BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Just seen the goals... I'd let go of Henley, boy wont make it at conference level. Little boy. Really bad player.

Wasn't there an article in the LT with Henley talking about this being a make or break season for him? At any normal club he would have been turfed out a long time ago.

Words cannot describe just how bad that game was, I knew things would be tough and we would be on the end of some beatings but the ease Norwich strolled around past us was hard to watch.

There are no answers in this squad to being blown to pieces by pass and move, we are so flat footed! Tie that in with a goalkeeper that doesn't really make saves, a poor central midfielder playing right back and an appalling right back playing left back (see where I'm going here!) we will be lucky to still be up by 1st April.

Just seen the goals... I'd let go of Henley, boy wont make it at conference level. Little boy. Really bad player.

Remember the fonz ripping him a new one at Bloomfield. He'll never make a player.

Now if we had a few kids in for this game and we lost 1-4 fair enough

You could excuse it , but we didn't we just set up to make it hard to

Beat us but it wasn't .The all club is a joke top to bottom.

it's a cycle, the all of football goes through it. we will have our time again, but will it be in my lifetime, god only knows, and she doesn't even exist.

the team just looked like they did not have a clue what they were doing and we were back to our bowyer ways, stand off, stand off, stand off........GOAL. That was one thing Lambert sorted.

Coyle and his chums looked clueless on the bench, Marshall ineffective in midfield, should be at the back. Akpan, ward, Lowe all awful and Henley. No leader in the side either.

Absolute poop

90 minutes of respite from Venkys to watch the team that they have built left us with after bringing the bulldozers in.

Awful, awful first half. Stomachable second half... just.

Norwich were the better side obviously but they weren't three goals better, we were just three goals worse.

Referee was poor too. Missed - despite staring straight at - as clear a red card as you'll see with an elbow to the head. Gave a bottler's yellow. Only gave a free kick for hand ball because the fans shouted at him.

Forest had to score 4 today at home to beat Burton. I fear for us.

At the same time though, I feel apathetic to it. The only thing getting my blood boiling is poor decisions and dirty opponents. There was nothing to get excited about from Rovers - even Stokes' goal was meh.

Awful result but it's played one lost one, still a lot of the season obviously left. If we lose the next 9 then I will be more concerned.

You'll only be concerned if we lose our next NINE? Some patience you have there.

How Adam Henley has made millions of pounds from being a professional footballer is beyond me. He looked like he'd won a competition to win a league appearance for your local club.

They were all bad, with the exception of Feeney in the second half and Stokes (though they weren't exactly good), but Henley was the worst along with Akpan. Not counting Byrne due to not havung enough minutes, but from what I saw he has to start next game. How many more chances is Henley going to get? He's pants at this level.

They were shell-shocked at the tempo that Norwich were playing, we looked like an Evo-Stick team away at Old Trafford.

Our players were effectively training cones for the majority of the match today. It hurts.

That was unbelievably bad.

Surprisingly, we could have taken the lead before Norwich scored; Lenihan slipped a great ball through to Feeney who wasted the opportunity to find Graham in the middle of goal with an absolutely woeful cross.

Lowe to blame for Norwich's first goal trying a ludicrous flick/pass and losing possession just yards from the edge of our penalty box.

Norwich then ripped us to pieces at will with our midfield non existent and our team devoid of any intent or ability to press the ball.

Our full backs were abysmal. We sign Hendrie from West Ham and start with a struggling right back in Henley at left back - can't fathom that one. Don't remember Akpan touching the ball. Graham looked slow and Marshall's frustrations were very evident from half an hour in. Steele is a lucky lad as I'm convinced that he kicks from his hands at least 18 inches outside the box on almost every occasion.

Bright spots few and far between. Great header from Stokes and Byrne looks like he could be a footballer - constantly demanding the ball and at least able to keep possession and try to move things forward.

Can't see Duffy / Marshall rushing to sign contracts next week after this shambles. Some gossip that there's already a bid for Marshall sitting on Cheston's desk.

As far the gate of 12,600, I reckon 2,000 in Darwen End, 2,000 in Riverside, 3,000 in Blackburn End and certainly not 5,600 in JW from what I could see. Would think between 10,000 and 11,000 on including 1,500 from Norwich.

Saw very little of Coyle in technical area once we'd conceded three and Coyle's son cut a sad, forlorn and lonely figure in the director's box at half time - no wonder.

Going to be a long, painful season.

I caved in and took my dad.

One of the worst performances I've seen in years....first time I've left early too 😟

Edit: I've seen more craft, passion and determination on a rainy Sunday morning down at Pleasington.

• Backroom

Someone said on here Stokes and Graham couldn't play together, looks to me like Coyle just hadn't really tried it.

Smashing header today and shows that simple football can work.

Archived