BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scenario B: Unfortunately the flaw in that is if you believe that the Venkcountant would dare say that to madame, whenever you get a ticket on the gravy train, doing /saying the right thing goes out the window, just look at Burnley Bob

The Queen of Pune does not take criticism

I accept that there are no guarantees scenario B would happen.

However how else could venkcountant dress up 1000s of fans walking out?

Come on, you're a better poster than this. Do I really need to answer?

You know damn well some posters have said they don't think it will have any effect so they're not taking part. That doesn't mean all attendees wont, obviously some are prepared to join in.

More boycotters and there could be a reaction from Venky's (as you know).

The trouble with Venky's is they are unpredictable (as you know) and if they are still here for spiteful reasons anything could happen.

How vivid is your imagination?

Resigning from the league and leaving Ewood idle but stripping the place bare, selling the car parks, BRIC and Brockhall is the worst scenario I can come up with at the moment.

I agree that all that is likely to happen. So why do people continue to do what they have always done in the belief that it won't?

Will they be caught by surprise when it happens? Will it be someone else's fault?

I genuinely can't understand why people think their club is not worth fighting for.

Blackpool fans are less passive than we are, yet a smaller club. Look at the effort Wimbledon fans put in, year after year. Another small club with only recent history.

Why are we different? If this all ends badly and we have no club, it certainly won't be boycotters and protesters to blame.

The not-so-happy-now clappers will continue tosay "it's Venkys fault "which it is. But it's everyone's fault who does nothing.

what the 1875 protest could do with is a player being injured in the 18th minute,usually when a player is injured the cameras focus on the crowd as well as the injured player,might be the best thing that could happen.

ps i still think coyle is dog turd,it is his thread.

Parson, Chaddy, anyone else not keen on joining in the protests, how would you feel about handing out leaflets / info, at the games leading up to Wolves, about what is planned and what the aims of the protests are? You're going to be there anyway and then can not take part in the walk out knowing you have helped spread the word to fans on the ground, rather just a few followers on Twitter / Facebook.

If it could be arranged to have them printed, would you be willing to do that?

Shall I take that as a no then?

After some of the stuff that has been thrown at me during the past few days for daring to think differently I think you can take it as a definite no.

Yet after some of the 'stuff' (polite way of putting it) the club and team have thrown at you (at your monetary expense) over the last few YEARS you don't say no to that ;)

Shall I take that as a no then?

Only just seen your post. its a no for me. I only arrived around 5/10 mins before the game plus, after certain members comments on here over the pass day or so, I don't want to get involved with anything. I may take part in the protest by walking out on 75mins but I will keep it to my counsel on this. I agree with Al in the Rotherham thread that's I'm getting stick of being a 'venkys lover' all because I want to support my team and the players plus remain a season ticket holder.

Only just seen your post. its a no for me. I only arrived around 5/10 mins before the game plus, after certain members comments on here over the pass day or so, I don't want to get involved with anything. I may take part in the protest by walking out on 75mins but I will keep it to my council on this. I agree with Al in the Rotherham thread that's I'm getting stick of being a 'venkys lover' all because I want to support my team and the players plus remain a season ticket holder.

What have the council got to do with this? :blink:

There is a line in the sand for everything in life(normally)

The point for most Rovers supporters to change from 'supporting the team' to 'get rid of the Venkys' ought to have been that point when with loads of Players out of contract/released the Venkys allowed a massive(cheston-filled) hiatus period to develop. And then they dropped Koyley on us.

Anyone still supporting the team 1st,2nd and 3rd really loses credibility;is prepared to see the Rovers die; and is supine,disproportianately obstinate; or just eccentric.

In the 70s me and my friends in the Rossendale,Chorley,and other Branches raised thousands to keep the Rovers going. I am simply NOT prepared to allow the VENKYS to grotesquely wreck US.

RTID

• Backroom

Only just seen your post. its a no for me. I only arrived around 5/10 mins before the game plus, after certain members comments on here over the pass day or so, I don't want to get involved with anything. I may take part in the protest by walking out on 75mins but I will keep it to my counsel on this. I agree with Al in the Rotherham thread that's I'm getting stick of being a 'venkys lover' all because I want to support my team and the players plus remain a season ticket holder.

