BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lowe To Be Rovers Captain

I can only think with him he either has something written into his contract to start so many games or he has a friendly agent who rides in the Rovers vehicle and the idea is to get him as many games as possible to drive his 'book value' up.

I'd say it was the old chestnut he's climbing on one of the directors/managers daughters but that's impossible at Rovers these days. One he'd be on his own, the other he'd be spoiled for choice over recent years !

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful choice as captain. The man can't pass or run forwards with the ball.

I can just see him rallying the team in a tight match with an inspiring driving run back towards our goal and a pass to the central defender.

Mate see's him regularly... To sum up, says... Boring, about as interesting as brown bread bit of a dick.

Awful choice as captain. The man can't pass or run forwards with the ball.

I can just see him rallying the team in a tight match with an inspiring driving run back towards our goal and a pass to the central defender.

Not to mention a pass that's underhit, bobbling and behind the man.

Why do you think? If you wanted it to be removed you wouldn't post it in the first place. Removing a post is tantamount to an insult in my opinion. Unless it is really nasty.

Is Coyle going out of his way to antagonise the fans?

It's par for the course at Rovers nowadays. Venky's appoint a manager to annoy some fans. Cheston tells the fans not renewing they are damaging the club. Coyle says he'll make Lowe captain because he knows he's nowhere near captain material and shouldn't even be on the pitch. It annoys a lot of fans. We don't matter and anything they can do to wind us up is worth doing in their eyes. Makes us look bad

It's par for the course at Rovers nowadays. Venky's appoint a manager to annoy some fans. Cheston tells the fans not renewing they are damaging the club. Coyle says he'll make Lowe captain because he knows he's nowhere near captain material and shouldn't even be on the pitch. It annoys a lot of fans. We don't matter and anything they can do to wind us up is worth doing in their eyes. Makes us look bad

I.R.A footballer.

Had Great Visions that Owen Coyle would come in & put him as a squad player But he makes him his Captain ....

The fact that he is a "midfielder " by trade but has been pushed to right back tells its own story .. No where good enough ...Very Average player

Season turning into a nightmare ...

• Backroom

Stuart, it wasn't heavy-handed modding at all. You were digging each other about politics in a thread about Jason Lowe!

If you don't want posts removing, keep it relevant and insult-free.

Had Great Visions that Owen Coyle would come in & put him as a squad player But he makes him his Captain ....

The fact that he is a "midfielder " by trade but has been pushed to right back tells its own story .. No where good enough ...Very Average player

Season turning into a nightmare ...

It hasnt started yet. Lol

Stuart, it wasn't heavy-handed modding at all. You were digging each other about politics in a thread about Jason Lowe!

If you don't want posts removing, keep it relevant and insult-free.

A point which I made in the first place! It was good natured fun on a slow day.

Anyway, back to Lowe. What a waste of a kit.

I agree with unleaded. He's a squad player, certainly not somebody one would want as captain. Somebody to kill a game with 5 mins to go, not 85.

Lowe has been one of the few constants in our past six years of misery. He's the epitome of the rank mediocrity that runs through the club.

Hanley was another one but reading this MB he suddenly seems to have turned into a world beater. Duffy would seem to me to be the more obvious choice for captain, which makes me think he'll be next to leave.

Hanley was another one but reading this MB he suddenly seems to have turned into a world beater. Duffy would seem to me to be the more obvious choice for captain, which makes me think he'll be next to leave.

To be fair, and I've been one of his biggest critics, Hanley had a good season last season. His first and last for us. Lowe meanwhile... well, the best you could describe him as is consistent, although constant is probably more apt.

Promoting Lowe to captain when he should be a squad player at best is a sign of just how far we've fallen. And we aren't yet at the bottom. :(

To be fair, and I've been one of his biggest critics, Hanley had a good season last season. His first and last for us. Lowe meanwhile... well, the best you could describe him as is consistent, although constant is probably more apt.

