BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A New 1St Team Coach !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly worked at Leeds with Rosler so no surprises if Rosler has offered him a job at Fleetwood. The question is whether Kelly sees Fleetwood with Rosler as a better job than staying here, or whether this is just the latest development in a very convenient process of offloading Lambert's staff and replacing them with his own.

It wouldn't bother me if the club hadn't gone to great lengths to broadcast that they expected Coyle to work with Irvine and Kelly.

Kelly worked at Leeds with Rosler so no surprises if Rosler has offered him a job at Fleetwood. The question is whether Kelly sees Fleetwood with Rosler as a better job than staying here, or whether this is just the latest development in a very convenient process of offloading Lambert's staff and replacing them with his own.

It wouldn't bother me if the club hadn't gone to great lengths to broadcast that they expected Coyle to work with Irvine and Kelly.

One of the remits for the job wasn't it?

Classic Rovers. Hire a manager on the back of the first team coach and assistant managers recommendation. Let both the first team coach and assistant manager leave before the start of the season.

Still no official announcement.

Seems like Wheelock and Bayes have only pick-up in last 15 minutes or so through Twitter.

Seems like a poor way to run a club. Reminiscent of when Jim Iley signed Joe Craig from Celtic and it was reported firstly in LEP with Lancashire Telegraph blissfully unaware.

The Scottish media (Daily Record) have reported it.

Sky Sports news have even found time to report it.

Wheelock has finally cottoned on after people kept asking him on Twitter, and has now produced a story that contains quotes lifted from the interview with the Ayr United manager that the Daily Record produced this morning.

Blackburn Rovers Football Club, the Championship side that is not only appointing a new first team coach but is also losing a first team coach as well, remain silent.

Amateur, pathetic, clueless.

Was I the only one who took that as "we can't afford to pay them off"?

Well there was no need to come up with a remit in the public at all then really.

I'd be more inclined to think they kept them on as an insurance policy in case first day of pre-season came around and we were without a manager. Which with the shambolic way the club is run, certainly wasn't beyond the realms of possibility at the time.

Well there was no need to come up with a remit in the public at all then really.

I'd be more inclined to think they kept them on as an insurance policy in case first day of pre-season came around and we were without a manager. Which with the shambolic way the club is run, certainly wasn't beyond the realms of possibility at the time.

We all know that window dressing is done in public. I would've wanted to keep them two personally, but reading between the lines of what the club said and why PL left, adding in the way managers have always worked with their own staff - this seems less of a suprise than an early Norwich goal on Saturday would be...

I think Henning was the only manager we've had to come and not bring in staff? I seem to remember thinking it was probably his downfall.

We all know that window dressing is done in public. I would've wanted to keep them two personally, but reading between the lines of what the club said and why PL left, adding in the way managers have always worked with their own staff - this seems less of a suprise than an early Norwich goal on Saturday would be...

I think Henning was the only manager we've had to come and not bring in staff? I seem to remember thinking it was probably his downfall.

I'm aware football is a revolving door, comes with the territory. Also I'm not mightily bothered about him leaving either, because of said things.

Doesn't change the fact Cheston came out with X,Y & Z, with half of the description not being matched by the appointment of Coyle. If you look at the statements put out by other clubs when searching for a manager, they generally don't seem to go into the detail that Cheston did. It's just the usual "we will endeavour to find the best man for the job" etc.

To come out with such points in the public says they were very set on the idea of their guy fitting in these guidelines. If they were happy to flout half of them to appoint someome, and the hiring of Coyle proves they were, then don't go into any detail at all then. It just looks silly and it has no point, window dressing doesn't even come into it.

I'm aware football is a revolving door, comes with the territory. Also I'm not mightily bothered about him leaving either, because of said things.

Doesn't change the fact Cheston came out with X,Y & Z, with half of the description not being matched by the appointment of Coyle. If you look at the statements put out by other clubs when searching for a manager, they generally don't seem to go into the detail that Cheston did. It's just the usual "we will endeavour to find the best man for the job" etc.

To come out with such points in the public says they were very set on the idea of their guy fitting in these guidelines. If they were happy to flout half of them to appoint someome, and the hiring of Coyle proves they were, then don't go into any detail at all then. It just looks silly and it has no point, window dressing doesn't even come into it.

Just goes to prove Cheston is way out of his depth/comfort zone and we do not have a football minded board. The hiring of Coyles mates is just normal football business but all the talk of Irvine and Kelly staying was just a school boy error from someone learning on the job.

I think you are correct, isn't this just another example of what a proper CEO brings, with proper people working around them?

It's no suprise to me at least, and perhaps I'm past being frustrated by the clubs media output - it's been god awful since JW left.

Plus it possibly deterred a good number of candidates from applying for the job.

If potential applicants were very publicly led to believe that a requirement for the job was a willingness to work with Alan Irvine, Rob Kelly and Lawrence Batty then I'm sure some people simply wouldn't have even bothered applying. If the club wasn't even prepared to allow the new man the flexibility to sack off Lambert's staff and bring in his own trusted team immediately upon his appointment then why bother? If you are a proven successful manager that means business you expect a club to have faith to back you in recruiting your own team immediately, and if the club says it isn't going to do it then theres not much point even going for the job.

The best managers around are usually strong individuals who know exactly who they want behind them and want them in place before arriving at the training ground. Rovers came out and said that wouldn't be acceptable, so I'd be confident some managers would have overlooked the job, with only the more desperate individuals putting themselves forward for the job, knowing they would have to make sacrifices to their personnel to obtain the job.

For the clubs requirement to have fallen by the wayside within 8 weeks of Coyle's appointment just goes to show that it was all nonsense to begin with, it was misleading, and possibly damaging to the recruitment process.

Then there's the impact it has on stability. The players were led to believe Irvine and Kelly would be hanging around, Irvine was there for the start of pre season before leaving, then Sandy Stewart arrived, then Batty mysteriously disappeared for reasons unknown (still no official announcement on that one from the club), then Phil Hughes arrived, now Kelly is on his way and Henry is arriving 2 days before the season starts. Hardly what I want to see in the midst of a crucial pre season programme - a constantly changing coaching staff - especially when all those brought in could have been done at the same time as Coyle arrived.

Oh but they've saved the cost of paying them off I keep hearing - maybe - but further jeopardised our season in the process.

For the clubs requirement to have fallen by the wayside within 8 weeks 1 second of Coyle's appointment sudden availability just goes to show that it was all nonsense to begin with, it was misleading, and possibly damaging to the recruitment process.

Kelly chose to move on according to Coyle in club press release. No mention of replacement in it.

Perhaps someone should have asked him whether he found it worrying/alarming that Kelly chose to leave a 2 year contract at BRFC in the Championship to go to Fleetwood Town who narrowly avoided League Two last season.

If he's getting paid more at Fleetwood than Blackburn Rovers then its extremely alarming. If he's not and he's making a financial sacrifice as well as size of club sacrifice to leave this madhouse then that is also worrying.

I think in my humble view Cheston has been told no more payouts, the management team stay in place until they chose to leave and get another club and are not entitled to any pay off of contract. Then more than likely told replacements have to be cheaper too!

Archived