Hope to see you walking on 75 mate :) if you don't want to do that (I know you are reluctant), why not blow a whistle at the game or wave a white hankerchief? Neither of those contradict your support of the team.

I absolutely want Rovers to win every game, squeeze every possible point out of every fixture, but I want Venkys Out and I will show the watching thousands on Sky that I want them out.

That's unfortunate. It certainly wasn't any form of dig, just a simple straight forward question. I'd hoped you might see it as fair compromise between protesting and still enjoying the game. Hypothetical question, if I'd asked the same question 2 weeks ago before the back and forth on here, would the answer still have been no? Or would either of you have been willing to hand out a few leaflets before the game?

Would anyone be in favour of doing this anyway? There are 4 home games before Wolves, 2 Saturday's, 2 Tuesday's. I couldn't make it for a Tuesday due to work and travel, but could make a Saturday morning to hand some out. If this went ahead, would anyone know anywhere local to Print say, 2000 A5 leaflets reasonably cheaply? Would anyone be willing to hand them out?

If not, would it be worth putting something together and getting a full page advert in the LT and Accy Observer on those match days? Would they even go for it?

Momentum has stalled badly and the local population doesn't even know what has happened and what the plans are to try to start putting it right, never mind India. Would WAR be willing to use its contacts and man power to get something like this organised?

I'll get cracking on designing some this weekend and see if some more people can be coerced into helping hand them out.

Anyone know anybody who does printing, or know of somewhere that it can done at cost? If the price is reasonable, I'm more than willing to pay for them myself. Call it money saved on a ticket to the wolves game to walk out.

Any ideas / suggestions for key content would be gratefully received.

Key concept for me should be simple facts of the decline, the main reason why we want to get fans on board (to show unity in wanting change for the best) and Coyle, Cheston etc should be swerved.

Also - some links to further reading would be necessary - a link for Madons idea of getting money for adverts abroad.

After some of the stuff that has been thrown at me during the past few days for daring to think differently I think you can take it as a definite no.

I thought you were better than that Parson. That's like tarring you with the same brush as the people who verbally abuse anyone that dares shout Venkys out.

There are extremes on either side of any point of view. To hint that a few comments from them would potentially change your actions with regards to protesting about Venkys is ridiculous.

I think that your comment here is a bit of a wind up tbh to see if you can rile a few more people.

I'll get cracking on designing some this weekend and see if some more people can be coerced into helping hand them out.

Anyone know anybody who does printing, or know of somewhere that it can done at cost? If the price is reasonable, I'm more than willing to pay for them myself. Call it money saved on a ticket to the wolves game to walk out.

I had somebody volunteer for that on Saturday.

Count me in to help Reidy

Went to see Qpr play yesterday as a mate had a spare ticket. On the tube back home Neil Warnock hopped on and sat next to us. Said he was offered the job in the summer but wasn't allowed to bring his assistant. Which he found very funny considering the backroom team he was told he had to work with left a month later anyway. His thoughts on Coyle were along the lines of what on earth did they go and appoint him for. As a side note he came across as an absolute gentleman.

Went to see Qpr play yesterday as a mate had a spare ticket. On the tube back home Neil Warnock hopped on and sat next to us. Said he was offered the job in the summer but wasn't allowed to bring his assistant. Which he found very funny considering the backroom team he was told he had to work with left a month later anyway. His thoughts on Coyle were along the lines of what on earth did they go and appoint him for. As a side note he came across as an absolute gentleman.

Always liked Warnock.

Says it how it is. Wouldn't be a bad bet as a DOF when venkys get gone.

ABBEY and Iceman?

Well you never know... Problem is not the team or cheering them on. But getting rid of Venkys is of utmost importance. A couple of wins is great, moving up the table is great, but we need to get rid of these shysters who call themselves our owners

The worse thing is the FA know of the third party ownership, but have done nothing to help only obstruct by not getting involved and having injunctions on certain group trying to get to the bottom of things. All this in order to keep their so called squeaky clean but false image.

Well the FA doesnt give a flying @#/? about the club, they never did. Its pointless now to worry about the FA or any other organisation. The fans will get rid of Venkys, but only if its a collective effort.

Archived