BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Chaddy. It appears, that more Rovers fans attend matches from outside of the local area, than the Blackburn area.

Which in my view, only plays INTO Venky hands.

Not attending, only shows YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CLUB. If folk really cared, then they would show they cared.

But as things stand today - non attendance, means players have to be sold, worse replacements are brought in. Results suffer etc.

The way some Rovers fans talk, chant, comment, act (boycott) are only helping Venky's.

Who are quite happy to sell ALL Rovers assets, to get back what they paid for the club.

NOBODY is buying the club.

I fully accept Venkys ownership of Rovers has been pathetic. Beyond pathetic.

But some fans need to look at themselves.

I cannot get to many games at Ewood.

I can get to quite a few away games.

But EVERY away game I attended last season, there were RACIST chants, comments from Rovers fans.

If this is happening at away games, it is happening at home games. These fans are scum.

I know 3 folk who write for certain paper's in the south. They fully accept fans have, rightful issues with the owners. But why are you helping them damage the club further.

It is NOT just Venkys driving fans away - Rovers fans are also playing their part.

ANY owner would be restricted on the money they can put into the club.

If there is no match day income, players HAVE to be sold, to meet the DEMANDING, costs of running the club.

All owners are hand tied by the rules within the Football League.

Even if JW was around today - he couldn't do what he did back in the glory days.

VENKY'S are pathetic and bad owners.

But fans need to attend matches - even if it is just to show you care for the club as a whole.

I spoke to an Arsenal taxi driver tonight - who has waited 12 years for a season ticket.

He has to pay each year to be a member of the 'fans club'.

I fully accept this post will not be accepted by some folks - I do not care.

I am only passing on what I am hearing outside of Blackburn.

Your attendances at matches, shows you care.

Newcastle being the example. Even though they suffered relegation - they are still attending matches.

So if we had 30,000 on every home game that money would be used for the team? Absolute load of ##%%%cks

I agree Chaddy. It appears, that more Rovers fans attend matches from outside of the local area, than the Blackburn area.

Not attending, only shows YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CLUB. If folk really cared, then they would show they cared.

But as things stand today - non attendance, means players have to be sold, worse replacements are brought in. Results suffer etc.

The way some Rovers fans talk, chant, comment, act (boycott) are only helping Venky's.

Who are quite happy to sell ALL Rovers assets, to get back what they paid for the club.

But EVERY away game I attended last season, there were RACIST chants, comments from Rovers fans.

If this is happening at away games, it is happening at home games. These fans are scum.

I know 3 folk who write for certain paper's in the south. They fully accept fans have, rightful issues with the owners. But why are you helping them damage the club further.

It is NOT just Venkys driving fans away - Rovers fans are also playing their part.

If there is no match day income, players HAVE to be sold, to meet the DEMANDING, costs of running the club.

Even if JW was around today - he couldn't do what he did back in the glory days.

But fans need to attend matches - even if it is just to show you care for the club as a whole.

I spoke to an Arsenal taxi driver tonight - who has waited 12 years for a season ticket.

Newcastle being the example. Even though they suffered relegation - they are still attending matches.

There's so much nonsense in there hard to know where to start but such is the level of drivel there's no real point in addressing it all but let's just focus on the racist chanting at EVERY game bit.

I will put it to you that's an outright lie or you've accidentally turned up and watched the wrong team. I must have been to 15 away games last season I can tell you I never heard any racist chants on the trains going to the games, in the pubs before the game, in stands during the game, on the concourse at half time, leaving the ground or in the pubs after the game. Not once, yet you hear racist chanting every game. We are the team normally in blue and white halves just for future reference.

If you want the club to keep losing and suffer relegation after relegation you are no supporter of Blackburn Rovers no matter how much you try to persuade yourself differently.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, by going you are showing direct support for Venkys and what they have done here. In my opinion, by going to watch you are extending the torture of the Venkys reign.

Finally, in my opinion, by supporting the running of Rovers financially you are no supporter of Blackburn Rovers no matter how much you try to persuade yourself differently.

• Backroom

Reads like a transcript of a typical Soccer Saturday panel debate on how awful Rovers fans are. Just missing a sympathetic line for wee Stevie Kean and a shout out to Sir Jerome.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, by going you are showing direct support for Venkys and what they have done here. In my opinion, by going to watch you are extending the torture of the Venkys reign.

