BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

I believe he is a charlatan still dining out on one season down the road. His interviews in the written press make me cringe with words like fantastic, terrific, marvellous and other superlatives which are so far ott it's embarrassing. I would never warm to him, never ever. Like several people have said we have Kean and Agnew again just under a different guise.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glen hits the nail on the head, especially the reference to king rat. Some of his comments are right out of the same play book and lets not forget he was in the building less than a week and he told a whopper about SEM.

His managerial record is abysmal, but thats where he'll be judged, as long as he cuts back on the drivel and fibs.

I'll be surprised if he sees the season out.

Oh I think he'll see out the season and then some. Venkys lap up all that positivity crap. Plus he's spineless enough not to grumble about having no funds. I reckon were looking at another Bowyer or Kean length tenure.

No change here, uninspired dodgy appointment to start with, made worse with selective amnesia.

For Rovers sake hope his slimey estate agent BS spin will keep us out of the relegation spots , but the proof will be in the doughnuts.

• Backroom

I'm fairly happy with the signings so far.

Graham was a good signing and impress with Coyle getting him to come back to Rovers. You can give Lambert credit for bringing him to Rovers in the 1st place but it was Coyle who get him to signed here permanent tho.

But Coyle will be judge by Results and nothing else as it should be and nothing more.

Was I happy about his appointment? No I wasn't as I wanted Gary Monk or Tim Sherwood. But Coyle was appointment. But if you look at Carlos Carvalhal's record before he was appointed at Sheff Wed you wouldn't have appointed him

Does Coyle have ties to SEM at this current time? Its appears not. He has only met a certain person once and that's was roughly 8 years ago I am led to believe by 2 different people. Yes he did lie. why I don't know but that's a question for him not me.

As much as I'm glad Coyle wanted Graham to stay, I think it's notable that Graham himself credited the fans as the reason he signed on rather than the manager.

Glen sums up the transfers and my biggest problem with him is his failure to get results at his last few clubs. That still stands.

If anyone didn't want him when he arrived but has changed their mind with what he has done so far then wow.

No he has it all to prove although he's a tough job on his hands and i'm not expecting much to be fair.

His appointment stinks though but yet again no surprise there and I don't blame him for taking the gig.

What a question! The mind boggles. I'll step back and say :

No. Even judging completely fairly (ignoring the insults and sculduggery), he's done nothing of note, out of the ordinary and hasn't thought from a unique perspective.

Anyone swayed so far, has lowered their standards by quite a way.

No, I haven't changed my opinion in any positive way. I have however changed my opinion. I think he's even worse than I originally thought. He's lied to us. He tries to tell us how good the signings coming in are when, apart from Graham, they have it all to prove, and at the same time he's issuing come and get him messages about Hanley, and pretending there's a chance Marshall and Duffy will sign new contracts when we know that if either of them do well still sell one of them next time somebody wants cash.

I hate stupid positivity when there is little to be positive about. I hate people telling me to look on the bright side when I've looked all round and no side is at all bright. I can't look at the guy without remembering him as Burnley manager, and, even though I don't quite hate Burnley as more traditional Rovers fans do, I still don't like the idea of him managing my club, and the way he was appointed stinks to high heaven. Awful appointment, and nothing and nobody will persuade me otherwise.

I will judge him on results and results alone. If he keeps us above relegation he would be better or as good as Bowyer, if he keeps us mid table he would be as good as Lambert and anything above 15th Place would and should be seen as an improvement.

When Coyle was first appointed I like many was completely against the appointment and was immediately regretting renewing my season ticket. However, I'm definitely warming to him a bit more now. I don't blame Lambert for leaving but it's good in a way we Atleast have someone in charge now who is willing to work with f**k all money wise and has managed to bring in a few good players so far.Many of us didn't expect him to be able to get Graham back and I think some definitely underestimate how good of a pull that was for us, we will be heavily relying on him to get the bulk of our goals this season. I also think whenever he's spoken he's come across very well, and I think he knows this is his last chance to manage at this level in football. You might think all this means nothing if he can't manage a team which is true but all I'm saying is I'm certainly not as against his appointment as I was when he first got appointed, I don't wanna sound like that knob Cheston who has been singing Coyles praises. But I definitely think coyle should be cut some slack a bit as so far he hasn't done much wrong. And I'm glad the SEM talk has died down a bit now I was getting sick of that haha. Is anyone else of a similar view?

No Butty. Wake up lad.

No, I haven't changed my opinion in any positive way. I have however changed my opinion. I think he's even worse than I originally thought. He's lied to us. He tries to tell us how good the signings coming in are when, apart from Graham, they have it all to prove, and at the same time he's issuing come and get him messages about Hanley, and pretending there's a chance Marshall and Duffy will sign new contracts when we know that if either of them do well still sell one of them next time somebody wants cash.

I hate stupid positivity when there is little to be positive about. I hate people telling me to look on the bright side when I've looked all round and no side is at all bright. I can't look at the guy without remembering him as Burnley manager, and, even though I don't quite hate Burnley as more traditional Rovers fans do, I still don't like the idea of him managing my club, and the way he was appointed stinks to high heaven. Awful appointment, and nothing and nobody will persuade me otherwise.

What come and get Hanley messages? He said that he doesnt want to sell him. What more do you want? Blood or something.

On Duffy and Marshall being offer new cotracts. He wants to keep both. I make Duffy new captain this season if Hanley leaves. They both should have been offered new contracts last summer.

What come and get Hanley messages? He said that he doesnt want to sell him. What more do you want? Blood or something.

On Duffy and Marshall being offer new cotracts. He wants to keep both. I make Duffy new captain this season if Hanley leaves. They both should have been offered new contracts last summer.

?

I believe he is a charlatan still dining out on one season down the road. His interviews in the written press make me cringe with words like fantastic, terrific, marvellous and other superlatives which are so far ott it's embarrassing. I would never warm to him, never ever. Like several people have said we have Kean and Agnew again just under a different guise.

Agreed Tony.

That said if we play fantastic football and have had a great run of results in our first 20/25 games I might have to bite my lip, because that is what he is paid for I suppose.

Archived