BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A New 1St Team Coach !

I seriously cannot fathom why Lambert, a pragmatist, would claim to be able to get the diabolical squad he inherited plus no budget to the playoffs last season? This season, with backing, yes but last season, with thoses surrender monkeys? Not on your nelly.

Hence its all made up BS

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously cannot fathom why Lambert, a pragmatist, would claim to be able to get the diabolical squad he inherited plus no budget to the playoffs last season? This season, with backing, yes but last season, with thoses surrender monkeys? Not on your nelly.

Hence its all made up BS

Totally agree, Lambert was straight about the situation, he was saying from early on that the summer transfer window would be crucial

for the club.

I really do think people are simply looking for an excuse to have a go at Coyle for anything now. I don't remember people being up in arms about Hughes when he ditched Tony Parkes in the most appalling manner. Managers like to surround themselves with their own staff. Souness, Hughes, Ince, Allardyce, Appleton and Lambert have all done the same and there is no reason why Coyle shouldn't do likewise. I seem to recall Irvine more or less saying as much when asked to advise on the new manager and stated that whoever came in might well appoint their own staff. Kelly and Rosler have worked together before so it's understandable that Kelly would accept an offer to become the assistant head coach at Fleetwood.

That's not true. The was uproar when Parkes was sacked. That died down when Hughes proved he knew what he was doing. Loads of comments on here and in the Telewag at the time.

I hope he gets at least ten games before the fans make a judgement! If it's getting vociferous by the Wigan game I'll be gutted!

Ha! The old ten games! Let's not forget Christmas and 2 complete transfer windows!

Yep there was outrage when Parkes was let go mainly because of the way it broke before he knew himself. I remember people phoning in RLancs ranting and raving about it. Yet again another comparison is drawn and again it needs pointing out it's under a completely different overall set of circumstances than other times.

In the past despite odd outbrakes of outrage over the odd thing most gave the club and people involved the benefit of the doubt because there were seen as uncharacteristic blips. Now we've had 6 years of nothing but major blips and you can see through everything they do and say so much you can almost write the script. Fans aren't all looking for sticks to beat or conspiracies they don't need to we just get them presented to us on a weekly basis.

It's like a crap repetitive American soap opera.

If Lambert had stayed Coyle wouldn't be here - that's a fact. He couldn't work with the owners and so we have Coyle. Once Lambert left it was always going to be a cheap option. I think Lambert was the last roll of the dice for Venkys and they believed that Lambert would be able to guide us to the play-offs last season. It was never a realistic proposition and once Lambert started talking about this window being the time for major investment I think that's went Venkys started to backtrack and left him out on a limb. I think it is was around March when it became clear that Lambert was visibly less involved on the touchline, results went south and that was when I think Lambert decided he'd had enough.

All that to defend Coyle. Baffling.

May I ask what has he done to deserve your backing and loyalty? (And I won't accept :"I back anyone who's Blackburn Manager or What has he done to prove I shouldnt back him?"

You follow Rovers up and down the country, as I used to. A man of your standing should be lauded on here, but your comfortable acceptance at the club's destruction, leaves me utterly bemused.

You of all people can see how rapidly we've fallen, on the field alone.

I hope your faith is repaid, but it won't be under these crooks.

It might have been mentioned but what I want to know is how come changes like this get an immediate ok yet signing players allegedly can't get a go ahead for love nor money ?

Once a coach is going another is in before the door has swung shut. Unless of course the stable supplying these doesn't need clearance :o

No suprise at all - in the planning since before 2nd June 2016 (Coyle formally appointed).

There will probably be another of Coyles mates turning up soon, Scally as No 2 to McCall...

Suprisingly Scally is a Scotsman :wacko:

All that to defend Coyle. Baffling.

May I ask what has he done to deserve your backing and loyalty? (And I won't accept :"I back anyone who's Blackburn Manager or What has he done to prove I shouldnt back him?" WHILST YOU MIGHT NOT ACCEPT IT, COYLE IS OUR MANAGER AND AS SUCH HE WILL GET MY BACKING UNTIL THERE IS A POINT WHEN HE DOESN'T DESERVE THAT BACKING. ONLY KEAN CAME IN AS A NEW MANAGER NOT DESERVING SUPPORT.

You follow Rovers up and down the country, as I used to. A man of your standing should be lauded on here, but your comfortable acceptance at the club's destruction, leaves me utterly bemused. WHO SAID I WAS COMFORTABLE WITH WHAT HAS HAPPENED? THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT VENKYS WILL LEAVE WHEN THEY WANT TO LEAVE. WHEN THEY DO I FULLY EXPECT THEM TO SELL TO PEOPLE THEY ALREADY KNOW IN THEIR BUSINESS WORLD. THERE ARE MANY THINGS IN THIS WORLD THAT I DISLIKE BUT ULTIMATELY I CAN'T CHANGE THEM. THERE ARE ENOUGH THINGS IN LIFE I CAN INFLUENCE WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT THE THINGS I CAN'T ALTER.

You of all people can see how rapidly we've fallen, on the field alone. WE ALL KNOW HOW FAR WE HAVE FALLEN. THE GULF BETWEEN THE ROVERS AND THE PREMIER LEAGUE IS GROWING ON AN ALMOST DAILY BASIS.

I hope your faith is repaid, but it won't be under these crooks. I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT IT WILL BE DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE FOR COYLE OR ANY OTHER MANAGER TO KEEP THE ROVERS AFLOAT IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY. I'M UNDER NO ILLUSION THAT FINISHING FOURTH FROM BOTTOM WILL BE SOMETHING OF A SUCCESS THIS SEASON.

Archived