Finally, in my opinion, by supporting the running of Rovers financially you are no supporter of Blackburn Rovers no matter how much you try to persuade yourself differently.

I can't believe I have just read the above.

i used to enjoy reading this forum but it's become a minefield of hatred towards anyone who dares to attend matches or, god forbid, support the club.

If you want the club to keep losing and suffer relegation after relegation you are no supporter of Blackburn Rovers no matter how much you try to persuade yourself differently.

Spot on. This badge of honour negativity gets us all down.

You are making your point by staying away. Fair enough if you think that serves your purpose. It damages the club so you achieve your end..

If you cannot offer something positive then please stay away. You have voted with your feet fine but don't keep going on about it and don't have a go just because we don't want to be as self indulgent.

After 6 years of sufferance we all know the reality which was confirmed for all to see yesterday that the club is becoming increasingly uncompetitive.

If you don't want to support anymore then fine but some of us want to stick with it if others have not got the stamina. Not everyone wants to throw the towel in no matter how hopeless it seems right now.

Don't have a pop at those who have been here before and know how bad it can get. This is getting close to 1970/71 again. Losing 7 -1 at Shrewsbury.a year later but we came through it then.

I refuse to let the club die and some of us think the same. The owners will not confirm the clubs death only the supporters will do that.

I will be there when we play in the Northern Premier League if that is where we get to. That is not an endorsement of the owners that is just how I want to play it.

Please take those gleefully destructive attitudes elsewhere.

Well that was a fun afternoon,

I said a few weeks ago it wil hit home to some people how bad things are when we are two down in 20 minutes against Norwich and so it proved.

I've never seen so many people get up and leave their seats in the first half after Norwich scored their 3rd. I expected most had gone to the bar but when I went down just before half time it was relatively quiet so I think many people just upped and left.

The choice of full backs was a disaster akin to Kean playing MGP at left back against Villa that time. I'm sure it's been done to death but Henley isn't good enough in his own position, let alone someone else's. Lowe is neither good enough at full back or midfield and cost us the first goal trying to play a cute flick out of his own box.

We've brought Greer in and as it stands he has to start. I can't believe someone who was good enough to lead his team and play in last years play off final has aged greatly in the summer and is not better than what we have got - and I include Duffy in that statement.

Akpan and Lenihan were both woeful but as a midfield pairing that's no surprise at all. Bennet and Feeney were non existent. Feeney come to life a bit in the second half including setting up the goal but that was after Olsson departed. Before that you hardly saw him.

Marshall is an Enigma unless he's played at full back and Graham had nothing to feed on but didn't do much. People will say Steele couldn't do anything for the goals , non were howlers but id bet a better keeper would have stopped one of them

All in all it was a complete shambles. I did expect it would be the most embarrassing thing I set my eyes on this weekend but unfortunately Pafell's post has managed to top it.

Not caring about the club is the only way to care for this club. The only way Venkys leave is either aggressive protests (won't happen) or relegation after relegation - so here's to keeping losing and us getting our club back.

They have been many of protests and a lot of them were in the PL where a lot of media coverage of it.

Problem is it never had an affect on them. we seen People boycott games and half of the fan base no longer attend games.

what evidence is there that if we get relegation the Venkys will leave?

They stay in India and don't come to games so how can we protest directly to them?

In your opinion.

What evidence is there by not attending that the Venkys reign of torture will end?

Your last sentence is completely wrong and very likely to annoyed a lot of supporters. at the end of the day we are ALL Blackburn Rovers fans whether you attend games or boycott.

Marshall is an Enigma unless he's played at full back and Graham had nothing to feed on but didn't do much. People will say Steele couldn't do anything for the goals , non were howlers but id bet a better keeper would have stopped one of them

Think you are right about Marshall at full back. Drives forward with purpose and looks a threat; also, a far better defender than either Lowe or Henley.

Disappointed with Graham yesterday. Granted, had little service but really looked unfit (leggy and slow) - armed with his 2 year contract, perhaps he's now back in his comfort zone.

Woke up this morning.

Still angry about this.

The thing with me is that I'm not angry at all. Well no more angry than last week or the week before.

With the managerial appointment, transfers in and lack of investment I accept that we are going down without a fight. Therefore when yesterday happens It doesn't affect me like it once would have.

This isn't a dig at you but I expect those angry about it expected that we might improve on last year and are shocked at what they saw.

