BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We need two pacy wingers!  Pace worries defenders full stop.   Some quick players have little end product but they can cause a back line to sit deep and relieve pressure  as well as freeing up space for others.  A good squad should have this in their locker.    

Definitely need pace out wide.

I was kinda joking about Feeney but in reality, he's not that great.

If he uses his pace correctly then he could be a handy player but he's done very little so far.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

That the LB? Parsons suggested he wasn't great and had trials at Fleetwood and Barnsley pre-hand.

Winger wasn't he? 

On Feeney, I've no issue with keeping him as we need numbers.

Its the people thinking he is sudddenly going to rip teams apart that baffle me just because he's now in league one. He may push teams back-lines back but he's still not going to be a good footballer. 

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

On Feeney, I've no issue with keeping him as we need numbers.

Its the people thinking he is sudddenly going to rip teams apart that baffle me just because he's now in league one. He may push teams back-lines back but he's still not going to be a good footballer. 

If you're talking about me - i only said i think he will be useful this year. In fact I dont think anyone has said he will rip the league apart.

4 minutes ago, renrag said:

THEORETICAL 

Put him on gardening leave for 2 years banning him from Ewood and Brockhall. Hopefully, his and Lennon's bluff is called and a last minute transfer deal negotiated, which costs less than having to pay around 60% of his wages whilst on loan. After all if he did go on loan, it could only be a maximum of 12 months and would bring it back to square one in a years time

This !

Despicable human being (and whoever else is involved) who is probably laughing at stealing a 3 year contract. He then wants to leave, is disruptive and will then pick up a new contract somewhere else - essentially being paid twice for the same amount of time

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Blackburn teenager Tre Pemberton signs for Stoke. Comments?

Very disappointing !  thought Tre a small lad, but tricky with a great attitude could have progressed here yet when I, hear that Larry Graysons lad has had a contract extension then you know we are being run by @#/?wits.

Good luck Tre !

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Despicable human being (and whoever else is involved) who is probably laughing at stealing a 3 year contract. He then wants to leave, is disruptive and will then pick up a new contract somewhere else - essentially being paid twice for the same amount of time

He's also destined to end his career in a couple of years after Hibs get rid at a small club on very small wages and being totally skint himself having blown everything he's that type. Look up his name in the bankruptcy courts in a few years it'll be there as well as a few more court fines for drunken antics.

Typical prick living the dream with no idea what comes next in a few years time, see where his agent mates are then !

54 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's also destined to end his career in a couple of years after Hibs get rid at a small club on very small wages and being totally skint himself having blown everything he's that type. Look up his name in the bankruptcy courts in a few years it'll be there as well as a few more court fines for drunken antics.

Typical prick living the dream with no idea what comes next in a few years time, see where his agent mates are then !

I feckin hope so!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

This transfer seems to slowed down, on Tuesday the same LT reporter said on twitter the transfer was imminent and thought it would take place whilst he was in the air between Manchester and Salzburg. Now we are "trying to win the race for his signature". The whole article has no quotes from anybody at the club. 

Just find it strange we have gone from imminent signing to trying to win the race.

21 minutes ago, cesus said:

This transfer seems to slowed down, on Tuesday the same LT reporter said on twitter the transfer was imminent and thought it would take place whilst he was in the air between Manchester and Salzburg. Now we are "trying to win the race for his signature". The whole article has no quotes from anybody at the club. 

Just find it strange we have gone from imminent signing to trying to win the race.

Call me cynical but it's strange how everything has slowed down after the ST deadline... Now we await the last minute departures 

It is worrying that this transfer is dragging on after it looked to be very close. Best case scenario the news of him coming here broke too soon and other clubs got involved. Worst case venkys. 

I see James Vaughan is off to Sunderland from Bury. Didn't we nearly sign him as Gestedes replacement? Big move for him at a reletivley late point in his career 

59 minutes ago, cesus said:

Could be the player and his agent are dragging it out a bit in the hope of luring in a bid from a championship club too.

• Backroom

Feel it will be today or never with this one, Mowbray clearly thought it was close at weekend.

Nixon yesterday said something minor was holding it up but Sharpes article makes it seem further away but reads more like a placeholder based on the fact he's clearly going to leave Reading 

Archived