BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Somebodies made some wedge getting him here on that contract and I bet this was the plan all along. Go in there on a 3 year deal, stick around for a year and we will get you back to Hibs when the legal stuff has quietened down. All the while shafting the club for money.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
18 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tre Pemberton who was released by us has signed for Stoke - he could play us in the Checkatrade!

I was surprised we let him go, one of the more talented group imo.

14 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Stokes is as good as gone...he wants Hibs but his wages at Rovers are preventing him joining them...he is apparently earning £8k per week at Rovers 

Hibs can only offer him £4k per week he wants Rovers to pay him up to cover the short fall 

so it will happen but first the pay off will need to be agreed 

Reading that makes me wonder why I bother with football anymore.

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Venky's/Useless managers never learn.

Still needing to pay off complete waste of spaces like Stokes.

Which is why i'm glad we've steered away from the likes of Lambert despite some clamouring for him. It was set to be this seasons Wes Brown in all likelihood.

Stokes is a bad egg and I have it on good authority that he is trying to force a move back to Scotland where he goes back to at every opportunity. It appears an impasse has been reached but there will only be one winner here. Stokes will force a move by hook or by crook and it will cost us a lot of money.

Just now, JacknOry said:

I think Feeney might actually prove useful this year. Steele on the other hand.

My worry is that if Steele is still here then Mowbray will start him as number 1 ahead of Raya and no way will Steele want to be a number 2 at a league one club even though that's probably all he is good for.

Just now, islander200 said:

My worry is that if Steele is still here then Mowbray will start him as number 1 ahead of Raya and no way will Steele want to be a number 2 at a league one club even though that's probably all he is good for.

There is that. I am hopeful that Raya's spell at number 1 was enough to convince TM that its his spot to lose now. Raya will benefit from a full season in the sticks at this level. Id get rid of Steele if a buyer could be found and possibly look at bringing an adequate number 2 in.

14 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Maybe Fat Barry is auctioning off one of his gold chains to pay for the deal? Would explain the hold up. 

I seen something online which suggested that the hold up could be down to rovers and reading  negotiating a sell on clause

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Coyle knew what he was getting. He was part of the arrangement to get Stokes a job on big money, knowing that large financial claims were likely to arise against Stokes.

Whether Stokes played or not was irrelevant.

Imo.

We got Mulgrew in a similar manner, yet no one complains about that or comes up with conspiracy. Stokes looked like a decent signing. It just turns out that he is a bigger and more useless lump than anyone knew. I bet Stokes had other offers at the time and that we offered the longer deal to get him to sign. Terrible signing, but no shadowy conspiracy. 

55 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Any rumours of clubs interested in the likes of Steele and Feeney?

I would keep Feeney. He looked lively against Barrow(can't believe I am writing that as a plus for a Rovers player, Jesus..) 

Who would be number 2 if Steele goes? I can see him going cheaply to free up wages. I wouldn't mind keeping him. It's good to have competition for Number 1

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We got Mulgrew in a similar manner, yet no one complains about that or comes up with conspiracy. Stokes looked like a decent signing. It just turns out that he is a bigger and more useless lump than anyone knew. I bet Stokes had other offers at the time and that we offered the longer deal to get him to sign. Terrible signing, but no shadowy conspiracy. 

There is no chance Stokes was offered so much for so long anywhere else. So why us....again, and again and again.

If he was, well, as the saying goes put up or ;)....

Anyway I'm a fully paid up member of the 'Pro-Conspiracy Party' :D

Feeney's pace will be no more of an asset in League One than it was last year if he keeps playing the wrong ball or hitting  poor crosses.

Which was the game he was clean through and tried to square it instead of going for goal?  Fast but no end product  unfortunately. 

I'm surprised we aren't holding more trials to be honest. An ideal situation to bring in some young cheap kids released by PL clubs or from the continent to give them the once over. 

25 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Have to agree with some above. Despite his end product, Feeney is a must keep in a team devoid of pace.

It makes me smile when people say "we need a pacey winger"  When We have one in Feeney 

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Ok, we need a good pacey winger.

We need two pacy wingers!  Pace worries defenders full stop.   Some quick players have little end product but they can cause a back line to sit deep and relieve pressure  as well as freeing up space for others.  A good squad should have this in their locker.    

Archived