What evidence is there by not attending that the Venkys reign of torture will end?

Your last sentence is completely wrong and very likely to annoyed a lot of supporters. at the end of the day we are ALL Blackburn Rovers fans whether you attend games or boycott.

You are familiar with the concept of opinion, right?

Not caring about the club is the only way to care for this club. The only way Venkys leave is either aggressive protests (won't happen) or relegation after relegation - so here's to keeping losing and us getting our club back.

That's it in a nutshell. I am with you 100 percent. The quicker this all goes wrong, the quicker we get our club back. And anyone who turns around and says "who wants to buy us?" China. End of story.

I can't believe I have just read the above.

i used to enjoy reading this forum but it's become a minefield of hatred towards anyone who dares to attend matches or, god forbid, support the club.

No hatred here Uddersfelt. I don't hate people that are attending, I just think they are wrong. It's all opinion based.

Didnt I explained this comment about 15 hours ago. Not sure why you have bought it up again but hey ho.

Because as Ricky very graciously pointed out it was provocative, unclear and you don't seem to be getting some friendly hints as to why people may get frustrated with your posts.

• Backroom

The thing with me is that I'm not angry at all. Well no more angry than last week or the week before.

Same here. I fully expected a thrashing and that's what we got. I could barely believe my eyes when I saw people predicting us to draw or win. The penny STILL hasn't dropped, even after all this time. Nobody should be surprised in the slightest over what happened yesterday. It was absolutely inevitable and we are in for a lot more humiliations before the season is up.

No hatred here Uddersfelt. I don't hate people that are attending, I just think they are wrong. It's all opinion based.

What's the threshold for them selling J*B ?

Sub 8000 gates? Sub 5000?

League two? Conference North?

Or as long as they have sold everyone and got the running costs down to a break even, would they just keep us anyhow?

If you said to me never step foot in Ewood for the next 2 seasons and they will be gone I would do. However many wouldn't so it would never happen. Whatever forces these idiots to eventually leave I don't know but I dont believe it will be lower attendances unless you got the attendances down to practically no one at all.

People say noises coming out of the club show that they are panicking. Cheston might be as its his job. I think when Venkys are told that they have sold 9000 season tickets or 7000 season tickets they don't bat an eyelid.

I cant see the point of moaning about poor players or manager. The problem is the owners. 6 years of awful leadership. Coyle is a side show which deflects of the Rao's.

VENKYS OUT 18-75

See Parson this is why I think it's a tricky business. IF relegation guaranteed Venkys left would you be happy with that exchange? I think I would - mainly because we're slipping down then anyway and have no chance of recovery with Venkys.

I think the whole problem is 1 fans won't protest and 2 in light of this there is no easy/clear answer what to do - boycott, go, it's as clear as mud.

If only we could get in a few top class protests.

See Parson this is why I think it's a tricky business. IF relegation guaranteed Venkys left would you be happy with that exchange? I think I would - mainly because we're slipping down then anyway and have no chance of recovery with Venkys.

I think the whole problem is 1 fans won't protest and 2 in light of this there is no easy/clear answer what to do - boycott, go, it's as clear as mud.

If only we could get in a few top class protests.

See my above post. If one relegation guaranteed them leaving then fine. However you could hope for us to lose every game from now till eternity and it might not have an effect on them selling.

What's the threshold for them selling J*B ?

Sub 8000 gates? Sub 5000?

League two? Conference North?

Or as long as they have sold everyone and got the running costs down to a break even, would they just keep us anyhow?

If you said to me never step foot in Ewood for the next 2 seasons and they will be gone I would do. However many wouldn't so it would never happen. Whatever forces these idiots to eventually leave I don't know but I dont believe it will be lower attendances unless you got the attendances down to practically no one at all.

People say noises coming out of the club show that they are panicking. Cheston might be as its his job. I think when Venkys are told that they have sold 9000 season tickets or 7000 season tickets they don't bat an eyelid.

Not sure Hasta, but there's no way we are successful under them so we will one day find out. How soon we find out is the question.

The Premier League clubs that came down to the Championship are expected to go up for a reason, they have that parachute money and still have some Premier League class players.

Let's see how Rovers fare against teams we should be looking to beat first, if we start getting thrashed by them then is the time to worry. I think there is too much over reaction here and that's largely pent up feelings about the managerial appointment still.

Archived