Promoting Lowe to captain when he should be a squad player at best is a sign of just how far we've fallen. And we aren't yet at the bottom. :(

He did have a decent season, unquestionably, but he was being spoken about in similar terms to Lowe this time last year. Folk were offering to drive him to Burnley themselves when rumours of a bid from the Dingles were floating around. Funnily enough I think Lowe might have improved greatly under Lambert, I thought he did okay once he got fit at the back end of last season.

By no means Lowes biggest fan, the lad struggles passing the ball. But I think we are going to need his work rate in the middle this year, he stops more things than we create.

My issue with him - I know people think it's personal, it's not - is that he slows the game down. We do not break quickly with Lowe in midfield. He gets the ball and holds up play every time. Fitness and possession are his only attributes. He is an OPTA-beast because he plays the stats by racking up miles and 'completes' lots of very simple nothing passes. Coyle's approach at Bumley was an attacking one. How he does this with sLowe in the side I genuinely don't know.

Still he might have a good season this year because Grant had one but that's not really much of a reassurance. "This time next year, Rodney...".

Still, Del was right once too.

My issue with him - I know people think it's personal, it's not - is that he slows the game down. We do not break quickly with Lowe in midfield. He gets the ball and holds up play every time. Fitness and possession are his only attributes. He is an OPTA-beast because he plays the stats by racking up miles and 'completes' lots of very simple nothing passes. Coyle's approach at Bumley was an attacking one. How he does this with sLowe in the side I genuinely don't know.

Still he might have a good season this year because Grant had one but that's not really much of a reassurance. "This time next year, Rodney...".

Still, Del was right once too.

Yeah he does , it's not his fault, he is just not that player. But he breaks a lot up, far more than we create. Your average fan will moan and grumble when he gives it away, but as a stopper I think he is very good.

Yeah he does , it's not his fault, he is just not that player. But he breaks a lot up, far more than we create. Your average fan will moan and grumble when he gives it away, but as a stopper I think he is very good.

He closes down space rather than the ball / man though.

I don't think he's 'hard' enough for that role personally. We've got a better version of him in Evans.

I don't think he's 'hard' enough for that role personally. We've got a better version of him in Evans.

If you combine the two then we have player. Think the 'hard' aspect has gone out of the game, you can basically press and Nick the ball now. That's about it, no tackling

This is exactly right. I've not seen Lowe stop anyone. He certainly doesn't contribute to results. Evans is twice the player Lowe is. Evans could have even been captain material. Maybe he is off as well.

If you combine the two then we have player. Think the 'hard' aspect has gone out of the game, you can basically press and Nick the ball now. That's about it, no tackling

Yeah very true but he certainly wouldn't strike fear in me trying to go past him.

I've said previously over the years that I'd want him to be a full-blooded type DM.

He just sums up the average footballer for me these days. Runs a lot, decent engine. Not brilliant with the ball.

Why do we turn athletes into footballers instead of vice versa...

Yeah very true but he certainly wouldn't strike fear in me trying to go past him.

I've said previously over the years that I'd want him to be a full-blooded type DM.

He just sums up the average footballer for me these days. Runs a lot, decent engine. Not brilliant with the ball.

Why do we turn athletes into footballers instead of vice versa...

Oh yeah 100 percent. He is commonly know as the kid that wanted more than anyone else, I never get this.

Football is strange and we could be sat here in 12 months saying 'we can't afford to lose Lowe'.

Hard thing to do, but forget him on the ball and watch what he does without. The kid gives it his all and we basically can't ask for much more.

This is exactly right. I've not seen Lowe stop anyone. He certainly doesn't contribute to results. Evans is twice the player Lowe is. Evans could have even been captain material. Maybe he is off as well.

Oh he does Stuart, defensively. But it doesn't stand out and he rarely gets praise for it. Like Evans, neat and tidy.

You can't keep selling captains and any of the ones who deserved the captain's armband could be sold. Lowe is a safe bet. Nobody is going to offer to buy him so you won't be selling any more captains. Solves a problem.

Totally disagree with you for once - Imo Evans is pretty useless too Imo. 1 season injured but promising, a second being invisible, a third being busy but ineffective.

Not that I'm saying Lowe is good or captain material. Just don't think Evans is first team material either.

Archived