BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Olympics

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely shocking coverage of the gymnastic team event last night on BBC.

Going for a team medal we saw the Russians, Chinese and Japanese and the odd GB discipline, pathetic coverage, cost cutting using the local broadcaster maybe?

Very disappointing BBC and we came 4th.

Going for a team medal we saw the Russians, Chinese and Japanese and the odd GB discipline, pathetic coverage, cost cutting using the local broadcaster maybe?

On the radio this morning the BBC were saying that this pictures provided are by the Olympics Broadcasting Services, they have no control over who the broadcasters choose to focus on. Apparently no broadcaster is allowed to have their own dedicated feed.

Coming 4th must be gutting. It would be better to be nowhere near.

• Backroom

Coming 4th must be gutting. It would be better to be nowhere near.

Yep Smith said they went for a higher difficulty at the last minute but part of it must be psychological.

He had one event to do and it was the very last one and his speciality, sitting watching for hours and then having to deliver may have been too much

On the radio this morning the BBC were saying that this pictures provided are by the Olympics Broadcasting Services, they have no control over who the broadcasters choose to focus on. Apparently no broadcaster is allowed to have their own dedicated feed.

Cheers Kamy, debs said as much last night, very frustrating to watch.

ignore my Opening post.. its the 1st Olympics that ive had this little interest in. Not sure if its due to the football season starting, but i cant believe how little of it ive watched. In fact, i dont even know when a certain event is taking place, and apart from the 1st game, i didnt know South Africa had played their 2nd game against Denmark and lost.

• Backroom

Fiji just decimated us in the final; it was honestly like the Harlem Globetrotters playing basketball against a team of midgets

So I get home, turn to BBC2...trampolining is an Olympic sport? And GB won a silver medal

Never seen trampolining before, thought it was brilliant. Loving that you can see loads of sports you don't see much of on mainstream tv very much.

Loving badminton, table tennis too.

BBC on-line thingy has loadsa stuff on it and is dead easy to use.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwigh8_D07zOAhULIMAKHfFPCFYQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Folympics%2Frio-2016%2Fschedule&usg=AFQjCNFqoy9pIIeVBHpHTi2VYDqsIO6J_Q

The IOC will be thinking very hard about future games locations. The organisers say 80% of tickets have been sold when TV pictures would suggest it is far, far below that level. It must be a real shame for the athletes to appear in almost empty stadiums after working so hard to qualify.

The IOC will be thinking very hard about future games locations. The organisers say 80% of tickets have been sold when TV pictures would suggest it is far, far below that level. It must be a real shame for the athletes to appear in almost empty stadiums after working so hard to qualify.

Given the attendances so far, makes you wonder how many of those sold are corporate/sponsors, and also are the ticket prices beyond the reach of most of Brazilian people.

I bet the Paralymic organisers are very worried they'll have only a couple of thousand in the olympic stadium and tens of people at other events.

Archived