BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Still light up front in my opinion. Could do with a couple more options, one preferably with a record of scoring at this level, the other I'd settle for a kid with legs and promise.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pedro said:

We have fallen but we are assembling a side that is geared up for promotion, not relegation or mere survival. In this position, what more can be done?  Any thoughts of signing top, top players aren't realistic until two promotions.  Right now, I'm relieved with how we are finally being led by someone. 

The green shoots are there. Slowly but surely on a sensible footing. I'm hoping Burnley will go in freefall next season 2nd season syndrome.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Mike Pollitt. Groundsmam brother

Rovers back in for Micheal bostwick the defender from Peterborough, the bad news tho, Sheffield united have put a serious bid in for lenihan

Serious eh? So they were just 'having the crack' with the other bids? Groundsman's brother? Give it a rest pal.

Edit- Bloody hell, its a chaddy post. Are u sure?

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Mike Pollitt. Groundsmam brother

Rovers back in for Micheal bostwick the defender from Peterborough, the bad news tho, Sheffield united have put a serious bid in for lenihan

I thought Bostwick was a midfielder?

9 minutes ago, Baz said:

Didn't know Mowbray ran his transfer targets past the groundsmans brother. Seems totally logical.

Agreed. Haha. 

I just posted what he said without passing my own comment on it

5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Is this the same brother who said Lambert was signing?

Yes it is

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I think Lenihan is decent but no great shakes.  To be fair, from what I've seen of him, I think we have a replacement in Wharton.  Need to bring him through after his spell on loan.  If we spend a bit and Lenihan balances the books, then decent business IMO.

You can't keep selling your assets, esp an academy product. Sends out totally the wrong message that rovers are gone and will no longer be contenders.

Just now, Dacky said:

You can't keep selling your assets, esp an academy product. Sends out totally the wrong message that rovers are gone and will no longer be contenders.

Southampton have done it for decades!

Just now, Dacky said:

Not really.  If he is replaced by an academy player.  It shows that if you join our academy you have a good chance of progressing and establishing yourself.  Lets be honest 7 years ago, we'd have let the lad go for a nominal fee as he'd be no where near good enough for the first team

16 minutes ago, Dacky said:

You can in the grand scheme of things if it enables you to where you want to go. For some clubs it's a lifeline season after season developing & becoming feeder clubs. For the greater good though shouldn't be habitual after reaching a certain plateau depends if the strategy works it's a gamble.

Archived