BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point has not yet been made at all.

The Wolves game is the litmus test. A poor showing and that will be the end of the protests. The saddest part is I believe you will be glad about that.

I think sub 10,000 crowds have made the point in terms supporter / owner feeling. What you possibly meant was "supporters haven't made the point in the way I want them too".

The answer to that is, we all see different pro's and cons in the action taken so let's respect that!

Parson doesn't moan. He's brainwashed himself into thinking lower-league football is our natural level. That way he'll never have to take a stand.

Classic wumming! I suppose the generic answer is, it's easy to talk about protests from Hampshire!

I think sub 10,000 crowds have made the point in terms supporter / owner feeling. What you possibly meant was "supporters haven't made the point in the way I want them too".

The answer to that is, we all see different pro's and cons in the action taken so let's respect that!

How do you suggest that Rovers fans demonstrate that it isn't a minority is wanting Venkys Out?

The only suggested, collective, course of action is the 18/75 Wolves protest. A very simple course of action which will be televised.

This is not my idea or suggestion, it was suggested by somebody more committed to Blackburn Rovers Football Club than you or I, and somebody who probably doesn't want his house to be next to a supermarket or go karting centre in 10 years time.

How can this not be seen as a campaign for every Rovers supporter to get behind? One which requires minimal effort and sacrifice for every Rovers supporter but one which could create a major spectacle in front of the Sky cameras. Don't you think that having been proposed and publicised that for it not to now be well supported could be fatal to future protests, for the simple reason that the club, Sky and football authorities can dismiss the unrest as a minority? Again.

It seems that WARS greatest achievement to date is creating a logo. All the momentum of the last few weeks has disappeared quicker than Paul Pogba's talent. This stagnation has allowed all old wounds over protesters vs non protesters to rear it's ugly head again thus diverting everyone from the protest itself.

To me their are 4 groups of fans at the moment.

1. Boycotters who won't enter but will be out protesting outside E.g Abbey (respect).

2. Those who attend but are full educated on the happenings and will protest 1875.

3. Those who have the facts but have made the decision to not get involved and will just watch the game E.g Parson (I respect their decision).

4. The most important and biggest group those not yet in the knowledge of the protest itself or the information that has come out. These people still attend but could join the protest if educated.

Knowing this then the solution is simple. @#/? WAR and it's pissing contest, we need to target group 4 not group 3. These are the ones who will help ensure the success of this protest.

We have enough brains and expertise on this site alone that if we put our heads together could get a leaflet designed made and printed off with all relevant information and links before next home game. I'm also sure we would have many volunteers to distribute it at the game and around town.

Let's not stagnate let's get the momentum back now!!! This website got the ball rolling let it be the place where it's kick-started again

How do you suggest that Rovers fans demonstrate that it isn't a minority is wanting Venkys Out?

The only suggested, collective, course of action is the 18/75 Wolves protest. A very simple course of action which will be televised.

This is not my idea or suggestion, it was suggested by somebody more committed to Blackburn Rovers Football Club than you or I, and somebody who probably doesn't want his house to be next to a supermarket or go karting centre in 10 years time.

How can this not be seen as a campaign for every Rovers supporter to get behind? One which requires minimal effort and sacrifice for every Rovers supporter but one which could create a major spectacle in front of the Sky cameras. Don't you think that having been proposed and publicised that for it not to now be well supported could be fatal to future protests, for the simple reason that the club, Sky and football authorities can dismiss the unrest as a minority? Again.

An excellent and heartfelt post Stuart.

what is being doing to reach supporters who don't know about the protest and why it is being done?

also speaking to one fan on twitter who said this

"Count in pub on Saturday on who would be doing 18-75 thing was 24-2 against"

what is being doing to reach supporters who don't know about the protest and why it is being done?

also speaking to one fan on twitter who said this

"Count in pub on Saturday on who would be doing 18-75 thing was 24-2 against"

I thought there were going to be flyers at the last game but I arrived quite late so may have missed it.

One pub could be anywhere, and peer pressure will be a factor.

The issue on match day will be the 'known faces' who follow through with it. Those people who cause others to say "bloody ell, if Dave's walking things must be bad. C'mon lads". Instead there could be a lot of people looking around saying "I'm not going first".

What will it take for people to be bought into it? Sadly because of the fickle nature of fans, and the lack of a militant streak, it will need a run of bad results. No, I don't want a run of bad results either. I want fans to see past temporary form of the team and see that it's another blip on the downward vertical trajectory that Venkys are taking us. The trouble is plenty won't.

But of course, leaving Venkys to continue their rampant destruction of the club they claim to love is an individual choice. Well, sorry but when the individual choice is considered over the good of the whole - whether right or wrong - that translates into 'divided we fall' for such as football fans.

