BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Was speaking to Jacob Murphy last week and he Was saying that TM knows what he wants and Will not take anything other than 100% from his players. He got Coventry playing the attacking Football he wanted and as soon as they started dropping in form he would have no time for them. Reckons we have the best manager in the league and as long as he gets the players he wants we will fly in league one. Tried persuading him Rovers would be a better option than Newcastle. Guess this is why I am not a filthy rich agent. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Your most recent says hi

image.png

I wouldn't let Dianne slip through my fingers pal, but I'd deal with amicable "mutual consent". Besides, shes about a million times more attractive than Theresa May, but that discussion isn't a pre-watershed or transfer related! :)

4 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Reckons we have the best manager in the league and as long as he gets the players he wants we will fly in league one. Tried persuading him Rovers would be a better option than Newcastle. Guess this is why I am not a filthy rich agent. 

Jacob Murphy is probably a level or two above what we could realistically attract at current, if it's the player I'm thinking of. Ex Norwich? 

7 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Was speaking to Jacob Murphy last week and he Was saying that TM knows what he wants and Will not take anything other than 100% from his players. He got Coventry playing the attacking Football he wanted and as soon as they started dropping in form he would have no time for them. Reckons we have the best manager in the league and as long as he gets the players he wants we will fly in league one. Tried persuading him Rovers would be a better option than Newcastle. Guess this is why I am not a filthy rich agent. 

Which all sounds great but, whilst I don't want to rain on the parade, it's a fact that Mowbray left Coventry at the bottom League One.

Clearly, he's a decent guy, and he has had some success during his managerial career, (although not of that was recent).

We can but hope he can start to refloat a sunken ship.

1 minute ago, Biz said:

I wouldn't let Dianne slip through my fingers pal, but I'd deal with amicable "mutual consent". Besides, shes about a million times more attractive than Theresa May, but that discussion isn't a pre-watershed or transfer related! :)

Jacob Murphy is probably a level or two above what we could realistically attract at current, if it's the player I'm thinking of. Ex Norwich? 

Off to Newcastle for £12m

1 minute ago, Biz said:

Yeah that's him. Top lad. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

Off to Newcastle for £12m

Just a step out of our range then? :) 

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Which all sounds great but, whilst I don't want to rain on the parade, it's a fact that Mowbray left Coventry at the bottom League One.

Clearly, he's a decent guy, and he has had some success during his managerial career, (although not of that was recent).

We can but hope he can start to refloat a sunken ship.

Didn't the second season involve a squad based on loans? Bit like ours last year but worse? Not making excuses for TM, I just recall Cov going through a really tough few years, moving ground etc.

I'd be approaching CPFC for Jonny Williams always loaning him out (mostly championship though) very injury prone though. It's one of them nothing ventured. Definitely needs game time can't seem him getting a looking in there. Cracking midfielder at this level if he can overcome his problems.

25 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

I'd be approaching CPFC for Jonny Williams always loaning him out (mostly championship though) very injury prone though. It's one of them nothing ventured. Definitely needs game time can't seem him getting a looking in there. Cracking midfielder at this level if he can overcome his problems.

Are we not overloaded a bit in midfield?The squad needs balancing we havev1 striker?Jonny Williams would expect to be starting week in week out,we have signed Dack to play behind the striker or attacking midfield.Not saying Dack is better than Williams by the way,I don't know if he is or isn't but we spent 750k on Dack hardly to sit on the bench

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Are we not overloaded a bit in midfield?The squad needs balancing we havev1 striker?Jonny Williams would expect to be starting week in week out,we have signed Dack to play behind the striker or attacking midfield.Not saying Dack is better than Williams by the way,I don't know if he is or isn't but we spent 750k on Dack hardly to sit on the bench

I know all this but people can be versatile. To be honest it was just a mere suggestion more realistic than messi. It's a difficult market it's frustrating because we are lacking in certain departments when it's all done & dusted I'm sure we can all settle easier. Right now a striker should surely be a priority.

10 minutes ago, Dacky said:

We are signing Samuel and loaning Armstrong. Thats my opinion. Forget Nixon.

Nixon is still adamant we are signing Samuel, he says the issue is the commission the agents are getting for the deal is what's holding it up. Must be an argument with his old and new agency, I was thinking that we wouldn't be offering much comission but then I remembered our owners love a paying a big juicy agents fee, Fabio Nunes and Ruben Rochina style. 

Since we signed Jordan Rhodes in the summer of 2012, we've paid fees for the following players:

Tom Cairney, Rudy Gestede, Corry Evans, Ben Marshall, Derek Williams, Jason Steele, Elliott Ward, Elliott Bennett and Bradley Dack. Any others I've missed?

I reckon between them above Steele, Ward and Bennett were nominal fees as their ex clubs were keen to get shut of them and their contracts were close to expiry. It wouldn't be a surprise if they were actually free transfers with Rovers picking up the remainder of their wages.

