and through that people came to realise that she was the power behind the organisation. Since 2015 that has stopped and instead the most we have had it talks with 'the owners' or their 'advisors'. Curiously since 2015 it also appears Madame has scaled back her involvement which also coincided with Bowyer getting the boot, players being sold all over the place, the boardroom being dismantled and the shadow director appearing on the scene.

My gut feeling is these 'talks' with 'the owners' have at the very most been a few meetings with Balaji/Venkatesh, possibly not even them but their financial advisors/team. We know from past experience that they can say one thing and do another.

The Telegraph are involved with this cover up operation of being deliberately vague and keeping information to a minimum. Nobody can expect a transcript of their discussions but it would be nice to hear who the meeting was with, where it took place etc.

According to the LT Mowbray travelled to India on 22 May:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15299242.Rovers_head_coach_Tony_Mowbray_to_travel_to_India_to_meet_with_Venky_s_to_discuss_Ewood_Park_future/?ref=rl&lp=2

On 23 May Rovers website posted comments on the meetings:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/may/mowbray---happy-with-the-talks-weve-held/

Somewhere TM is quoted as saying he had 3 meetings with the owners in India. currently cannot find a link.

Edit: Link found TM "3 meetings over the last few days"

https://audioboom.com/posts/5947357-rovers-head-coach-tony-mowbray-is-planning-for-next-season-with-the-club

Questions:

* did TM travel Tardis first class or economy.

I prefer to believe he went and met them whilst being possibly the first person to visit India since the camera was invented not to take a photo.

7 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Anyone else hear Nixon last night on Radio Lancs hawking Lenihan and Mulgrew as great options for North End? I don't hold my breath but it would be great if we managed to hold on to the pair.

The guy clearly has an issue with all things Rovers related and I'm amazed Radio Lancs continue to invite him.

Controversy equals numbers I suppose. Plus Preston are Lancashire too :) 

10 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Alex Neil a wee gem from Nixon agent buddies maybe ?   If so he'll be seriously cosying himself up to North End now so he can do the pied piper routine on some of their more gullible lot.

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Alex Neil a wee gem from Nixon agent buddies maybe ?   If so he'll be seriously cosying himself up to North End now so he can do the pied piper routine on some of their more gullible lot.

You may be right.

It was the first time I've ever heard him speak on the radio and in fairness he did appear extremely professional and certainly knowledgable and well informed. I was impressed tbh and it was only when the conversation changed to Rovers that I realised who he was from his tone. Not only did he hawk those that we hope we can hang on to but when asked about Venkys committing to a £750k transfer fee he couldn't wait to stick the knife in and state that Rovers were penny pinching over a new right back and clearly took great glee in stating that Mowbray was about to find out what Venkys were all about.

Anyway, back to scrutinising the fixture list with disbelief!

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

We're discussing a Rovers transfer in a transfer thread on a Rovers forum. Maybe you're in the wrong place? 

I completely agree and I feel I have in the main discussed Connor Mahoney and the relevance of his transfer to the club. I assume that my need for redirection is related to the section in bold were I suggest a collective response to this transfer.This is an opinion which by its nature has a large subjective element. I would suggest that it is the subjective element that gives impetus to active message boards such as this.

If it is having an opinion that requires my redirection then that is your opinion and you also require re directing in my opinion( oops will I never learn).

I just hope blue boy that when we are redirected it's not to clarets mad because I will hold you totally responsible for raising this in the first place. In fact I'm not coming.

19 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You may be right.

It was the first time I've ever heard him speak on the radio and in fairness he did appear extremely professional and certainly knowledgable and well informed. I was impressed tbh and it was only when the conversation changed to Rovers that I realised who he was from his tone. Not only did he hawk those that we hope we can hang on to but when asked about Venkys committing to a £750k transfer fee he couldn't wait to stick the knife in and state that Rovers were penny pinching over a new right back and clearly took great glee in stating that Mowbray was about to find out what Venkys were all about.

Anyway, back to scrutinising the fixture list with disbelief!

Always comes across well on radio and always has but I wouldn't trust much he comes out with he just states the obvious in a polished way whilst dropping clever bits in to suit whatever agenda he's currently on with.

Anyway yeah those fixtures :o

• Backroom

I don't think Nixon has much if any insider knowledge of Rovers at the present time, but his general opinion of the club and its dealings aren't wrong. Nor are they anything groundbreaking. Many of us have been saying the same things for years. Difference is our narration doesn't change dependent on the nationality of the manager.

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but my first thought about Mahoney being announced as a U23 signing is a bid by Bournemouth to lower the amount of compo they have to pay to us.

Read somewhere we aren't getting much in the way of compo for Mahoney, don`t know if it is true, but apparently he didn`t play enough games.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15390219.Comment__Lessons_must_be_learned_as_Connor_Mahoney_leaves_Blackburn_Rovers_for_Bournemouth/?ref=mac

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Time travel is possible and clearly faster than Skype which doesn't, as we know, operate very well between the UK and India.

Definitely another question for the upcoming Bi-annual meeting in September.

List of extremely uncomfortable questions already being compiled.

Maybe there is an "honest" explanation as I hear "the owners" (notice they are never named) are very humble people so possibly there are no computers or cameras or phones ?

If they want to build a time machine then they will at the very least need a microwave and a mobile phone.

3 hours ago, JAL said:

More cock and bull Lambert came in and did a job on Jordan remember talking to Jordan just weeks before this alleged being unsettled when he was anything but unsettled and relatively happy.

Players are commodities to be moved on and sold for money.

Blackburn Rovers doesn't have a long term team under this lot.

Let me just correct your last sentence.

" Blackburn Rovers doesn't have a long term future under this lot ".

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I prefer to believe he went and met them whilst being possibly the first person to visit India since the camera was invented not to take a photo.

I feel I must be missing something, because this is a really strange comment. You expected him to come back and show us his snaps of the sights? Published in the LT? Certainly don't recall getting any of those from Bowyer.

On Mahoney, great move for him. He's going be learning under the guidance of one of the top young managers in the country. He'll also be training with some very talented players, which he'll learn a lot from. Pleased for him, disappointed for us.

I very much expect Lenihan and Mulgrew to force through moves too. Less concerned about Mulgrew as he's injury prone, but Lenihan would be a big blow. 

15 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

On Mahoney, great move for him. He's going be learning under the guidance of one of the top young managers in the country. He'll also be training with some very talented players, which he'll learn a lot from. Pleased for him, disappointed for us.

I very much expect Lenihan and Mulgrew to force through moves too. Less concerned about Mulgrew as he's injury prone, but Lenihan would be a big blow. 

Lenihan wants to stay and play under TM or so I have been told. Though, with that said, we know that if someone somewhere wants him gone he'll be off.

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Early bird passes and it all goes very quiet on incomings with outgoings now seemingly on the menu. How surprising.

I very much doubt there is a correlation. Mowbray has said we have bids in for other players. No conspiracy on this 

40 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I feel I must be missing something, because this is a really strange comment. You expected him to come back and show us his snaps of the sights? Published in the LT? Certainly don't recall getting any of those from Bowyer.

On relection I agree that the camera photo comment was not needed. My mistake as it obviously draws attention away.

A 'snap' of TM with the owners would not have been too difficult a thing to expect or arrange, surely, for the Club website.

The timeline query stands as does use and meaning of 'prefer'.

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I very much doubt there is a correlation. Mowbray has said we have bids in for other players. No conspiracy on this 

You doubt this correlation based on what?

I could point to the past seven years to base what my gut feelings are telling me.

Archived