SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

"Had a few pints with a Blackburn season ticket holder tonight. He really rates Lowe and is disappointed he is leaving. Said he would command a £7m fee in today's market and is a typical Pulis player."

Who the F was he having a pint with? ?

Lol.

23 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

"Had a few pints with a Blackburn season ticket holder tonight. He really rates Lowe and is disappointed he is leaving. Said he would command a £7m fee in today's market and is a typical Pulis player."

Ayee thenk you

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Was that really you? Lowe wouldn't cost £7m if he was made of gold.

Still our best midfielder last season, mind.

Saying he was our best midfielder last season is just as stupid as saying he's worth £7m, both just wrong.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Conway, Bennett, Guthrie, Akpan, Feeney, essentially every midfielder that played regularly.

....and you called my comment stupid. :rolleyes:

One could make a case for Bennett or Guthrie, but not a particularly convincing one. Unless you'd like to try, rather than just listing players? If not I stand by my original assessment with the caveat that the bar was very low...or Lowe.

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

....and you called my comment stupid. :rolleyes:

One could make a case for Bennett or Guthrie, but not a particularly convincing one. Unless you'd like to try, rather than just listing players? If not I stand by my original assessment with the caveat that the bar was very low...or Lowe.

I'm sorry but if you think Lowe was our best midfielder, your judgement leaves a lot to be desired. He was among our worst, and even if you feel that's harsh, Bennett was at the very least FAR superior.

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Sheff Utd back in for Lenihan according to twitter. 2m. 

A player we should be looking to keep if we're at all ambitious. Apart from anything else, he could well be worth more than that if we manage to get promoted again.

Just now, Mike E said:

I'm sorry but if you think Lowe was our best midfielder, your judgement leaves a lot to be desired. He was among our worst, and even if you feel that's harsh, Bennett was at the very least FAR superior.

Don't be sorry. Bennett played well in a couple of games at the end of the season. Our midfield was awful all season. Lowe was the best of a very bad lot. It isn't an accolade.

5 minutes ago, den said:

A player we should be looking to keep if we're at all ambitious. Apart from anything else, he could well be worth more than that if we manage to get promoted again.

Enough to cover the new signing then bring in the Reading lad, add ons will still find their way into pockets in future. No brainer for this lot.

• Backroom

I actually think 2m is a good price for Lenihan but in the real world we know the money is no good to us in a Venky pocket 

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

I actually think 2m is a good price for Lenihan but in the real world we know the money is no good to us in a Venky pocket 

I would try for 2m plus BIg Jimmy Hanson and get Lenihan out. Big Jim will do the business for us,

8 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Who the F was he having a pint with? ?

Lowe's dad?

5 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Lenihan is alright. 3m would be great money for him, if Mowbray actually gets it.

I think Ward and Mulgrew is fine for this league.

So we are keeping Mulgrew are we? Or will we lose both?

Just now, 47er said:

So we are keeping Mulgrew are we? Or will we lose both?

We'll lose Lenihan and Mulgrew, Ward will get a serious injury the day after the window closes and Fraserkirky will be on BRFCS confused as to why we don't have any centre backs. 

I'd love to find out who this ST holder was that claimed Lowe was worth 7 mil and was our best player :lol: Probably thinks Steele should be in the England squad as well.

Lenihan will go. The campaign is coming along just as planned.

6 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

I think Ward and Mulgrew is fine for this league.

...for the few games they'll be fit enough to play together. We'll need Lenihan for the other 40.

But if they get £3m for Lenihan and re-invest in 3 or 4 talented young League 1'ers who can become good Championship players then it might be worth doing. One of them would have to be a new Lenihan though;)

Archived