BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, agreed Yoda but I'm guessing that's not written into their contract either. I'm asking as I don't know the ins and outs of a managers contract.

The Journo who looked into it (Heidi ??) also found no illegal activity.

Once again a failure to recognise the distinction between criminal activity and rule breaking.

That doesn't necessarily imply that there isn't criminal activity in other aspects of the club's operations but until injunctions are lifted or some whistle-blower sticks their neck out we won't know.

So anyway, what's the plan when they've liquidated us? Supporting eleven young lads playing on Witton Park under the name Blackburn rovers 2020 doesn't do anything for me.

Den, if the plan is to go the way Wimbledon and Stanley have done, the that'll do me. The first plan is to get rid of the Raos because we will ever prosper under their ownership.

However hard, however long it takes.

However, liquidation is the worst thing that could happen, you'd like to think administration is more likely and plenty of clubs have recovered from that. Best example is Leicester in 2002. Take-over required of course.

You want us to stay as we are? Surely not? You are easily as capable of coming up with a process and a likely outcome as the rest of us so I don't really get that post.

If there are other alternatives I would be very interested to hear them.

Den, if the plan is to go the way Wimbledon and Stanley have done, the that'll do me. The first plan is to get rid of the Raos because we will ever prosper under their ownership.

However, liquidation is the worst thing that could happen, you'd like to think administration is more likely and plenty of clubs have recovered from that. Best example is Leicester in 2002. Take-over required of course.

You want us to stay as we are? Surely not? You are easily as capable of coming up with a process and a likely outcome as the rest of us so I don't really get that post.

The question was firmly tongue in cheek......ish 47er. Course I don't want us to stay as we are. In fact I would argue we can't stay as we are. Butttttttt, don't rule out liquidation with these people. I think they're quite capable of that.

OK Den, you're too oblique for me! What happens ultimately no-one can say. It all depends on Venkys leaving, in what way and at one point we can't forecast. However, it's our job as supporters to make their continued ownership of Rovers as unattractive as possible.

I'm confident there are organisations and individuals determined to pick up the pieces when that momentous event occurs.

OK Den, you're too oblique for me! What happens ultimately no-one can say. It all depends on Venkys leaving, in what way and at one point we can't forecast. However, it's our job as supporters to make their continued ownership of Rovers as unattractive as possible.

I'm confident there are organisations and individuals determined to pick up the pieces when that momentous event occurs.

I wish I had your confidence. I'm not so sure Senecas' investors won't have sailed following The last brush off. I really think we're in dickie's meadow if that's where We pin our hopes.

I wish I had your confidence. I'm not so sure Senecas' investors won't have sailed following The last brush off. I really think we're in dickie's meadow if that's where We pin our hopes.

I wish you had my confidence too! Can't throw your heart into a campaign with foreboding.

having watched the first episode of the new Salford reds then all's I can say is get rid of the parasites and if we start again at that level then so be it.

WE WANT OUR ROVERS BACK

Yep, agreed Yoda but I'm guessing that's not written into their contract either. I'm asking as I don't know the ins and outs of a managers contract.

The Journo who looked into it (Heidi ??) also found no illegal activity.

What I found most disappointing about that, very short, episode was not that she found nothing (after a five minute read) but that a supposedly quality investigative journalist couldn't be bothered to do any digging. We all know this whole sorry saga stinks but she couldn't have reader considered very much to come back so quickly with 'nah, there's nothing to see here'.

This could be a really big story for somebody if they can piece it together and implicate wider stakeholders.

But, nah good luck anyway.

Agreed Stuart it is very disappointing. Has the rise and expansion of the internet and it's necessity of use for journalists actually made journalists more lazy? Seems a lot of the time if it can't be found online somewhere then it's just not worth the effort. Generally journalists do seem to be falling more into the category of reporter or re-hasher.

Hopefully someone has the balls and the desire to really get their teeth into this mess. It will be a mess but there just has to be a hell of a lot more than just those leaked documents.

Agreed Stuart it is very disappointing. Has the rise and expansion of the internet and it's necessity of use for journalists actually made journalists more lazy? Seems a lot of the time if it can't be found online somewhere then it's just not worth the effort. Generally journalists do seem to be falling more into the category of reporter or re-hasher.

Hopefully someone has the balls and the desire to really get their teeth into this mess. It will be a mess but there just has to be a hell of a lot more than just those leaked documents.

I'm inclined to agree but it just makes the work that a small group of Rovers fan did a few years ago all the more impressive. Especially when so-called professions can't improve on it.

What I found most disappointing about that, very short, episode was not that she found nothing (after a five minute read) but that a supposedly quality investigative journalist couldn't be bothered to do any digging. We all know this whole sorry saga stinks but she couldn't have reader considered very much to come back so quickly with 'nah, there's nothing to see here'.

This could be a really big story for somebody if they can piece it together and implicate wider stakeholders.

Think McAlpine. Digging has to be the name of the game....

Couple of quick questions to Glen following up on the past week.

After the Burton game there was talk of a few of you going to Pune.

Is that still on the cards?

Regarding the interview. Did you manage to secure the resource you needed to get it done?

Cheers for the updates

Lars Sivertsen, who's pretty close to Nick Harris, will start his digging when he's back from vacation the coming week.

Couldn't find that many articles from him in english, but at least you have this piece about the delightful Claus Lundekvam and his kitchen knife:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/26/claus-lundekvam-threatening-kitchen-knife

This is an articles his magazine Josimar did about Solskjær and his shady dealings, including his time at Cardiff (Google Translated from norwegian)

This is them giving a **** about threats from lawyers

(- I kept thinking it was empty threats. We are sitting on solid evidence, and a lawsuit from the edge we have never been afraid, says editor Havard Melnæs today.

He is one of two journalists in the magazine's latest issue, where "transitional issue" is devoted 180 pages. Solbakken is very central in Josimars case.

- You fear reactions from Solbakken this time?

- No. The fight we welcome. We are prepared, says Melnæs.)

Couple of quick questions to Glen following up on the past week.

After the Burton game there was talk of a few of you going to Pune.

Is that still on the cards?

Regarding the interview. Did you manage to secure the resource you needed to get it done?

Cheers for the updates

Due to security issues any visit will not be announce until it is underway. It is still going to happen.

Archived