BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A New 1St Team Coach !

I think in my humble view Cheston has been told no more payouts, the management team stay in place until they chose to leave and get another club and are not entitled to any pay off of contract. Then more than likely told replacements have to be cheaper too!

Quite possibly, though it still doesn't explain why Kelly would voluntarily leave to join Fleetwood Town.

Either their financial package is more lucrative than what he's on here, or he really doesn't want to be at this club any longer and would prefer to go and work at Fleetwood.

Otherwise he could have sat on his 2 year deal here and collected his very good salary whilst waiting for a pay off.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw "new coach" I was expecting a double-decker Ribble bus.

Perhaps someone should have asked him whether he found it worrying/alarming that Kelly chose to leave a 2 year contract at BRFC in the Championship to go to Fleetwood Town who narrowly avoided League Two last season.

If he's getting paid more at Fleetwood than Blackburn Rovers then its extremely alarming. If he's not and he's making a financial sacrifice as well as size of club sacrifice to leave this madhouse then that is also worrying.

I would have the Fleetwood owner any day. He has invested in a new academy, the ground, the team and the fans.

• Moderation Lead

Just proves what we already suspected. Lies and deceit from top to bottom. Rotten to the core. Clueless & useless outhouses running the show.

I could go on, but what's the point, we all know!

Quite possibly, though it still doesn't explain why Kelly would voluntarily leave to join Fleetwood Town.

Either their financial package is more lucrative than what he's on here, or he really doesn't want to be at this club any longer and would prefer to go and work at Fleetwood.

Otherwise he could have sat on his 2 year deal here and collected his very good salary whilst waiting for a pay off.

I'd say that a mixture of -

*Venkys

*Coyle

*Rapidly declining club

*Not wanting to be associated with failure

*Starting a season as a professional club with literally two strikers

*Previously working with the Fleetwood manager

All the above at this moment would probably swing him professionally away from wanting to be here.

On goes the merry go round. Another coach bites the dust and a new one comes in. How many senior managers and coaches have we had since Venkys arrived?

Allardyce, MacDonald, Kean, Brunskill, Jensen, Clement, Black, Hendry, Berg, Appleton, Westwood, Moore, Bowyer, McPhillips, Short, Grant, Keeley, Lambert, Irvine, Batty and now Kelly.

Any more I've missed?

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that all of the above, with the exception of Kean, cannot be blamed for the situation this club finds itself in today. I think the vast majority are honest, professional football men who came here because they thought this was a good club and wanted to do a good job and found out after a very short period of time that it was impossible.

On the circus goes. I'd be astonished if Coyle, Stewart, Henry and Hughes were in post come May 2017.

Personally, don't have a problem with a manager bringing in his own staff. Souness, Hughes, Ince, Allardyce, Appleton and Lambert all did it. See no reason why Coyle would be any different. Kelly has opted to work with someone he has worked with before which seems reasonable.

Genuinely unsure how Cheston's position remains tenable. He has surely been undermined in any professional capacity of his current role? That leaves a figurehead status whilst focussing mainly on his key strengths as an FD. Wonder how long he will last?

Both Irvine and Kelly have been eased out of the way with excuses that 'they wanted away so not the club's fault'. But nobody, except on here, is asking why Lambert, Irvine and Kelly have decided they are better off elsewhere - one even felt he was better off out of work!

The obvious answer now is that we are removing anybody on a decent wage. I fully expect Duffy to be off. But these folks are not on Kean-era packages but Bowyer-era. Are we now really that skint? Yet our owners are supposedly mega rich? Are they really do stupid as to think that they could undo five years of bad decisions by making one decent one that last 5 months? Were they just playing at it until then and thought "yeah, we probably should get promoted now - make it happen Pacha".

We really can't be that far from administration if the taps have genuinely been turned off. Worse than that if Venkys are going to keep us so as to nurse their pride and simply minimise their annual exposure then we could have a long time yet of dire football and relegation.

Hope Coyle has enough seige mentality left to get some sheer hard work out of some bang average players. Anything less and things could get ugly.

Just proves what we already suspected. Lies and deceit from top to bottom. Rotten to the core. Clueless & useless outhouses running the show.

