BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

The power of hindsight!

Saying that, coyle was still a poor choice. Still only the second experienced manager we've hired in 6 years despite sacking/losing 7 is it?

Soon to be 8?

Can't help but partially feel sorry for the sheer lack of quality we posses. Few glints of light blown away by amateur defending.

Saturday is must win and I don't think I can stomach it tbf

You don't need hindsight to know that Coyle was a dreadful choice. Just access to google and then a look at his record since Burney.....

When Judan Ali is appointed, then its the end.

I'm told that's all they ever wanted from the start.

Apparently Judan and his advisor are very close with the V's.

The fact he took training here when later denied by the club on SSN speaks volumes. Training was followed with a game of pool with Scott Dann.

Coyle would be out of his depth in a pub league.

He's just sh*t.

Said this before, if he managed me and my mates he'd have quit after a week or have been reduced to tears. Christ knows how he gotten this far, nevermind get a team promoted.

I admit - I was prepared to give him a chance and I didn't believe any manager could be this bad. I apologise for my naivety.

If he is sacked then I will conclude that we are merely witnessing breathtaking incompetence. If he is not sacked then I will conclude that something far darker and more sinister is going on.

I admit - I was prepared to give him a chance and I didn't believe any manager could be this bad. I apologise for my naivety.

If he is sacked then I will conclude that we are merely witnessing breathtaking incompetence. If he is not sacked then I will conclude that something far darker and more sinister is going on.

Well it could simply be that the owners do not care what happens on the pitch.

To be honest my opinion has changed and for the worse. I always thought he was a poor choice, I now know he is really poor choice and he has confirmed what I always thought, that he is clueless tactically inept and he had a lucky streak at Burnley

Yep 100% agree here. i didn't expect much and seeing who we recruited and sold in the summer, even watching from afar, I knew we'd be poor. But this poor? Well, most people manage to scrape together a bit of something, be it pride, players doing something the manager hasn't told them to ad it works, professional standards or whatever. they fluke a win somehow somewhere, but i can't see where it's coming from with this guy in charge. If danny Graham, who looked decent last season in amongst a lot of dross, has dropped to dross level himself, then it has to be Coyleout! as well.

To be honest my opinion has changed and for the worse. I always thought he was a poor choice, I now know he is really poor choice and he has confirmed what I always thought, that he is clueless tactically inept and he had a lucky streak at Burnley

I think Lucky is being kind.

I had a quick look at the final league table the season the dingles got promoted under Coyle. They shipped in 60 goals, only 2 other teams outside the relegation places conceded more.

They were the second highest goalscorers however, only the team who won the league scored more.

So he's always been poor at setting teams up to defend, its just they had goals going in at the other end.

Archived