SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, JacknOry said:

That's about it though - it could be any other striker in world football that we're signing.

That's the point I was making haha! If it is Samuel then I'd be happy with that, kid has real potential and will learn a lot playing alongside someone like Graham. 

I fully agree that relying on u23s as first teamers would be suicide, but I'm a little perplexed at people seemingly being aghast at the possibility of the likes of Tomlinson, Hardcastle, Doyle, Rankin-Costello, Mansell, and/or Travis potentially appearing on the bench on occasion.

1) What exactly has our Academy been doing with all its excellent facilities and Category 1 funding if it's top prospects aren't even capable of making a League 1 bench if needed? Surely one of our advantages in this division is we should have youth depth like no other.

2) Haven't we all been moaning about the Academy lads not getting a chance at all while our first team flailed about these past couple years? Granted a lot of that was about Mahoney, and Nyambe had his rocky moments, but are the players mentioned above suddenly not up to scratch? (That's not entirely a rhetorical question as I'd fully welcome some reviews from those who've watched the u23s more. I recall tepid reviews of Mansell, but are the rest all that bad? Why the sudden negativity?)

(Having said that, I absolutely do hope Mowbray will be bringing in the 2 signings + 2 loans he is talking about. The current squad is unquestionably bare at the moment.)

• Backroom

Few Reading fans on twitter seem disappointing he'd be sold for that price whilst others saying it's time for him to move on 

36 minutes ago, Tom said:

Few Reading fans on twitter seem disappointing he'd be sold for that price whilst others saying it's time for him to move on 

Think they'll definitely be putting a sizeable sell on fee on him if they do end up selling him too us. Think this kid has potential to develop into a top player, if I was Samuel I'd be looking at the likes of Duffy Hanley King Gestede Cairney and thinking that Rovers is a club where he can flourish. As long as we get the best out of him while he's here that will do for me. 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You come on here to reply to me. Thats you ever do. Stalker alert!

It's only banter Chaddy, keep the transfer gossip flowing it saves me having to look it up while I'm at work 

54 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

I fully agree that relying on u23s as first teamers would be suicide, but I'm a little perplexed at people seemingly being aghast at the possibility of the likes of Tomlinson, Hardcastle, Doyle, Rankin-Costello, Mansell, and/or Travis potentially appearing on the bench on occasion.

1) What exactly has our Academy been doing with all its excellent facilities and Category 1 funding if it's top prospects aren't even capable of making a League 1 bench if needed? Surely one of our advantages in this division is we should have youth depth like no other.

2) Haven't we all been moaning about the Academy lads not getting a chance at all while our first team flailed about these past couple years? Granted a lot of that was about Mahoney, and Nyambe had his rocky moments, but are the players mentioned above suddenly not up to scratch? (That's not entirely a rhetorical question as I'd fully welcome some reviews from those who've watched the u23s more. I recall tepid reviews of Mansell, but are the rest all that bad? Why the sudden negativity?)

(Having said that, I absolutely do hope Mowbray will be bringing in the 2 signings + 2 loans he is talking about. The current squad is unquestionably bare at the moment.)

If we were still in the championship we would be loaning out the likes of Tomlinson,Doyle etc to league 1 /2 clubs so why not have them on our bench

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Simon Church training with Hibs. What does that mean for Stokes? 

Hopefully it means they aren't wasting money on paying him off or loaning him to Hibs virtually free. Release him with 6 months pay take it or leave it or make him earn his money either here with a threat to rip up his contract if he doesn't adhere to it or loan somewhere else.

Sooner they take a stance on these dodgy deals and waster players the sooner their scumbag agents will try and stitch up some other suckers.

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hopefully it means they aren't wasting money on paying him off or loaning him to Hibs virtually free. Release him with 6 months pay take it or leave it or make him earn his money either here with a threat to rip up his contract if he doesn't adhere to it or loan somewhere else.

Sooner they take a stance on these dodgy deals and waster players the sooner their scumbag agents will try and stitch up some other suckers.

Did he actually go to that thing you suggested? I tried finding a link or tweet...

3 hours ago, unsall said:

Yeah agree there Chaddy,obviously Stokes will go,but Mowbury said last week  there were 2 players who really didn't want to play league 1,didn't mention names,just said Graham was not one of them,pretty certain it's Stokes and Mulgrew,I do expect both to go before start of season,but plenty of faith in Mowbray to sort replacements.

Everybody saying Lenihan is one and openly telling people he wants away

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Couldn't see any of Dom Samuel either.

I doubt they'd be publishing pictures of players under contract with other clubs even if he was there.

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Stokes not in any of the Austria pictures

He stopped in the hotel bar.

Reading between the lines my view is Lenighan wants to leave .. The 2 bids from Sheffield Utd are made public .. Lenighan tells Rovers he doesn't want to play league 1 football ... The valuation of £5m is "released" .. Queue Mowbray saying he wants him to stay but every player has a price .. That's basically him put up for sale then

Archived