BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I bet there's a few currently working out how to put a negative spin on that!

If you don't like the negative, moaning and arguing, perhaps stop goading them with posts like this.

On topic, if we can pull that off, it'll be a very good signing. Would like some permanent signings too if and when Hanley and our other better players go, so we're not in this position again when the loans finish. But, most realise we won't get any. Beggars can't be choosers.

Bertrand Traore would be one hell of a loan signing. Be mega surprised if we pulled that off, will bigger clubs ahead of us surely.

Is 8 million for Hanley ridiculous even in todays market? Tyrone Mings went from Ipswich to Bournemouth for 8 million last summer and he's only a year younger than Grant. I'd say thats about the going rate and you could argue Hanley being a full international should fetch slightly more.

Unless we can sign people for a full season or at least half season with view to full I really wouldn't bother no matter who they are. All this 1-3 month stuff is pointless.

I doubt it would be a short term one, especially with no emergency loan window. Coyle has been pretty vocal about us having enough till January.

Unless we can sign people for a full season or at least half season with view to full I really wouldn't bother no matter who they are. All this 1-3 month stuff is pointless.

On principle i would agree - in practice a genuinely decent player could lift the team and give us a boost up the table making future recruitment a little easier. The loan could also be extended but on different terms if the player is key to us but still way off the team at parent club.

I'm sorry but that story is mind boggling. A real head spinner. Why on earth would Sheffield Wednesday want to loan Jake Kean?

Why mind boggling?

Hanley is a 8 to 10 million pounds player in today's market. Neal has explained the reasons why

Sheff Wed want Kean as number 2 keeper for Westwood. As their former number 2 Lewis Price has signed for Rotherham.

We enquired about Traore last week as it does appear that Chelsea are looking to loan him out. However I would be amazed if some PL clubs do not come in for him as he is a very highly rated player. Fair play to Coyle for at least trying.

Chelsea will make a decision by the end of July.

• Backroom

Nixon said to No to the Traore rumour. I wasnt the person who asked just to let you all know

He also said Graham was down the list when it was clear he was our number one target.

Also didn't mention Stokes till it was announced elsewhere, he's hit and miss but at least has some hits now.

We enquired about Traore last week as it does appear that Chelsea are looking to loan him out. However I would be amazed if some PL clubs do not come in for him as he is a very highly rated player. Fair play to Coyle for at least trying.

OK Kamy. I'd listen to you before Nixon any day.

I don't know how to break this to you...

Most appropriate comment of the thread so far..

Traore would be great but it is a bit out there, then again the likes of Coyle and BFS have managed to pull them off before.

I wonder if he fits into the 1-2more loan signings from the EPL though..

Would not be surprised to see some Euro clubs in there as well.. very very good player, but then we already landed one who I am shocked was not chased by bigger clubs.

Hopefully Coyles work with Daniel Sturridge who he had on loan at Bolton will factor in to any loan attempt for Traore he would be a great loan.

Can't see it making a difference. When Coyle brought in those loans he goes on about, he was managing Premier League teams. I don't think playing some talented youngsters in the Prem a good few years ago will influence a club to loan to us over anyone else, no matter how much he yaps on about it.

As for Traore, all well and good enquiring but I'm not going to praise Coyle for asking the questions. He should be on the phone to every Prem club asking who they've got who is decent and should be looking to fill the positions where we are most in need.

Archived