BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Owners (Not Really New Owners Don't Get Excited)

Here is a hypothetical scenario.

We get bought out this evening.... By someone with a lot less wealth than the venkies but promises 20m investment in the club, this is all they have available full stop. They have purchased at 80m venkies take debt with them. Effectively we now have a budget of for this season of 20m Plus what ever we can generate ourselves.

Our budget now for this season would be circa 35m for the season, presuming rovers can generate 15m from revenue streams.

Questions we need to ask are :

What are our outgoings already . Academy / general running costs

Current wage bill - what is it ?

How much do we think we would have for transfers

Would a 20m loss be sustainable/would it result in promotion

Are we much better of than our current budget

Finally how many more season tickets are going to be sold

At the moment I dont think we have revenue outside of player sales that total quite 15m due to boycots etc

Due to boycotts ? I see what you did there.

Basically for me if someone came in and it got rid of Venkys they only need cover running costs for a few seasons whilst we got on an even keal again. Even if we had to rely on youth etc and freebies we are doing it now anyway and if we are going to scale back and become small time then lets do it without those soley responsible.

Also worth bearing in mind that most owners with any idea about how to be successful in football would immediately install a board of directors who could make the best out of his limited funds. No doubt part of that process would be to appoint a 'sporting director' or 'director of football' who could manage and be responsible for the whole football operation rather than an accountant. This would enable the club to develop a longer term identity, style and structure. Managers and coaches would all have to subscribe to that structure rather than the current situation where different managers come in and want to change the whole coaching staff and squad to suit their own identity. This could save money as the coaching staff and squad could remain constant whoever the manager was. As it is we're on at most 12 month cycles before the whole process of selling players, releasing players and signing new players, along with chopping and changing staff, starts again, costing the club fortunes and ensuring there is no stability, style, identity or plan beyond the next few months.

The OP has gone about it in a way to have a veiled dig at boycotters and arrogantly assume that everyone is stamping their feet because we want 20 mill investing in a boom and bust promotion scenario.

Totally missing the point as yes we want a stable club more than anything and you'd think new ownership is the only way of ever achieving that. What we have here is a set of people who've made cock up after cock up costing tens of millions per annum and now it's a case of other people clearing up their mess and the club having to pay for it. Once that's done there is a 100 % chance that in 3 years time we'll be in exactly the same hole yet again with these lot.

The only way properly out of this hole in the long term is new owners. Limited finance would be ok as long as they had a brain between them and no corruption.

We get bought out this evening.... By someone with a lot less wealth than the venkies but promises 20m investment in the club, this is all they have available full stop. They have purchased at 80m venkies take debt with them. Effectively we now have a budget of for this season of 20m Plus what ever we can generate ourselves.

Our budget now for this season would be circa 35m for the season, presuming rovers can generate 15m from revenue streams.

At the moment I dont think we have revenue outside of player sales that total quite 15m due to boycots etc

The new pro-Venky accountant.

There appears to be a big revulsion to accountants. We are capable of thinking about other things apart from numbers you know. Some of us are actual football supporters. It's just that we are capable of understanding what can be afforded and what can't. It's not rocket science. It's mainly common sense. Some of us are not averse to taking risks either. It's just that we prefer calculated risks. We are human beings not robots.

I think Seneca's plan was as good and as close to sensibility as we are likely to see and probably more than we are entitled to expect. Put that together with the fact they are life time Rovers fans who understand all our pain and feel it themselves and I would have been delighted to back them.

If the clowns of Pune wouldn't even acknowledge the Seneca effort, it strikes me that any other discussion is pretty futile.

There appears to be a big revulsion to accountants. We are capable of thinking about other things apart from numbers you know. Some of us are actual football supporters. It's just that we are capable of understanding what can be afforded and what can't. It's not rocket science. It's mainly common sense. Some of us are not averse to taking risks either. It's just that we prefer calculated risks. We are human beings not robots.

Only the dodgy ones Al

;)

Mind you, they come in handy sometimes

:D

Urgh, might as well start a Pokemon Go thread.. Should be more fun

There's already a Roverman Go thread , its called the transfer thread.

Quite a good game you point your phone at various championship / football League grounds on the computer screen and see which of the Rovers players still on the books at the end of last season pop up at their new or potential clubs. Every one you spot gets a free Venkyf*kup egg and a thumbs up from a pokerat (agent)

We would be no better off in our budget which means we would still have to rely on freebies and loans just like we are doing now. However we would have new owners and could get football people running the club and managing the team.

Anybody spot a trend here? Hanley, Marshall, Duffy, Cairney,Rhodes but not Lowe, Henley or Akpan... If anybody can figure that out, 50 000 bonus points to you.

It's one of those agent questions

:D

The OP has gone about it in a way to have a veiled dig at boycotters and arrogantly assume that everyone is stamping their feet because we want 20 mill investing in a boom and bust promotion scenario.

Totally missing the point as yes we want a stable club more than anything and you'd think new ownership is the only way of ever achieving that. What we have here is a set of people who've made cock up after cock up costing tens of millions per annum and now it's a case of other people clearing up their mess and the club having to pay for it. Once that's done there is a 100 % chance that in 3 years time we'll be in exactly the same hole yet again with these lot.

The only way properly out of this hole in the long term is new owners. Limited finance would be ok as long as they had a brain between them and no corruption.

Sorry you feel this way . I can assure you it was a genuine question.

I think we need investment. That ideally would come from new ownership as going to Ewood has become dull. Fans need to return and it seems this is the only way this is going to happen. 2nd is venkies decide to have a fresh start themselves Write all debt off and invest in the team.

I think Seneca's plan was as good and as close to sensibility as we are likely to see and probably more than we are entitled to expect. Put that together with the fact they are life time Rovers fans who understand all our pain and feel it themselves and I would have been delighted to back them.

If the clowns of Pune wouldn't even acknowledge the Seneca effort, it strikes me that any other discussion is pretty futile.

What exactly was Seneca's plan? Hear a lot about it but nobody seems to know what it was??

There's already a Roverman Go thread , its called the transfer thread.

Quite a good game you point your phone at various championship / football League grounds on the computer screen and see which of the Rovers players still on the books at the end of last season pop up at their new or potential clubs. Every one you spot gets a free Venkyf*kup egg and a thumbs up from a pokerat (agent)

Perth, Nixon would like his phone back.

The shareholder meeting on Thursday was a big give away. I am not too sure if it was Coar or Cheston, who stated that they will try to get the owners to communicate, through Sasha Puhail, or whatever his name is. How on earth can anyone have any confidence in owners who refuse to communicate, even with their own employees, never mind the fans. Cheston went on to state that the aim for this season is to better last seasons finish and be around the play offs. Given that the owners do not communicate with him, that's his own set target, not the the target of the owners. Imagine going into work on Monday, only to find out your boss has moved out of the country and will no longer be communicating with you. Not only that, he has no aims for the future of the business and no plans for how you fit in. I think you would be off like a shot.

What a bizarre scenario. I don't think anyone is paying 80m for the Rovers, unless we are talking about rupees.

The Vs are the worst possible scenario and any alternative is better as it gives some hope even if it crashes and burns quickly. This club is heading for the scrap heap without any doubt as it is.

Archived