BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

can I asked you why you though he be a good signing and what qualities will he bring to the team?

I think its because:

"At L1 level his Ioan record is 1 in every two games. Quickish target man at 6.3, young at 23/24 to improve. "

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

2 out of 8?!? I'm sure we've currently y signed 4.

Small squad?!? - It's tiny. We got rid of 12+ and have brought in to date 4. It's small. Yes there is time to add but you can't use that as a defence against it being small at the moment. And hey, it's not like Venkys have ever pulled the plug on funding or lied...

As for signing players in January, the damage may already be done with an understrength squad. Also it's a stupid idea to be reliant on rectifying problems in January - best way to solve them is not to let them occur,

Btw I totally agree with JHRover - we were utterly too reliant on loans last season. In fact a lot of the core team/players were loans. It gives us no stability or momentum to build and is one of the many reasons we went down.

Watford got promoted with 6 loan players if I remember correctly. It is not the utilisation on the loan market that's the problem, it's the quality of the players you bring in. The likes of Hendrie and Byrne simply weren't good enough. It was extremely poor recruitment.

If Mowbary uses the loan market to bring in players with quality I wouldn't be too fussed.

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think its because:

"At L1 level his Ioan record is 1 in every two games. Quickish target man at 6.3, young at 23/24 to improve. "

Did you miss his loan spell at Gillingham in Lge 1 2015/16, his record there was 7 in 25 appearances according to Wiki.

Still could have a lot of room for improvement at his age and should have some good service from midfield in this team.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Mentioned this lad the other week, exactly the profile bill of signing we should be taking a risk upon in my opinion.

I thought the name sounded familiar, good shout 

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Honest question has Jason Lowe found a new club yet? Cant seem to find much on it or even linked with clubs...

Someone on here mentioned he might be going to Austria with WBA. Another poster also commented that a 'reason' why he has not signed with anyone yet could be to do with a final payment from Rovers that would be forfeited should he sign for anyone before the 1st of August. Not sure how true either are.

Other than that it might be cos he is crap and used to wages far above his station.

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Honest question has Jason Lowe found a new club yet? Cant seem to find much on it or even linked with clubs...

I've not seen anything to say he's signed for anyone, still free as far as I am aware.

He was linked with West Brom and Hull a few months back but neither have snapped him so far.

Cheers lads...he will do well to get a premier league team, can see him in the championship...im optimistic about this season while people were saying it be  nice to get more bodies in earlier I think there will be decent signings in the coming weeks, it seems there is a plan in place...

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Small squad?!? - It's tiny. We got rid of 12+ and have brought in to date 4. It's small. Yes there is time to add but you can't use that as a defence against it being small at the moment. And hey, it's not like Venkys have ever pulled the plug on funding or lied...

As for signing players in January, the damage may already be done with an understrength squad. Also it's a stupid idea to be reliant on rectifying problems in January - best way to solve them is not to let them occur,

Btw I totally agree with JHRover - we were utterly too reliant on loans last season. In fact a lot of the core team/players were loans. It gives us no stability or momentum to build and is one of the many reasons we went down.

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Who were these core team players you speak of??? Mowbray ended the season not starting many if any loan players

Raya

Mulgrew Ward Lenihan

Nyambe Williams

Lowe Guthrie Akpan

Bennett

Graham

Gallagher, Emnes, Hoban,  Joao made the odd start or sub apperance. 

Loan deals are crucial for teams in league one. I would be more than happy to see 3 or 4 Loan deals before the start of the season. 

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Mowbray has said he wants 8 signings this summer.

the squad isn't tiny if Mowbray gets his 8 signings and nobody leaves apart from Stokes. as long as Mowbray is happy with the squad and using the using the 23's squad to back up the first team then I will be happy. I have a lot of faith and believe in Mowbray and he will get it right.

Yeah last season we were too reliant on loans deals but this isn't the case with Mowbray this season. we are signings 6 loan players but looking for 2 loan players. last summer recruitment were poor.

we let Lowe, Guthrie, Akpan, Henley leave this summer, would anybody kept any of them apart from Guthrie?

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Get your metric system sorted out!

Feet and stones please for measurements.

