BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There's a difference in how clubs react to offers though. One way to react is to say no, tell them to stay away, tell them only a huge offer will be considered and there's no room for negotiation, offer Lenihan improved terms, give them a deadline beyond which no offer will be considered, as the damage to our promotion bid could be worth a lot more etc. The other is to reject the first bid but make it obvious there is a deal to be done and give them reason to come back with more. Rather than reject offers immediately out of hand go away and think about it, start reducing the asking price etc. 

Have Rovers told them that Lenihan is £5 million and not a penny less? If so then why are they bothering with a bid of £850,000? They are either stupid or know something....

I suspect the reason is because Sheffield United know full well that the £5 million figure is pie in the sky nonsense invented to appease supporters, and really the asking price is much lower, and that the people running Rovers - Venkys - Shadow Director - Cheston - are quite happy to do a deal at a much lower price.

I hope it isn't the case - but its happened many, many, many times over when we've heard ludicrous things in the press about asking prices only for a deal to be done at much less down the line.

Prediction time: this will rumble on and on for at least another 4 weeks. Eventually we'll see increased stuff in the Telegraph about him not wanting to play, not being committed to the club, or the other favourite that Mowbray is prepared to let him go to bolster his transfer fund. Then he'll go at the last minute, but unfortunately for us and Mowbray whatever fee we do get won't be reinvested properly. Haven't we seen it before?

Lenihan coming out and saying he doesn't want to move would do the job 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Garage Flower said:

How do we know he doesn't want to move? Might well be glad to leave for all we know.

Footballers are renowned for their brains but if he has half of one he'll be walking to Sheffield to push a move through.

If we have the reading guy I will be pretty happy with that. Mowbray is signing players he knows like Caddis (Who i wanted last season), Samuel and so forth. Just bring in a good winger and I will be pretty happy with the shape of the squad. 

• Backroom

I do wonder if something else is in the pipeline, seems Rich Sharpe was expecting movement but keeping quiet on it till it's done.

Samuel, Caddis and Joao would be awesome 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I do wonder if something else is in the pipeline, seems Rich Sharpe was expecting movement but keeping quiet on it till it's done.

Seems he expecting a couple of deals this week

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Wasn't that impressed with João last season. Too prone to showboat. Anyway why would he drop to League One?

Just now, neophox said:

Raya

Leninhan, Mulgrew, Williams

Bennett, Evans, Whittingham, Conway

Samuel, Graham, Dack

my start eleven At the moment..

Which ever team we play we'll have an incredibly strong bench for League 1! I'd go with

Raya

Lenihan Ward Mulgrew

Caddis Evans Whittingham Williams

Bennett              Dack

Graham

2 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Which ever team we play we'll have an incredibly strong bench for League 1! I'd go with

Raya

Lenihan Ward Mulgrew

Graham

Agree!! But wants Bennet in midfeld and Samuel in attack!

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Raya

Lenihan Ward Mulgrew

Graham

Raya

Lenihan Ward Mulgrew

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Conway

Dack

Caddis Graham

Archived