BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Wigan Away

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battersby and Currie wanted to buy the club this summer. They are passionate Rovers fans and who wanted the best for the club.

But we need new owners asap. Need Venkys gone asap. Problem we cant affect their decisions due to not being here

Unfortunately if they were here it would not make any difference

I don't have it in for Graham, but being of average football intelligence I can tell you that he has been absolutely shocking these past three games.

So has everyone else, why would anyone single out Danny Graham? He's the least of our worries.

So has everyone else, why would anyone single out Danny Graham? He's the least of our worries.

He's our main goalscorer. He hasn't played with any heart. It's not singling him out to suggest he's been absolutely shocking over the previous few games. For him to go straight down the tunnel tells me he hasn't got a care in the world about Blackburn Rovers.

That being said, who does at the moment? The only few that have bust a gut have been Stokes and Bryne. Both of them have something to prove too - Byrne to fight for a place back at City and Stokes to rebuild a career that went tits up at Celtic. We are clearly a stepping stone for the boy.

Right now I'd take Marshall and Duffy into a room and ask them: do you want to be here? If the answer is no let them go. I'd much rather go down with boys that wanna play and want to take up the responsibility of playing for BRFC than two that don't. I wouldn't be as angry losing 3-0 if I felt the lads left their heart and soul on the pitch. OC has a lot to answer for, as do the board but perhaps most frustrating is that my, or hopefully our, emotions will never get across to them. They don't care

That was a pitifully disjointed performance. I felt like everytime Wigan had the ball they had a free run at our defence. A stand out to me is that the team did not look well drilled, organised or motivated which should come from the manager. Greer, Conway and possibly Stokes are the only players who I could honestly say put actual effort in. As for the chanting I didn't hear any racist chanting (though if there were, it's reprehensible and subsequent bans should be dished out) and as for the booing, it's one of the most pitifully disgusting performances I've witnessed and as the chants reigned out "You're not fit to wear the shirt" I agree with the sentiment.

We had no game plan today, I wonder what we do all week at brockhall. The players look clueless. There is no movement and they all look unfit. After Henley, Duffy was the worst player on the pitch. Will Grigg run him ragged. Lowes performance was also embarrassing.....I literally don't know where we go from here.

Not even going to mention Feeney....

If Coyle is bitching about players not putting effort in, he wants to ask himself why the same players put effort in for the last manager.

Remember the post that Longisder put on when we appointed he Coyle. Basically "At Burnley he was tactically naive but he managed to get a group of players who thought everyone was against them and he got them to run through walls for him. Them against us mentality. When he walked out on them he could never command that loyalty again and he became a busted flush as players no longer respected him"

Many people on here said it was rubbish. Looks pretty accurate so far.

Lambert was thrice the manager this guy is. We never lost a game under Lambert by 3 goals. We only lost one I think by 2. We sell one player and suddenly were losing by 3 and it could be 5 or 6.

Venkys are the root cause but let's not pretend Coyles job is impossible.

Battersby and Currie wanted to buy the club this summer. They are passionate Rovers fans and who wanted the best for the club.

But we need new owners asap. Need Venkys gone asap. Problem we cant affect their decisions due to not being here

Currie and battersby were in the end with Rovers fans today everybody asking them when they would buy the club. They said they cant do a thing unless venkys actually talk to them.

They were as glum as anyone at what was being played out on the pitch.Hadnt seen them before until somebody pointed them out but seemed like decent blokes and proper rovers fans

Was quietly confident on this one after the league cup result. How wrong was I!

We cannot defend and other than lb position and Conway for Feeney worryingly that is our best team.

This rather than Norwich was a more accurate assessment of where we are and the answer isn't pretty or comforting, albeit not too surprising.

A disappointingly patronising post from somebody I usually have a lot of respect for.

If players knew how to keep themselves fit then fitness coaches wouldn't exist.

A team's level of fitness is absolutely down to the regime at the club.

It wasn't me who mentioned anything about pizza and doughnuts.

Apologies if you found my reply patronising, it definitely wasn't intended that way. I don't understand why you have a problem with the concept of Graham understanding his body at his age and looking after himself over the summer.

If another experienced player like Rooney comes back over summer clearly unfit people blame him not the Man Ure coaching staff. And I can't say fitness per second appears to be an issue with the other players, it's lack of application, concentration and discipline which has meant we've been out of both games by the 30 min mark.

Another step closer to relegation. Coyle a fat headed Venky boy numpty, who wears a full kit like he's 'one of the boys'. No wonder it's going to @#/? for him, bloke is a joker and players obviously see it too.

Simon you've got your just desserts after your endless anti-Lambert strops. Serves you right is all I can say. Never thought I would hear such drivel from a long time blue and 100 Club member.

If Graham hasn't got himself properly fit for the start of the season, and /or can't be bothered to perform to the level of which he is capable, that is absolutely nothing to do with Lambert who is no longer at the Club and I never suggested otherwise!

I also criticised Duffy and Marshall who were not Lambert signings. These guys are our main players who we need to stand up and be counted and lead by example. They appear to be doing the opposite.

Lordy. Coyle makes Lambert and Bowyer look like world beaters.

So you have no money, clueless owners and no structure. OK so you’ve got one arm tied behind your back before you start. But even then you have a chance if you can construct a side with a sensible shape with appropriate personnel and motivate them. Nope –we’ve got that arm tied behind our back too.

A stronger personality would not allow the squabbling and antics of Feeney and Duffy.

Even longer, harder season than last time out.

PS You would think that even a committee of erudite members from this board could be more tactically astute than Coyle. Or a no nonsense non-league manager. You could always hire a fitness coach to do the grunt work.

Stuart

Every one of these players, under a proper respected manager, with the right ideas, man-management and motivation would perform better than they are here and now.

Spot on.

Team?

Anyone but Steele

Marshall Greer Duffy Hendrie

Akpan Lenihan

Gallagher Byrne Conway

Stokes

Shane duffy deletes his Twitter account after being bombarded by abuse from Rovers fans and Wigan fans taking the mick after he tweeted about them a few years back about there rubbish support. He'll be gone by the end of this week, if he's gunna play like he did today then he can go.

Shane duffy deletes his Twitter account after being bombarded by abuse from Rovers fans and Wigan fans taking the mick after he tweeted about them a few years back about there rubbish support. He'll be gone by the end of this week, if he's gunna play like he did today then he can go.

Abused by a load of faceless imbeciles that wouldn't say boo to s goose outside the bedroom door, brilliant....

Duffy is the best defender at the club, hence the interest from several clubs, if he goes we'll be right in the mire.

Must keep him at all costs.

Just watching the highlights now.

What on earth was Steele doing both for their second goal and possibly even worse, when they hit the bar when it was 1-0. A simple shot just unnecessarily parried right back into the danger area and straight to the striker.

Embarrassing.

Archived