I thought there were going to be flyers at the last game but I arrived quite late so may have missed it.

One pub could be anywhere, and peer pressure will be a factor.

The issue on match day will be the 'known faces' who follow through with it. Those people who cause others to say "bloody ell, if Dave's walking things must be bad. C'mon lads". Instead there could be a lot of people looking around saying "I'm not going first".

What will it take for people to be bought into it? Sadly because of the fickle nature of fans, and the lack of a militant streak, it will need a run of bad results. No, I don't want a run of bad results either. I want fans to see past temporary form of the team and see that it's another blip on the downward vertical trajectory that Venkys are taking us. The trouble is plenty won't.

But of course, leaving Venkys to continue their rampant destruction of the club they claim to love is an individual choice. Well, sorry but when the individual choice is considered over the good of the whole - whether right or wrong - that translates into 'divided we fall' for such as football fans.

The pub is close to Ewood Park and was before the last game.

I've already answered that question - the majority of fans have spoken, they've let their attendance do the talking! If there is any support left for the owners within the fans, it's an absolute extreme minority.

I can't find any quote or minutes from the meeting, the protest that I bought into was the one who's house you refer to; fill the ground as a one of and then walk early to protest. Walk out immediately dismissed as not H and S by GM if I remember correctly but that seems forgotten, was it answered?

I personally thought that filling the ground was the best suggestion because it's also forward thinking enough to make potential buyers sit up and notice the thousands of returning fans, a viable entity or purchase for someone with some ambition to match.

A huge group returning to walk early makes a statement IMO about the fans feelings. Since that was shot down by a few on here, it's worth comparing what the difference it would make with just the average gate walking at 75, especially if we are losing.

In terms of just standing with fellow fans despite disagreeing with the probable impact - did we question those who wouldn't return for one game to actually protest on camera? Not really, it was accepted because it was a matter of personal choice or principal - which I agree with!

So why isn't refusing to participate in the 18/75 minute walk out seen as the same thing? I can understand why many might not see the immediate or long term benefit of that protest and that's up to them.

Edit- this should likely be elsewhere and no problem if it's moved. Maybe should just add; Coyle is a moron.

I've already answered that question - the majority of fans have spoken, they've let their attendance do the talking! If there is any support left for the owners within the fans, it's an absolute extreme minority.

I can't find any quote or minutes from the meeting, the protest that I bought into was the one who's house you refer to; fill the ground as a one of and then walk early to protest. Walk out immediately dismissed as not H and S by GM if I remember correctly but that seems forgotten, was it answered?

I personally thought that filling the ground was the best suggestion because it's also forward thinking enough to make potential buyers sit up and notice the thousands of returning fans, a viable entity or purchase for someone with some ambition to match.

A huge group returning to walk early makes a statement IMO about the fans feelings. Since that was shot down by a few on here, it's worth comparing what the difference it would make with just the average gate walking at 75, especially if we are losing.

In terms of just standing with fellow fans despite disagreeing with the probable impact - did we question those who wouldn't return for one game to actually protest on camera? Not really, it was accepted because it was a matter of personal choice or principal - which I agree with!

So why isn't refusing to participate in the 18/75 minute walk out seen as the same thing? I can understand why many might not see the immediate or long term benefit of that protest and that's up to them.

Edit- this should likely be elsewhere and no problem if it's moved. Maybe should just add; Coyle is a moron.

I would prefer a fuller ground to make the contrast more stark but for it to work it would still require everyone who isn't going to walk to do so.

Maybe if there was a commitment to walk by everyone then others may come down. As it is, all the talk is of 'it'll never work' and 'I'm not joining in'.

Hardly going to inspire walk-ons to pay Cat A prices just to be sneered at by t'ultras sat on their hands.

I don't think the impact is in the walk, it's the noise, the numbers and the messages. Take a banner day, sit in the JW. Someone said you couldn't bee seen from tv, that's nonsense.

Do we have to group fans as "ultras"?

I have no interest in how many TV viewers watch the game or how large or small a protest they see. Most people tuned in at half five on a Saturday who aren't Rovers or Wolves fans (and who aren't watching Palace v LiverpooL on BT at the same time) will be coming in from a game themselves, having a bit of tea, flicking between channels, having a brew or a can or a glass of wine and taking practically no heed of a "Protest" which involves people NOT being on screen for 33 minutes - really not the most visual of impacts

At least Charlton fans had the intelligence to do something visual for their two minutes of impact

I've not much idea really who Birdy is having never had a conversation with him so hopefully he won't think I'm being too disrespectful personally in not considering his idea a very good one. I'm sure he's very well intentioned I just happen to think the 18-75 thing us a bit naff

I have no interest in "expressing solidarity with fellow fans" who come on here daily displaying aggression, rudeness, antagonism and intolerance with anybody expressing opinions differing to their own.

