BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don't agree. The ONLY possible advantage to Venkys owning this club is that they put their own money in and facilitate wages/spending beyond what the club could usually afford. If they aint going to put their money in then what's the point of them? They aren't putting anything else in!

If they were serious investors then the 'book balancing' would be done out of their own pockets and the money generated from sales would be promptly reinvested into improving the squad/club. That hasn't happened and they've used the substantial proceeds of Bowyer's work to pay the bills rather than their own cash.

That was the only reason they took over the club in the first place. It was ticking along perfectly well, but to progress and grow it needed more investment and that was where Venkys were supposed to help.

If they are planning on just owning the club but not investing every year then there's absolutely no use to them being here. Might as well hand it over to someone else who at least can offer more by way of time, energy, interest.

I remember the managers we've had and the obscene cost of it. Remind me again why we've had such a high turnover of managers and why they've been paid out to such excess?

Because they are terrible owners JHR, who've actually paid (if you believe the main version of events) millions for advice on how to run a football club into the ground.

The damage done upon relegation tied us up for years to come. Even a new ownership wouldve been paying those inherited costs, if they'd sold up instead of allowing GB to have a pop.

I don't want this lot piling more debt on board. You said it yourself, an ambitious owner would be investing THEIR money, not some ridiculous system for borrowing from a foreign bank.

Trousering is another word for taking out. As far as I'm aware, no debts have been paid back to them? Yea, we might have a few scandalmongers talking about finding other ways to "strip assets", but I prefer to work with the facts I have at hand;

Billionaire gets conned, billionaire too proud to admit defeat, billionaire goes off the radar and hands reigns to someone else with an annual remit (pascha)...

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, I don't. How would I know? tell me so seeing as you know 

Why doesn't that surprise me. Ram you nut back in the sand instead of trying to start rows.

11 minutes ago, bluefred said:

Venkys have been trousering money (as you put it ) since they arrived .

You got any evidence, because the AG, BRAG, the Trust and a barrel load of others never found evidence of serious financial irregularity - or at least enough to get rid of these scumbags.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Why doesn't that surprise me. Ram you nut back in the sand instead of trying to start rows.

What are you on about you absolute moron? He quoted two figures, one for money spent on transfers and for money received on transfers. The figure spent was 300,000,so was he talking about after FFP? Because he didn't say that. If he was referring to all of Venkys time, both figures he gave would be different. Hence why I asked what period he was referring to. 

You don't read too good though, do you? 

4 minutes ago, Biz said:

Because they are terrible owners JHR, who've actually paid (if you believe the main version of events) millions for advice on how to run a football club into the ground.

The damage done upon relegation tied us up for years to come. Even a new ownership wouldve been paying those inherited costs, if they'd sold up instead of allowing GB to have a pop.

I don't want this lot piling more debt on board. You said it yourself, an ambitious owner would be investing THEIR money, not some ridiculous system for borrowing from a foreign bank.

Trousering is another word for taking out. As far as I'm aware, no debts have been paid back to them? Yea, we might have a few scandalmongers talking about finding other ways to "strip assets", but I prefer to work with the facts I have at hand;

Billionaire gets conned, billionaire too proud to admit defeat, billionaire goes off the radar and hands reigns to someone else with an annual remit (pascha)...

Please tell us what are the facts ?

Are they facts as YOU know them or are they just based on theory and you simply refusing to want to believe anything other than Venkys making a mess and are completely innocent of any form of dark play simply because that's easier for you to understand ?

Rather odd for someone who's been on record as painting Kean & co as corrupt but their partners are not ?

Just now, Biz said:

Exactly. If it was up to a few on here, we'd be 500m in debt by now.

To me, wanting rid of the owners AND expecting them to throw millions in is the definition of "having your cake and eating it too!"

They waxed millions up the wall. This 30m they've "trousered" (tomphil trademark) hasn't been spent on players, it's been spent on balancing the books.

What are our costs before wages? 10/12m? Factor in 3 years of cuts to the wages, pay offs etc and you've got a year on year deficit, growing the debt.

Weve probably spent 20m on managers in 5 years.... do people remember this? 

" We've probably spent 20 m on managers " . Where do you get the " we've " from. Nobody asked me about sacking Big Sam, nobody asked me about appointing Kean in his place. Nobody asked me about any of the other crazy appointments  either.

The word you're looking for is " they've".

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What are you on about you absolute moron? He quoted two figures, one for money spent on transfers and for money received on transfers. The figure spent was 300,000,so was he talking about after FFP? Because he didn't say that. If he was referring to all of Venkys time, both figures he gave would be different. Hence why I asked what period he was referring to. 

You don't read too good though, do you? 

You knew exactly what he was referring to you just fancied starting a pointless row because you happen not to agree. Get a grip mard arse.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

" We've probably spent 20 m on managers " . Where do you get the " we've " from. Nobody asked me about sacking Big Sam, nobody asked me about appointing Kean in his place. Nobody asked me about any of the other crazy appointments  either.

The word you're looking for is " they've".

Semantics TS. Quite rightly, Shaw, Cheston et al cost us millions in stupidity but ultimately it's still our team, i.e. us! 

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You knew exactly what he was referring to you just fancied starting a pointless row because you happen not to agree. Get a grip mard arse.

No I didn't know, hence why I asked. I still don't know what timeframe he was referring to

Keep your nose out of my posts soft lad 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No I didn't know, hence why I asked. I still don't know what timeframe he was referring to

Keep your nose out of my posts soft lad 

Likewise, boy.

