BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wonder  why he ended up at Fleetwood 

Were Fleetwood Mac from Fleetwood? 

Stevie Nicks definitely was. She honed her skills busking on the Knott End ferry.

Image result for knott end ferry

They used to queue for days to watch her. This was the scene prior to her last gig. Bedlam.

She moved to LA soon after.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

No but he is the one handling the transfers. He Will revive this club. A friend of mine was on loan at Coventry when he was there and said he was the best Manager he has played under. Since returning to his parent club he is now a key first team player and established England u21 international.

Jacob Murphy or Jack Stephens? ^_^

44 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Stevie Nicks definitely was. She honed her skills busking on the Knott End ferry.

Image result for knott end ferry

They used to queue for days to watch her. This was the scene prior to her last gig. Bedlam.

She moved to LA soon after.

Mick Fleetwood was from Macclesfield 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Danny Graham was on 26k last year. Nicko says Hibs ceiling is 3k a week I think it's more 5k as chair lady Leanne Dempster will more than likely use some of the 1milluon from the sale of Jason Cummings. I don't think they've even a 2% chance of Landing Graham

350.png

7 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Why?  Does anyone know if Mowbray actually wanted Lambert?  The only person who knows is Mowbray and from what I hear he said at today's meeting Lambert wasn't a target.

The first line was a joke Pb.

But if you meant the second line then I think you might have lost the lost completely.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I'm relieved about that, I have a bad feeling about Lambert.

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Well, we can't compete with the likes of Plymouth...

It really does make a us a laughing stock. How on earth Venkys can maintain any dignity, let alone save face over anything Rovers related, l'll never know.

Hang on Stuart, it's hardly what you'd call a rumour, let alone a reliable story about a signing - I mean, look at the link, and when you click through, what does it actually say (nothing!!). Anyway, so what if chummylugs ends up at Plymouth or any other 'tinpot' club like that? Wouldn't it be better to focus on the signings we actually make, and form a judgment based on them, than worrying about what hasn't happened here?

COYLSB! (Come On You laughing stock Blues!)

48 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The first line was a joke Pb.

But if you meant the second line then I think you might have lost the lost completely.

Sorry Stuart but I'm not sure what "lost the lost" means?

I was referring to the meeting that was held at Ewood yesterday when Mowbray apparently said that Lambert was not a target.

6 hours ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

I've been thinking that about every post the guy makes.. :lol:

Says the chap who thinks everything is rosy and doesn't see that Venkys are a massive hindrance to us.

Recent gems include:

The squad is brilliant

We have to trust the u23s will do their part

Transfers aren't a problem as TM in total control

Like the last 7 years haven't happened - and I don't just mean the chaos that is Venkys but plain neutral evidence like a very small amount of youngsters breaking into the squad and players consistently being injured.

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Why has all the earlier pre-season optimism completely vanished, just because we pulled out of a deal for a 30yo Bradford, league 1 standard right back and haven't rushed into signing a striker yet. In TM I trust

Because of Venky's, their previous behaviour and the likelihood of that being repeated I would imagine.

I can't believe I have to clarify this, but I really don't want that to be the case, but we've been here before!

16 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Sorry Stuart but I'm not sure what "lost the lost" means?

I was referring to the meeting that was held at Ewood yesterday when Mowbray apparently said that Lambert was not a target.

What meeting was this or do you mean the business Q and B meeting?

10 hours ago, Speedie Dived said:

He confirmed he did at the Q and A last week. Went for four days and met with the owners 3/4 times.

Said he found Madame and her husband to be soft spoken but intelligent.

He must have had the wrong address. :-)

Dunnfc, is this good enough for you that Mowbray wemt to India to meet the owners?

JHrovers, he met owners including Mrs D. 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What meeting was this or do you mean the business Q and B meeting?

Dunnfc, is this good enough for you that Mowbray wemt to India to meet the owners?

JHrovers, he met owners including Mrs D. 

Shareholders meeting.

"We do have a few options to try and fit in the team. I do look at the board in my office now and I see Elliot Bennett, I see Craig Conway, I see Anthony Stokes, I see Liam Feeney, I see Bradley Dack, I see Ben Gladwin.I see a lot of players that can play behind that striker role".

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/july/competition-for-places/

Sounds like 1 up top.  4-2-3-1?  4 at the back, Smallwood and Whitto as the '2', then the '3' from the ones he lists above and Graham up front perhaps. ToMo says he still after attacking players so maybe a pacey winger or two.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

"We do have a few options to try and fit in the team. I do look at the board in my office now and I see Elliot Bennett, I see Craig Conway, I see Anthony Stokes, I see Liam Feeney, I see Bradley Dack, I see Ben Gladwin.I see a lot of players that can play behind that striker role".

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/july/competition-for-places/

Sounds like 1 up top.  4-2-3-1?  4 at the back, Smallwood and Whitto as the '2', then the '3' from the ones he lists above and Graham up front perhaps. ToMo says he still after attacking players so maybe a pacey winger or two.

Hopefully pacey striker and winger. 

Always thought 4-2-3-1 formation would be Mowbray's plan A

Archived