BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

9 minutes ago, Dacky said:

Mowbray said no one to go. I trust the man.

No he didn't say that,he said the owners said he doesn't have to sell anyone,but also said everyone has a price,or in the case of Stokes he just wants rid,if Sheffield United come with silly money and Lenihan wants to go,he'll go,re Mulgrew I hope he can persuade him to give us another season,but wouldn't be surprised if he went,I also trust Mowbray,and think he'll have his replacements already on the radar,if they disappear,he does seem a proper manager and I feel pretty positive he will do the job.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Mike Pollitt. Groundsmam brother

Rovers back in for Micheal bostwick the defender from Peterborough, the bad news tho, Sheffield united have put a serious bid in for lenihan

In your usual bid to be seen as one of the faces down ewood, like a bit of a in the know guy, you coukd easily have put someones job at risk. Like he is spreading the gossip around. 

Lenihan can go for me, bog standard.

• Backroom
Just now, Dacky said:

Old school supporters aren't rovers future.

I know you're trying to sound profound, but the point is that we've been in a position where we've been penniless and our supporters rallied round to help because they trusted the board.

Venkys haven't done anything 'net positive' once. Their actions have always led to something worse for our club.

So far this summer is a dizzy height of positivity, but after 7 years, 2 relegation and 9 managers we're just waiting for them to kick our club in the nads once again. If we keep Lenihan and Mulgrew, I'll be pleasantly astonished.

1 hour ago, Dacky said:

Venkys have given us a fair budget and not sold anyone. Up to now, they've done all I ask of them.

This time last summer they hadn't sold anyone, had 'cleared out' the 'deadwood' by releasing a few and had sanctioned the signings of Graham, Feeney and Stokes. By the end of the window they'd butchered our defence, pocketed £10 million and alienated Marshall with their contract fun and games.

Its a bit early for the party poppers. Things going well at the moment I'll admit and a lot better than I expected to happen, but a long, long way to go in Venky world and I suspect we're just beginning to see the start of a familiar pattern with Lenihan as seen in summers past with the others who were sold.

7 hours ago, Dacky said:

Venkys have given us a fair budget and not sold anyone. Up to now, they've done all I ask of them.

"Up to now"? 

Its quite a simple comprehension exercise is this really. So ignoring the likes of borrowing your car and smashing it into a brick wall, then setting it on fire, the house party which resulted in the police being called and the house being set on fire, that time they borrowed your best suit, then set it on fire, the fact they stole your girlfriend / wife (both?) when your back was turned (no fire involved here fortunately), the massive amount of debt they've built up in your name, the lies they've told you over the course of this relationship, the fact they don't come and see you anymore or even pretend to take an interest, the fact they sold everything in your house of any value right from under your nose, that they keep knocking around with the very people you warned them about? 

All that. And up to now they've done all you ask of them?!?

Of course buying Samuel and Dack this summer is a pleasant change but surely it's not beyond the wit of man to at least understand why there is a complete lack of trust for these people; based, understandably, on the disastrous events that have unfolded practically every single year they have owned the club. 

7 hours ago, Dacky said:

The 2 Ian's haven't got a pot to @#/? in in terms of funding the club, yet you'd give them leeway? Why?

When did I mention anything about the two Ian's? On that note though wouldn't it be nice to have someone running the club that actually cared...

9 hours ago, Dacky said:

That can be put right IF they come to their senses and realise financially they can only succeed by doing well on the field.

I will be judging them this season as a clean slate onwards due to sporadically coming & going attendance wise throughout the 7 years, other people who have been in constant attendance throughout the 7 years may think differently that's they own prerogative. It's impossible for me to harbour any resentment due to them reasons but I'm very mindful of what has been going on & willing more to be surprised than let down & so far things are looking rosy. Whether that continues time will be that measure. For me I couldn't leave a bad review on trip advisor for a restaurant when I hadn't been dining out at that restaurant. Some people might have dined out at this same restaurant discovered the food was poor getting worse stopped going then discover eventually the food was gradually improving then decide to revisit this same restaurant.

I'd be really gutted if we sold Lenihan, not because of anything Venky's related, but because I genuinely rate him and think he's looked far better than some have suggested so far and looks a real prospect.  At the same time and again this isn't making any excuses it's pure economics, if Sheff U come in and offer silly money, at this stage of his career, we'd be daft to turn down.  Say we could get close to £5m we can bring a replacement in for a fraction of that at this level, arguably use Wharton who's had a decent season at a similar level and use that money elsewhere.  Anyone who thinks that is outrageous is ignoring reality for me, just don't buy any conspiracy theory that it's being kept on the burner as a ploy.  It's basic standard football buying & selling.  Sheff U want him but don't want to pay over the odds, we don't want to sell him but obviously will if the price is big enough and the player indicates he wants to go.

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

This time last summer they hadn't sold anyone, had 'cleared out' the 'deadwood' by releasing a few and had sanctioned the signings of Graham, Feeney and Stokes. By the end of the window they'd butchered our defence, pocketed £10 million and alienated Marshall with their contract fun and games.

Its a bit early for the party poppers. Things going well at the moment I'll admit and a lot better than I expected to happen, but a long, long way to go in Venky world and I suspect we're just beginning to see the start of a familiar pattern with Lenihan as seen in summers past with the others who were sold.

Agree,we shouldn't be getting carried away,due to Venkys past record,the big difference though this season is we are actually paying transfer fees,yes it seemed early doors last season we were buying early,then,like you say woosh our main defence went,and I still think Mulgrew and probably Lenihan will go before the season,seem to trust Mowbray though a lot more than Coyle,think it might be 1st Sept before we really know if Venkys are trying that bit harder.

The pro Venky stuff is bizarre..they have torn the club to pieces and just sit thousands of miles away watching it unfold. There are NO positives about Venkys!!

On the topic of Lenihan, I like him and think he will get better, situation we are in is simple, if they come in with a sizeable bid that is too good to turn down then take the money, he will be a future international and under the right management could become a very solid high end of the championship player and an international...cant let him go for 2m but 5m and you have to think...

• K-Hod locked and unlocked this topic
  • K-Hod locked this topic

Archived