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Bookmark this. It will save you asking again.

That goes for a lot of others too who repeat the ask just to deflect.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/blackburn-rovers/english-football-teams/blackburn-rovers-transfers

He said 300, 000 spent on transfer fees.

I know our transfer dealings inside and out, so I don't need your link or to bookmark it. Cheers. 

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Here's a thought, let it drop or take up the offer otherwise be quiet.

The offer you sent in a private message saying that you want to introduce me to the tarmac or some babble? Very scary stuff getting a message from a faceless avatar on a football forum. I may never leave the house again. 

I'd say lay off the gargle. It's a bit early in the day. 

In reply to your own keyboard warrior tactics, if you want to name call do it in person and it's also the way advised on here to take rows to DM to save everyone else from this boring farce you've now started. Hardly faceless plenty on here know me, i'm on twitter and facebook so not too difficult to find.

You on the other hand ?

Just now, tomphil said:

In reply to your own keyboard warrior tactics and it's advised on here to take rows to DM to save everyone else from this boring farce you've now started. Hardly faceless plenty on here know me, i'm on twitter and facebook so not too difficult to find.

You on other hand ?

Take rows to DM? Would you just take yourself away from engaging with me hard lad? 

Conversation finished. 

Whilst the player sales and lack of investment might not directly translate into Venkys making money out of the club, in the end it does, albeit in a more drawn out way.

Their horrific management of this club in every department caused a situation to develop whereby the club was losing tens of millions of pounds every year. Their decision to sell Cairney, Rudy, Rhodes, Hanley and Duffy was done for one reason and one reason only. To reduce the amount they themselves would have to put in out of their own pockets or from their lending.

It wasn't done because they suddenly wanted to get the club sorted out or because they grew a conscience and wanted the club to operate sensibly. It was done because their lenders got twitchy or because they couldn't/didn't want to pay the money out of their own pockets.

That decision cost us Championship status, and will cost them millions more this season even if we get promoted.

Selling off all our best players might not have been sinister asset stripping or lining their own pockets directly, but it was done to help them and them alone, and the club/fans/league status was little more than an afterthought, as ever.

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Take rows to DM? Would you just take yourself away from engaging with me hard lad? 

Conversation finished. 

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Get in the gym kid, ready when you are :lol:

Now then back on topic.................

2 minutes ago, Batman. said:

This has all got a bit tasty. Who's introducing who to what tarmac?

Quite entertaining but the Cricket is still better. I think the Test will win this evenings session.

On transfers - and Googlies today? :rover:

It's certainly a possibility that the club has been used to siphon money. They may not have been as brazen as to simply 'pocket' a fee of 17 million straight away they could have used the club for other financial benefits. It could be by hiding any losses from other arms of their company in order to protect their share prices, filtering any money through avoiding possible tax or the like. I am no expert but many people in the world of finance have told me a football club is the perfect way to juggle your finances favourably. There must be, after all, a reason other than ego to as why so many billionaires around the world own and finance such hugely expensive enterprises.

The only difference between them and clubs like us (Blackpool, Charlton, Coventry etc) is that due to the huge mismanagement the owners are now owed a huge debt - rather than continue to pump money into it they are happy to let the club barely function, facilities its bare survival and continue to reap the rewards of owning a football club because they know that if the club does disappear so does the millions upon millions of pounds legally owed to them.

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Whilst the player sales and lack of investment might not directly translate into Venkys making money out of the club, in the end it does, albeit in a more drawn out way.

Their horrific management of this club in every department caused a situation to develop whereby the club was losing tens of millions of pounds every year. Their decision to sell Cairney, Rudy, Rhodes, Hanley and Duffy was done for one reason and one reason only. To reduce the amount they themselves would have to put in out of their own pockets or from their lending.

It wasn't done because they suddenly wanted to get the club sorted out or because they grew a conscience and wanted the club to operate sensibly. It was done because their lenders got twitchy or because they couldn't/didn't want to pay the money out of their own pockets.

That decision cost us Championship status, and will cost them millions more this season even if we get promoted.

Selling off all our best players might not have been sinister asset stripping or lining their own pockets directly, but it was done to help them and them alone, and the club/fans/league status was little more than an afterthought, as ever.

As ever bang on.

I find articles suggesting financial dumping on the club unnervy to say the least but in 2013 we posted more than 48 million in operating costs before wages etc highly disproportionate compared to before and after years and other clubs at a similar level

image.png

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It's certainly a possibility that the club has been used to siphon money. They may not have been as brazen as to simply 'pocket' a fee of 17 million straight away they could have used the club for other financial benefits. It could be by hiding any losses from other arms of their company in order to protect their share prices, filtering any money through avoiding possible tax or the like. I am no expert but many people in the world of finance have told me a football club is the perfect way to juggle your finances favourably. There must be, after all, a reason other than ego to as why so many billionaires around the world own and finance such hugely expensive enterprises.

The only difference between them and clubs like us (Blackpool, Charlton, Coventry etc) is that due to the huge mismanagement the owners are now owed a huge debt - rather than continue to pump money into it they are happy to let the club barely function, facilities its bare survival and continue to reap the rewards of owning a football club because they know that if the club does disappear so does the millions upon millions of pounds legally owed to them.

Good post il go in detail more what your hinting at over the weekend unfortunately Rovers are ran with a corner shop mentailitymentality

Archived