Im quite happy to be disassociate, vilified and ostracised by some of the bullies who spout bile at other supporters

I'm not at the Wolves game but if I was I'd be more interested in being identified with other fans who will sit and watch the entire 90 odd minutes. If I wasn't on holiday that's what I'd be doing same as I do at every other game I attend

I am firmly of the opinion that Venkys will ship out the very minute they feel like it and not before. If people want to spend, or not spend their time, money, energy and effort in the belief that the opposite is true I uphold their every right to do so.

Weasel words. "Not considering his idea a very good one" is a long way from calling his idea "lame-brained". Good to see you backing away but accusing others of "displaying rudeness" is a bit rich.

And you clearly know exactly who Birdy is!

For clarification, no "backing away" I thought and still think that 18-75 is "a lame-brained idea" which will attract a fractional response and generate practically no meaningful coverage or publicity, if indeed publicity for such stunts can ever make a blind bit of difference

Self-fulfilling prophesy. Which makes your smug tone rather misplaced.

For clarification, no "backing away" I thought and still think that 18-75 is "a lame-brained idea" which will attract a fractional response and generate practically no meaningful coverage or publicity, if indeed publicity for such stunts can ever make a blind bit of difference

And I thought I made it clear that my lack of knowledge of Birdy was based on never having had a conversation with him,not actually not being able to identify him in a line-up

lame brained post

• Backroom

I'm amazed that some folk supposedly want Venkys Out and yet refuse to show any sort of unity with a protest which is all about showing HOW MANY (or few, as the case may be) want rid of them.

Despite initially thinking it was a divisive statement, I'm beginning to agree with the stance that if you don't join (in in SOME WAY, and there are loads of options) with protests, you can't truly want them out.

And I thought I made it clear that my lack of knowledge of Birdy was based on never having had a conversation with him,not actually not being able to identify him in a line-up

Re 1st para, nothing will ever change your mind because you will never do anything. Even if you don't believe it will work you could still show solidarity with the supporters who do? I suspect you don't even want it to have any effect.

Re Birdy, no you didn't make that clear at all. I've never had a conversation with him either but I've seen him around often enough. I certainly can see he is a senior citizen though why Parson deserves respect for that and Birdy doesn't I'll leave to you. He has my respect because he is trying.

Perhaps you could approach him and tell him why he's hare-brained?

I am firmly of the opinion that Venkys will ship out the very minute they feel like it and not before. If people want to spend, or not spend their time, money, energy and effort in the belief that the opposite is true I uphold their every right to do so.

Shame you have to feel vilified etc meadows ( as with others) as this is what the whole situation at Rovers has driven it to be as would tend to agree with you on this point re the loons - but at least some are trying to speed this up which surely you must agree with?

As I have said before to Parson, its not the case of you still going and 'supporting' the team but what you are doing about when you do go on.

Saturday - for those who went appears to have been what the 'Saturdays' are all about and supporting the team - but how long has that been coming - and when will the next one be as I am sure as hell come the next 'saturday' it will be back to same scenario - this is what everybody wants back and Pride in the Club ( or at least that's what yourself Parson , Chaddy etc claim)

Its one game or 'part of a game' to show unity or backing to make a loud statement as a unity or majority - not a full out request to 'boycott your support'

This is the difficulty for many to understand with those that say all is not well and want the loons out - yet sigh and turn face at anybody trying to make something happen.

( ps - I also feel it will lose momentum though unless something is done prior and is ramped up leading to the game)

I'm amazed that some folk supposedly want Venkys Out and yet refuse to show any sort of unity with a protest which is all about showing HOW MANY (or few, as the case may be) want rid of them.

Despite initially thinking it was a divisive statement, I'm beginning to agree with the stance that if you don't join (in in SOME WAY, and there are loads of options) with protests, you can't truly want them out.

The bottom line Mike is that you are asking people to do something (1875) which they don't believe in. As for talk of solidarity does this mean that if we all participate in the 1875 protest that the boycotters will turn up and remain for the next few games to show solidarity with those still supporting the team? Of course not, people do what they believe is the right thing to do for them. I have nothing but respect for those who have made the difficult decision to boycott as I know how hard that must be for them. Sadly, respect for those who continue to support the players on matchdays is not really forthcoming but I don't have a problem with that either. I'm happy with the decision I have made and I'm sure Meadows is happy with his continued support of the club. People have different opinions as to what will make Venky's leave and on the impact of protests. Like Meadows, I believe the owners will only leave when they themselves decide to go and it will be for reasons which will have little to do with supporters.

Archived