Shall I set it to payments in shillings and farthings while i'm at it?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has said he wants 8 signings this summer.

the squad isn't tiny if Mowbray gets his 8 signings and nobody leaves apart from Stokes. as long as Mowbray is happy with the squad and using the using the 23's squad to back up the first team then I will be happy. I have a lot of faith and believe in Mowbray and he will get it right.

Yeah last season we were too reliant on loans deals but this isn't the case with Mowbray this season. we are signings 6 loan players but looking for 2 loan players. last summer recruitment were poor.

we let Lowe, Guthrie, Akpan, Henley leave this summer, would anybody kept any of them apart from Guthrie?

Yeah agree there Chaddy,obviously Stokes will go,but Mowbury said last week  there were 2 players who really didn't want to play league 1,didn't mention names,just said Graham was not one of them,pretty certain it's Stokes and Mulgrew,I do expect both to go before start of season,but plenty of faith in Mowbray to sort replacements.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets not forget there is still 7 weeks left of the transfer window, so you seriously need to calm down and have some faith in Mowbray and his recruitment team.

If we signed this striker and Caddis that will be 16 outfield players with a couple of loans to come in from PL clubs as Mowbray has previously said. Hopeful a striker and pacey winger will be these 2 loan players. we are only talking of 2 loan players not 6 loan players like last season so I don't understand you comments about having to rely on loan players if Stokes is gone from the club then I would imagine he will be replaced plus his wages will be off the wage bill.

our current squad is

Gk's - Raya Steele

Def's- Nyambe Caddis Lenihan Ward Mulgrew Wharton Williams

Mid's- Bennett Feeney Smallwood Whittingham Tomlinson Evans Conway Gladwin Dack new pacey loan winger

Att's - Graham New striker new loan striker

so that's would be a squad of 22 players with Mowbray able to use Fisher as 3rd choice keeper or Doyle or Travis as a back up full back. If Mowbray has the confidence in the under 23;s players to back up the squad then we have to trust him. I have include Caddis in the squad as I think we will sign after the Austria trip which he has gone on. I haven't included Stokes as I think he will be gone shortly. Most of the squad above will be in Austria apart from the 2 loan players as this striker will go there when he signs. I would be tempt to bring in another striker but we are only playing 1 up front then it could be wasted signing,

Don't know a lot about the player apart he went on loan at Ipswich last season

Thanks for that info

Just shows we have a very small squad. 

What do we do if Williams is injured?

What suggests Mowbray is after a pacy winger?

Also, in regards to Nixon, if hes got a Coyle based agenda, which may be true, why do you still ask him so many questions?

17 minutes ago, unsall said:

Yeah agree there Chaddy,obviously Stokes will go,but Mowbury said last week  there were 2 players who really didn't want to play league 1,didn't mention names,just said Graham was not one of them,pretty certain it's Stokes and Mulgrew,I do expect both to go before start of season,but plenty of faith in Mowbray to sort replacements.

It's Lenihan and Mulgrew that don't want to play in League 1.

17 minutes ago, unsall said:

Did Mowbray say this during the business's Q and A? 

I think.Stokes will go but unsure on Mulgrew tbh cos I think Mowbray might be able to convince him to stay for 1 season. 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

How good is your source on that?As i read on here that Lenihan has said he would like to stay

Mowbray said it at the shareholders meeting apparently, he also said that he told Lenihan that he isn't going anywhere.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just shows we have a very small squad. 

What do we do if Williams is injured?

What suggests Mowbray is after a pacy winger?

Also, in regards to Nixon, if hes got a Coyle based agenda, which may be true, why do you still ask him so many questions?

We can play Mulgrew or Caddis or Doyle at left back. 

We need pace in the side. Mowbray has said we need pace to play on Counter attack when playing away from home. 

Ask him so many question now? Really? Not really these days..he wasnt about happy when Coyle was sacked or the lack of investment in January or Senior appointment. 

During Coyle's reign we use to talk alot of issues about Rovers and behind the scenes through DM's on twitter. 

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

It's Lenihan and Mulgrew that don't want to play in League 1.

Heard Lenihan wants to stay and play For Mowbray. Thats from a couple of ppl who are decent sources of info

Archived