I could go on, but what's the point, we all know!

JOIN THE PROMOTION PUSH FELLAS!

• Backroom

This is really starting to feel like we are building the infrastructure and team of a lower league side whilst continuing to lower expectations to ease the transition.

If we aren't a league 1 team within 2-3 years I'll be shocked

We may not be at all happy, about the lack of spending but with a FD in charge he will be cutting his cloth to suit his resources, can`t remember where I read after we came out of FFP, that the club is going to have to live on what it earns, seems like that is what his aim is, make the club self sufficient. Of course we may still have a 100 million + debt, but as long as the owners are servicing that and we are not getting any parachute payments this is what we have to look forward too, mediocrity in the lower leagues.

Personally, don't have a problem with a manager bringing in his own staff. Souness, Hughes, Ince, Allardyce, Appleton and Lambert all did it. See no reason why Coyle would be any different. Kelly has opted to work with someone he has worked with before which seems reasonable.

Me neither. Just a shame we ruled out potential higher quality candidates by stating that working with the current staff was a requirement of our new manager.

As for Kelly leaving for Fleetwood. It says a lot about what he thinks of our prospects under Venky's/Coyle/Cheston.

This is really starting to feel like we are building the infrastructure and team of a lower league side whilst continuing to lower expectations to ease the transition.

If we aren't a league 1 team within 2-3 years I'll be shocked

So will Desai and the Rao's , but paraphrasing Capt Picard, They will make it so - eventually

I just read that Kelly was in the dugout on Sunday for the U23 game at Notts County and wonder if he has been marginalised by Coyle. Why would he be there when Johnson and Dunn hold the managerial positions and responsibilities for that group. I recently saw several senior managers leave where I used to work because they were marginalised by a horrible man. They had responsibilities taken away from them for no reason and left because they were essentially undermined. Pure speculation on my part but once again there is a strange whiff coming from Ewood and Brockhall.

I just read that Kelly was in the dugout on Sunday for the U23 game at Notts County and wonder if he has been marginalised by Coyle. Why would he be there when Johnson and Dunn hold the managerial positions and responsibilities for that group. I recently saw several senior managers leave where I used to work because they were marginalised by a horrible man. They had responsibilities taken away from them for no reason and left because they were essentially undermined. Pure speculation on my part but once again there is a strange whiff coming from Ewood and Brockhall.

That was why Williams etal left as well.

Indeed. If anyone can put a positive slant on this one they want their bumps feeling.

Cheston will be a hero in Pune for saving a couple of grand a year and Coyle has solidified his position by surrounding himself with allies for the bumpy ride ahead.

Strap yourselves in boys and girls, Captain Kea... I mean Coyle is at the controls....

Indeed. If anyone can put a positive slant on this one they want their bumps feeling.

Cheston will be a hero in Pune for saving a couple of grand a year and Coyle has solidified his position by surrounding himself with allies for the bumpy ride ahead.

Strap yourselves in boys and girls, Captain Kea... I mean Coyle is at the controls....

We're in for a bumpy ride that's for sure

No problems with Kelly going to join Rosler at Fleetwood as they worked together at Leeds. Good luck there. Gone to join a good mate of his.

But the new manager should have be allowed to decide his own staff from day 1.

He's been pushed out Chaddy, just like Irvine.

I wouldn't trust Cheston and Coyle to go to the corner shop for a pint of milk if I was laid up in bed.

Liars !

If we brought in any other coach as replacement, i would have said okay cool. But when we bring in guys who has worked with Coyle before, then you know we are back in Steve Kean territory. I know many will say but managers always bring in people they know, but blimey, at least be a bit creative and try and better the squad.

• Backroom

No problems with Kelly going to join Rosler at Fleetwood as they worked together at Leeds. Good luck there. Gone to join a good mate of his.

But the new manager should have be allowed to decide his own staff from day 1.

You don't see it as an issue if we presume this to be true?

Blackburn Rovers to Fleetwood because his mate works there

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought the owners had sent Cheston down to Garden Street to buy one of the old Aspdens coaches with half of the floor missing. A new coach to take the team to far flung places like Brighton and the likes, just had to be the Aspdens variety!

Archived