BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Olympics

Think it's worth commenting on the excellent job Claire Balding is doing as the anchor woman. Her enthusiasm is truly infectious.

She's the best Paul. Nobody else could have held that lot together like she and the superb Chris Hoy did. What a knowledgeable guy he is.

She is brilliant hosting Crufts too. She's the best presenter on TV to me.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes she's very, very good and also does some excellent work on Radio 4 on rural based topics.

Chris Hoy also excellent. I feel he and several other previous medal winners have contributed more than many previous commentators in explaining sports we really see. For example I now have a simple understanding of trampolining!!!!

John Innverdale though! Aagh. Loved the moment when Steve Redgrave told him to stop talking to the NZ rower and let him speak to BZ TV.

I must admit to not watching one minute of Rio2016.

I expect, over the next few years, we'll have several of this years "Olympic Champions" found guilty of doping.

That, for me ruins the whole spectacle; well that, and having athletes having guns put to their heads when they are out celebrating.

Wade Van Niekerk... World record, thank you :) And a great moment when Bolt went looking for him

So far in front, world record, from an outside lane?

I hope he's clean and it's just a phenomenal achievement.

So far in front, world record, from an outside lane?

I hope he's clean and it's just a phenomenal achievement.

He has been doing it all year already, and no issues in terms of drug related problems. He is an unbelievable athlete. Only one to dip below 10s in the 100m, below 20s in the 200m and below 45s in the 400m.

I must admit to not watching one minute of Rio2016.

I expect, over the next few years, we'll have several of this years "Olympic Champions" found guilty of doping.

That, for me ruins the whole spectacle; well that, and having athletes having guns put to their heads when they are out celebrating.

Well Juiced up Justin (Gatlin) got booed.

He still looks like he's squeezing.

• Backroom

Watched the Uzbekistani break the Olympic record in the 105kg category weightlifting.

You could simultaneously see every sinew straining in his body and yet it looked a complete doddle!

It gets emotional viewing when they can't do it, mind!

Very well done to GB badminton! Into the semis, ranked 20-something in the world!

Another great day for Great Britain.

Every single member of the cycling team, male and female have at least 1 medal.

3 diving medals so far.

Another gold wrapped up a day early in the sailing.

Just staggering.

I'm not a huge olympics fan other than for the cycling but I enjoy dipping in and out of watching pretty much anything - apart from trap shooting and golf!!

My impression is the enormous GB success has come about through years of lottery, and possibly other, funding. Just goes to show what can be achieved with real determination and ambition to succeed given the right support.

I'm not a huge olympics fan other than for the cycling but I enjoy dipping in and out of watching pretty much anything - apart from trap shooting and golf!!

My impression is the enormous GB success has come about through years of lottery, and possibly other, funding. Just goes to show what can be achieved with real determination and ambition to succeed given the right support.

Peasant!! :)

To be fair, he isnt wrong about amateur boxing, though.

Being a cynic. When they got rid of the immediate points scoring for punches landed (Olympic scoring) I did initially think "that's just so they can fix it".

I wonder if Putin tweeted a reply. ^_^

• Backroom

I'm on he's spot on. I'm not a keen boxing fan but he was very clearly the better boxer. The same happened with the female Irish boxer.

GB is certainly doing well; this is sort of what I thought last time and maybe in '08 too; it kind of puts the World and Euro Cup in perspective as if that is the only sport out there.

GB women's field hockey team will play Netherlands for the Gold Medal.

A fine performance by GB vs New Zealand, I was looking all over for it in the schedule but managed to catch most of the match.

Germany certainly stands a good chance to win both women's and men's football; I guess Brazil is good luck for German football

Sweden women vs. German women, gold medal match for footy on Friday.

Men's match is Saturday, Germany vs. Brazil, well, Brazil walloped Honduras 6-0; so, maybe a tiny bit of the sting of that humiliating loss to Germany at the World Cup could be taken out if Brazil were to win. Maybe they can.

Archived