BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Mansfield Efl Cup

As there is no thread.

Is it possible to put out a weak team, do we have enough players, is the team weak enough anyway, will Coyle still have massive socks, do you care.

one or two nil loss I expect so we can get on with the promotion push.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henley at RIGHT BACK, The loanee at left back. Captain tangfastic in midfield and maybe Wharton next to Duffy as not sure I'd risk Greer.

If people can't play in their correct slots in a match like this and do their jobs they might as well naff off alongside the inept manager and coaches.

Well after one game of the season we now have 3 injuries (Evans, Bennett and Ward). Coyle has said Wharton will be in the squad, no surprise as he is one of only 3 fit CB's at the club!

I dread to think of some of the teams we will have to field this season when the curse of Brockhall injuries kick in through the season with the now obvious intentions of the owners to not even want to sanction loans and freebies!!

Well after one game of the season we now have 3 injuries (Evans, Bennett and Ward). Coyle has said Wharton will be in the squad, no surprise as he is one of only 3 fit CB's at the club!

As I said the other day, Evans' latest injury is very concerning. He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet right now if fit given our lack of quality in the middle of the park. He had an injury pre-Euros - perhaps it's a consequence of that. Either way, the likes of Akpan are just not good enough to replace him.

Agree with tomphil,Greer is too valuable a commodity to risk in a game like this,given our threadbare squad and ensuing(probable)relegation-battle season! Im assuming of course,like me,you actually want us to stop up and not go down.

You will all know only too well in days of yore,Gary Bowyer used to play the reserves/ some academy prospects against lower League opposition.It always ended badly.

Hence play the strongest(?)team minus Greer and Graham who are too experienced/valuable to risk an injury with.

What is the strongest team minus these 2 is a moot point. But starting Henley isnt on the agenda. Afraid he doesnt make the bench for me. Threadbare squad or not. So Id go : Raya - Marshall,Duffy,Wharton,Hendrie - Feeney,Lowe,,Lenihan,Conway -Byrne -Stokes. Subs: Steele,Nyambe,Greer,Akpan,Bennett,Guthrie,Mahoney or Mansell. Giving Graham a rest as he cant be risked.

Agree with tomphil,Greer is too valuable a commodity to risk in a game like this,given our threadbare squad and ensuing(probable)relegation-battle season! Im assuming of course,like me,you actually want us to stop up and not go down.

You will all know only too well in days of yore,Gary Bowyer used to play the reserves/ some academy prospects against lower League opposition.It always ended badly.

Hence play the strongest(?)team minus Greer and Graham who are too experienced/valuable to risk an injury with.

What is the strongest team minus these 2 is a moot point. But starting Henley isnt on the agenda. Afraid he doesnt make the bench for me. Threadbare squad or not. So Id go : Raya - Marshall,Duffy,Wharton,Hendrie - Feeney,Lowe,,Lenihan,Conway -Byrne -Stokes. Subs: Steele,Nyambe,Greer,Akpan,Bennett,Guthrie,Mahoney or Mansell. Giving Graham a rest as he cant be risked.

If Greer and Graham are left out , we will lose !

For the first time in my life supporting Rovers I've lived close enough to even walk to the ground to see Rovers. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, my wife goes into hospital tomorrow so I'll be visiting her instead of venturing down to Field Mill.

A couple of years ago I'd be gutted about missing the game but I can't even show that sort of emotion right now. Just anger........

Having said that I still expect us to win in a scrappy game by 1 goal.

Is it two or three seasons we have lost the first game in this competition?

We need a cup run so we must play our strongest team.

I'd start with Raya; Marshall, Duffy, Greer, Hendrie; Feenie, Byrne, Lowe, Conway; Graham, Stokes

Subs: Steele, Lenihan, Nyambe, Wharton, Mahoney, Guthrie, Doyle

Evans, Bennett, Ward are injured. And Akpan is worse than useless.

I go with the team that will play Wigan

So my team would be

Steele; Lowe, Duffy, Greer, Hendrie; Feeney, Lenihan, Byrne, Marshall; Stokes, Graham

Subs:- Raya, Henley, Wharton, Conway, Akpan, Mahoney, Mansell

That's not the side you were very happy with at 2pm on Saturday pal :lol:

Yes that was my thinking on Greer, use him wisely points at Wigan are more important than this. On Henley if he can't play in his natural spot v lower opposition then he might as well be shown the door now. Loan him and use his wages towards a proper RB or LB on loan.

The performance by both team and manager v Shrewsbury last season was very poor but the pros playing second fiddle let themselves and everyone else down that night. The one bright spot was O'Sullivan I thought who at least kept trying to make things happen although they never came off.

If some of this youth are ever going to make the step up then one or two should be in games like this imo.

For the first time in my life supporting Rovers I've lived close enough to even walk to the ground to see Rovers. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, my wife goes into hospital tomorrow so I'll be visiting her instead of venturing down to Field Mill.

A couple of years ago I'd be gutted about missing the game but I can't even show that sort of emotion right now. Just anger........

Having said that I still expect us to win in a scrappy game by 1 goal.

Hope your wife is okay mate and what a shame you are missing the game, but a bigger shame that Venkys have made you not that bothered.

Is it two or three seasons we have lost the first game in this competition?

If we get knocked out tomorrow, it will be the fifth consecutive season that we've been knocked out by lower league opposition (and on each occasion it was our first game in the tournament).

Archived