SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bluefred said:

According to bbc website Cardiff could be releasing Anthony Pilkington.

If true we should be all over this.

Good player and local lad but we have other priorities at the minute like some strikers and a bit of pace.

26 minutes ago, Dacky said:

^^^^

Has this guy ever been banned or even warned? He's the most obnoxious antagonistic poster on here. May be brown nosing somebody.

Stick around Dacky - give it 8 years or so of dealing with some folk. You don't know the half of it.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Jeez, Chris, that's such a weak underarm throw and so far away from the stumps that I'll not even bother swinging. #airshotavoided

what the point trying to reason with a fan with such an arrogant ego its untrue. You aren't happy unless someone is doing what you want or agreeing with you.

So I will take it you haven't renewed your season ticket then.

You think protesting will work and that's fine while I have opposite view cos they don't work and wont force Venkys out of owning Blackburn Rovers.

I am looking forward to the season under Mowbray leadership and seeing where can take us. I am going to watch this week pre season games aswell so.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

I'm not going to apologise Stuart for being optimistic.  If you can't be optimistic at the start of a season there really is no point going.  Of course I may be disappointed - won't be the first time.  As you say it's all part of the ebb and flow of football.  I think the fact that Venky's continue to prosper tells you everything you need to know about where they are coming from.  Blackburn Rovers is simply one part of a business empire that is prospering and clearly, although it does little to help the standing of the club, they have found away of making owning this club work for them in a business sense.  Are they interested in football? - no.  Are they going to put vast amounts of money into the club? - no.  Whatever we achieve next season will be due to the efforts of Mowbray, his staff and the players.  It will be achieved despite the owners not because of them.  I know all that before I renew my season ticket but continue to do so because I enjoy supporting and following this club.   Irrespective of the division my friends and I and many others will continue to support the club because its something we enjoy.  I assume you enjoy it too otherwise why bother going and why bother spending time on this forum.    

Do I think marching up and down Bolton Road shouting "Venky's Out" is going to change anything - no.  Do I think that the Venky empire is going to crumble if I hold up a red card - no.  Do I believe that walking in late and leaving a game early is going to drive them away - no.  Clearly you do, which is fair enough and good luck to you with that.  There are lots of different opinions about our present situation and responses to the owners vary from individual to individual.  I know folk who still believe that the owners are doing a decent job despite everything we have seen over the past seven years.  Others believe they will put it right.  I subscribe to neither view.  Personally, I believe that they are here simply because it is working for them financially in some way and that they will only leave when it doesn't.

As I've said before, the only decision I can make is whether to renew my season ticket or not and that is something I'm happy to do.  Yes, I'm looking forward to the pre-season games and the opener at Southend and I'm not going to apologise for that.  

very good post and I agree with.

Agree on your post on the protests and renewing season ticket.,

I don't think protesting will change venkys mind about owning us. It might have done if earlier protests had been better supported but that's water under the bridge now. I do think that protests keep people aware that our owners are incompetent if not crooked and show that we are not happy with their ownership. For me that's the point of any protests now: to show our discontent with our owners has not abated. And as you know, for a great number of reasons, I have not renewed my ST. 

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what the point trying to reason with a fan with such an arrogant ego its untrue. You aren't happy unless someone is doing what you want or agreeing with you.

So I will take it you haven't renewed your season ticket then.

You think protesting will work and that's fine while I have opposite view cos they don't work and wont force Venkys out of owning Blackburn Rovers.

I am looking forward to the season under Mowbray leadership and seeing where can take us. 

very good post and I agree with.

Agree on your post on the protests and renewing season ticket.,

somehow many on here thought you would agree with PB  your like a nazi collaborator chaddy..just look at your Mowbray comment it wasn't that long ago you wanted Mowbray nowhere near Ewood..if you was in France at the end of the war you'd have your head shaved like a true collabartor....although I agree with you on Mowbray taking us somewhere..HE TOOK US DOWN

49 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Stick around Dacky - give it 8 years or so of dealing with some folk. You don't know the half of it.

I've been viewing for some years, and you are a unpleasant individual. That others have been banned ahead of yourself, accused of the usual 'trolling' default excuse from certain mods, is just wrong. You must be in with old nick or something.

10 hours ago, Biz said:

If you'd read the previous paragraph you'dve seen that I actually said the same about any fee being fully reinvested.

Which,of course, past conduct tells us it won't be. So, because it won't be, its pointless to raise it.

9 minutes ago, Dacky said:

I've been viewing for some years, and you are a unpleasant individual. That others have been banned ahead of yourself, accused of the usual 'trolling' default excuse from certain mods, is just wrong. You must be in with old nick or something.

Nowhere near  as unpleasant as that Saxo individual ..what do you think  Dacky ?

17 minutes ago, Dacky said:

Utter rubbish.

Sorry guys but could we please get back to the purpose of this thread and discuss transfers instead of slagging each other off.  At the end of the day we are all on the same side, we may have views but we are all supporters of Blackburn Rovers.  Some of the recent posts are so depressing.

There, had my say.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Utter rubbish.

Agree. Tad bit harsh. I don't agree with alot of what he says but he's entitled to his own opinion & I think his intentions are sincere although misguided in my own opinion. The post below yours encapsulates what I feel alot of the time.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I don't think protesting will change venkys mind about owning us. It might have done if earlier protests had been better supported but that's water under the bridge now. I do think that protests keep people aware that our owners are incompetent if not crooked and show that we are not happy with their ownership. For me that's the point of any protests now: to show our discontent with our owners has not abated. And as you know, for a great number of reasons, I have not renewed my ST. 

To be honest nobody else cares either way

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

somehow many on here thought you would agree with PB  your like a nazi collaborator chaddy..just look at your Mowbray comment it wasn't that long ago you wanted Mowbray nowhere near Ewood..if you was in France at the end of the war you'd have your head shaved like a true collabartor....although I agree with you on Mowbray taking us somewhere..HE TOOK US DOWN

:wacko:

1 hour ago, Dacky said:

You clearly haven't been viewing for some years to come to that conclusion.

Sadly, this site is becoming overrun by the likes of you and those who 'liked' your obnoxious post. Goodbye.

Bit quiet on that front I don't think many clubs will be doing business over the weekend seems to quieten down I'm hoping there will be some activity Monday onwards & some of the speculation can progress into odd signings with already doing business early don't think there's any mad panic although still short IMO.

Archived