BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something else for consideration that I previously was not aware of is below (apologies if this is common knowledge as I have been out of the loop until recently)

'Kentaro also has a deal with the FA until 2012 for many of the international TV rights for the England national team, the FA Cup and the Community Shield'

Is it possible this may have been a conflict of interest or an influence on the FA decision to state there was nothing wrong with the takeover? Also been looking into the disqualifying criteria in the F&P persons test for club ownership. Woefully inadequate for this day and age. At first glance at the conditions it looks like the FA would have let Jimmy Savile run a club if he so wished.

And therein lies the rub.

I think our best chance in all of this is one of the big US stations or newspapers doing a massive expose on the whole rotten thing, looking at Blackburn Rovers as a microcosm of all that is wrong with modern 'soccer'. Whereas British journalists may have more 'parochial' concerns in the form of injunctions, relations with the FA and PL etc, the Americans will not give two hoots about any of that. The bigger and more far-reaching the scandal is, the better for them.

This story has it all in terms of mystery and eccentricity, if we can communicate that effectively to the big news organisations in the US, who's to say that wouldn't leap at the chance to unravel it all?

Now's the time to 'Think Big'.

Who's up to write some e-mails/ letters to any/all of the following?

The New York Times

The Washington Post

The Los Angeles Times

The Chicago Tribune

The Boston Globe

The San Francisco Chronicle

CNN

NBC

Something needs to change after this week's events but somehow I just think Venkys will keep their heads down and watch it all blow over again.

If Rovers were a country there'd have been a coup by now!

Totally agree with this Stuart. They are in India and will simply ignore what goes on in our media or on social media. As with all stories, the news cycle will move on - the future of Joe Hart/Olympics/Pep/the United rival are clearly the main issues for much of our sporting media at the moment. Brexit/Labour Party/American elections/terrorism etc. will keep us off the main news pages. The further we drop down the leagues the less of a story we become. The bottom line is that nobody can make them sell and clearly they have reasons of their own for keeping the club. I've felt for some time that we are simply a business that they have parked to one side but that they are still using it for some beneficial financial purpose in some way in some part of the world. The whole issue of foreign ownership needs looking at by the F.A. but we all know that they aren't going to delve into anything that might be too controversial. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect a month from now the only folk bothered about the Rovers will be the long suffering supporters.

And therein lies the rub.

I think our best chance in all of this is one of the big US stations or newspapers doing a massive expose on the whole rotten thing, looking at Blackburn Rovers as a microcosm of all that is wrong with modern 'soccer'. Whereas British journalists may have more 'parochial' concerns in the form of injunctions, relations with the FA and PL etc, the Americans will not give two hoots about any of that. The bigger and more far-reaching the scandal is, the better for them.

This story has it all in terms of mystery and eccentricity, if we can communicate that effectively to the big news organisations in the US, who's to say that wouldn't leap at the chance to unravel it all?

Now's the time to 'Think Big'

I think this is an excellent point. It's hard to believe that a certain agency won't have come under radar of the FBI's investigation into systematic corruption at FIFA. It is said to run in conjunction with a Swiss prosecutors investigation which looked into the following:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/17/fifa-investigation-53-cases-money-laundering-swiss-attorney-general

I can't see the U.S. authorities being any less than thorough as they follow this through.

( What I wouldn't give to see one of these sleazeballs extradited to a U.S. jail. Squeal like a pig boy!)

The bottom line is that nobody can make them sell.....,

Legally I'm sure this is true.

One might though want to consider the sale of Manchester City by Thaksin Shinawatra.

Cannot believe its been.5 years since i wrote this,

So much of this has now come out

http://roversrevisited.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/puppet-or-puppeteer.html?m=1

Cannot believe its been.5 years since i wrote this,

So much of this has now come out

http://roversrevisited.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/puppet-or-puppeteer.html?m=1

Quick question re: this was a link between the x2 Guptas ever established????

Not surprised at all given.Indoo Sella's involvement at Rovers.

Jerome when he rang (on loud speaker) was asking about Myles contract renewal and how well he was doing, he was sort of stopped in his tracks, with the "he can go now, speak to Derek in the morning and he will sign the relevant papers to release and pay his dues up.

Im sure over the next few weeks during what is going to be a sustained campaign from all angles, more and more instances like this will come out.

Everyone doing a great job of pushing on all fronts across social media and monentum certainly gathering speed

Who made the phone call?

Whilst Venkys are quite rightly getting a lot of stick, lets not forget our board of directors, Cheston, Babu and Coar all sat quietly in the corner overseeing the demise of our club.

Doing as instructed by the Venky's and the agent,

Venky's name over the door,

Venky's gone and immediate immprovements

Who actually knows what Bob Coar looks like? I've seen pictures of the Raos, the dodgy Agnew, Shelfy and so on, but Coar is like Kaiser Soze. Is he a real person, or is he like George Parr in the Bird and Fortune sketches?

Actually he has a look of the Kaiser, not Soze but the famous football one. I just can't believe how this guy gets away with his silent association to this corrupt regime.

A disgrace to the club and Jack, the man who elevated him into a lofty position in the first place.

• Backroom

Surprised how understanding they seem to be, with one or two hinting at donating! Good stuff.

Could we also target other club forums with recent ownership issues?

Portsmouth

Blackpool

Liverpool

Hull

Charlton

Others?

• Backroom

If anyone can help with the other forums I would really appreciate it, i've literally not stopped all day and I have to go and coach my under 10's team at 6.

I'm really pleased with the general reception we've received by the Man Utd fans, respect to them.

Archived