BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portugal. Ladbrokes kicks me out when I log on.

I am in Spain and I use a VPN to access sites that you can normally get on in the UK that way. BBC I Player and ITV hub only work in the UK but both work perfecty well with a VPN. I use Betfair and Sky Bet for my footy bets and both of these are fine too with a VPN.

There are plenty about, but the one I use is called tunnelbear and I have pasted a link below. Although I subscribe at £35 for the year, I think you can get it free if you don't use it much. Not certain Ladbrokes will work, but chances are it will.

https://www.tunnelbear.com/

Steele

Lowe Duffy Greer (if fit) Conway

Evans Lenihan

Feeney Marshall Bennett

Graham

Still believe Conway would make a better LB based on last seasons performances.

I don't have a downer on Akpan (yet) so possibly play Marshall RB and Akpan floating in the middle :)

Not too hopeful but you never know....COYB

I am in Spain and I use a VPN to access sites that you can normally get on in the UK that way. BBC I Player and ITV hub only work in the UK but both work perfecty well with a VPN. I use Betfair and Sky Bet for my footy bets and both of these are fine too with a VPN.

There are plenty about, but the one I use is called tunnelbear and I have pasted a link below. Although I subscribe at £35 for the year, I think you can get it free if you don't use it much. Not certain Ladbrokes will work, but chances are it will.

Use cyber ghost it's free and everything works

Norwich 7/5 on bet365 Saturday

Steele

Lowe Duffy Greer (if fit) Conway

Evans Lenihan

Feeney Marshall Bennett

Graham

Still believe Conway would make a better LB based on last seasons performances.

I don't have a downer on Akpan (yet) so possibly play Marshall RB and Akpan floating in the middle :)

Not too hopeful but you never know....COYB

Totally agree about Conway at LB... I'd give it a shot, has the legs and leadership for it.

Not sure I'd risk Conway at left back not composed enough and has a tendency to fly into tackles further up field and miss them. Mind you there is an argument he'd be better than Henley there.

Christ we are getting desperate.

Not sure I'd risk Conway at left back not composed enough and has a tendency to fly into tackles further up field and miss them. Mind you there is an argument he'd be better than Henley there.

Christ we are getting desperate.

There's an argument my grandma is better than Henley. Liability.

Saw your post and giving TunnelBear a go on Free Trial. Working great and can access the otherwise denied Daily Mail. Dont know why I want to but you miss what you can't have ^_^ looks like I'll upgrade soon. Many thanks :rover: Via TB I'm currently in India and might well pop over to Pune :angry:

What I'd like to see:

4-2-3-1 (going to 4-5-1 when on the back foot: Raya, Lowe, Henley, Ward, Duffy, Akpan, Lenihan, Marshall, Evans, Conway, Graham

Couple of potential changes - don't know how good Byrne is but if he's decent and creative, then swap him in for Evans, likewise if Greer's legs haven't gone put him in for Ward.

Really don't rate Steele, liability as keeper imo and not going to improve. Raya isn't amazing either, but has the potential to be a good keeper, so long term is the better option imo. Don't think dropping Steele would see a drop in quality at all.

Defence - other than is Greer ready to play or ready for the knackers yard, there's no decisions to make. Probably the worst full back combination ever, and playing Henley on the wrong side is likely to snuff out the last of his promise.

Midfield - think I'm alone in thinking Akpan could be decent for us. But feel if he is able to concentrate on defensive duties he could be highly useful for us. Along with the very tidy Lenihan (sp??) this should give our weal defence a measure of protection. Likewise when under pressure Evans dropping back to help out and add his energy there, plus having an extra man in the middle will help us to cope and counter Norwich's free flowing football.

Offensively - we're weak. But Conway and Marshall are creative and capable of chipping in with a few goals, and with 2 defensive mids behind them, this should free them up to attack a bit more. Likewise Evans in a more forward role, may be able to use his business to support Graham well. It's not an original idea (think Stuart suggested it?) but it may be an advanced role enables him to better utilise the glimpses of attacking potential we have seen.

Up front Graham picks himself both on ability and lack of other options.

Doing this and with Norwich starting slow, I reckon we can scrape a draw.

Mind you I fully expect this not to be the team with Byrne and Evans in the middle getting carved open, Steele being as uninspiring as ever in net, Marshall in the hole looking lost, and Feeney on the wing contributing nothing. I'm very worried the team we put out will be far too lightweight and allow Norwich an easy victory. Shame, as with a few more defensive options I feel we could grind out a draw.

Seeing as coyle seems to have no concept of defending (although I struggle to imagine he'd keep Lowe out):

-----------Steele

----Duffy Greer Ward

-------Evans Lenihan

Bennett Byrne Conway

-----Graham Marshall

Or

--------------------------Steele

--------------Lowe Duffy Ward Hendrie

Marshall Byrne/Evans Lenihan Conway/Bennett/Feeney

-------------------Graham Stokes

From what I've heard (admittedly I've not seen any pre season games), Byrne shouldn't play as part of a middle 2. Sounds a bit lightweight. Would be happier with him behind Graham in front of Lenihan and Evans.

From what I've heard (admittedly I've not seen any pre season games), Byrne shouldn't play as part of a middle 2. Sounds a bit lightweight. Would be happier with him behind Graham in front of Lenihan and Evans.

True. From seeing him on Saturday I would say he is far too lightweight to do a defensive job. He needs to be played in front of the defensive midfield in a purely attacking role. He is quite skilful and can pass well but is a bit small.

Maybe a No.10 with Marshall on the wing.

Hopefully Norwich have a big hangover from their relegation . Can't stand hearing their manager on the radio. Sounds like King Rat.

Most relegated clubs start slow taking time to adjust, they don't usually play a basket case club first game though.

Archived