Now that in itself is bad enough, for a club that has supposed billionaire owners determined to right the wrongs of their wretched time at the club and supposedly aiming for promotion.

We then come round to the uncomfortable truth that this figure has been oustripped, many times over, by monies paid out in severance packages. Be it Henning Berg, Michael Appleton, their coaching staff, Leon Best, Dickson Etuhu, DJ Campbell - the list goes on - millions out of the club whilst Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle and now Mowbray have had to wheel and deal on limited funds (if any).

The Stokes one is arguably the biggest disgrace of the lot. Why? Because for the last few years certain people have been playing the card that Venkys have learned lessons, that they have been getting things sorted out, that the club couldn't repeat those costly mistakes. Yet the last 12 months - hiring/firing Coyle and his mates and dishing out a 3 year contract to Stokes only to pay him off after 1 season - is straight back to what we had in 2012. 

Anyone could have seen this coming last summer and most of us did. Same with Coyle and his mob. Yet our esteemed owners and their friends running the club couldn't and it has cost them and the club god knows how many more millions of debt, and a disastrous relegation which we might not recover from.

We must be unique in world football that over the last 5 years we have spent more on pay offs and severance packages than we have on strengthening the squad and improving the club. I've no real idea how much Stokes is on here but I'd guess at least £10k per week. 2 years remaining on his deal = £1 million in wages alone. If we're paying him off in full then where's that cash coming from and how does it impact upon Mowbray's transfer funds whilst we DESPERATELY need more bodies and strikers ahead of a 'promotion push'?

We were told bids were in and to expect two signings in next couple of days, we were then told Samuel would be in before going to Austria, we were then told he would be in by Monday...Monday has passed and we still have a semi-fit Graham as our only striker. 80 goals needed this season, no chance at this rate if we only have 1 guy who will be lucky to play half our games this season up front. We need 2 more strikers now.

12 hours ago, LDRover said:

I'm fresh out of rehab after you telling us all to relax and enjoy the football late last season.....

Good to hear from you again btw

Did re-hab work because I still feel like I want to do him physical harm.

(joking)

11 hours ago, meadows said:

It's "over the top" to hope the team does well and the club doesn't make a loss on player transfers? What would you prefer? We blow a fortune and still don't come back up? 

Sadly I think nothing would make some people happier.  

And talk along the lines of "well this season doesn't count even if we get promoted....." is just bizarre. 

Well you are a difficult customer. The "over the top" part of your post was about doom-mongering and accusing others of "unwarranted speculation". 

Wrongly assuming my comments referred to another part of your post has allowed you to accuse me of not wanting Rovers to do well! A smear I do not deserve.

As to the substantive part of your post about hoping we make a profit on transfers, I asked "why" and of course you have ignored it.

After years of selling off our best players, it's about time Venkys put something back isn't? Shares up massively and all that!

I think we can safely say that the majority of posters on here do want to see their beloved blue and white Rovers to do well, even though the passion sometimes leads to expressions and viewpoints that seem negative and focused firmly upon the distasteful realities of being owned by a bunch of invisible uncaring and incompetent bufoons.

Suffice it so say that it is results that count. Should there be a winning (or losing) streak early on in our League 1 adventure, that is the only reality that matters to the Blackburn Rovers Fanatic - what we see on here is merely the rigmarole reflecting results.

Win well, win dirty. Just don't lose. Nobody celebrates losing.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Well you are a difficult customer. The "over the top" part of your post was about doom-mongering and accusing others of "unwarranted speculation". 

Wrongly assuming my comments referred to another part of your post has allowed you to accuse me of not wanting Rovers to do well! A smear I do not deserve.

As to the substantive part of your post about hoping we make a profit on transfers, I asked "why" and of course you have ignored it.

After years of selling off our best players, it's about time Venkys put something back isn't? Shares up massively and all that!

So after selling c25 mill of players in last 2 years and seeing only 1 million spent in signing two whilst a fair share of the rest of it plus it's add on's was/will be spewed away on yet more pay offs for players, managers, coaches, director and not forgetting the agents cuts in all that which conveniently continue to flow out despite the so called period of austerity, we should be happy because there is a net gain in transfers ?

Is that what we are being told ? 

10 hours ago, Baz said:

Possibly.

Worrying though when a player is changing agent at the time his move is held up, that there is some influence by the club on whom his agent is. Seen a few clubs accused of this before.

did this not happen with a player at bolton a few years back and it dragged on through court for a few years think it might have been gavin mccann

6 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

did this not happen with a player at bolton a few years back and it dragged on through court for a few years think it might have been gavin mccann

Guess who was involved in that :blink:

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So after selling c25 mill of players in last 2 years and seeing only 1 million spent in signing two whilst a fair share of the rest of it plus it's odd on's was/will be spewed away on yet more pay offs for players, managers, coaches, director and not forgetting the agents cuts in all that which conveniently continue to flow out despite the so called period of austerity, we should be happy because there is a net gain in transfers ?

Is that what he's telling us ? 

apparently!

Archived